DVD will now be region Free.

i hope i helped a few ppl.

Enjoy :-)

Username: Bocy

Post Number: 2
this code should work well with Sony DVP-NS508P as well

Username: Luiggistyle

Post Number: 1
Hi my DVD player is a sonyDVP-SR200P it is in USA, I follow all the steps and every thing is fine, but when I try to play a DVD region 4 but it doesn't work How can I unluck it thanks!

Username: Expurgo

I need a unluck code for DVD Sony DVP SR200P.

Thanks

Username: Alex0007

I was able to successfully unlock my Sony DVP-SR200P DVD Player with the above instructions.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

To those commentators who didn't succeed, I suggest you retry paying careful attention to the instructions (for instance, don't forget to press ENTER and then Power Off after the last 0000).

Username: Cadj0000

Hi,

I followed your recent post on the unlocking of my Sony DVP-SR200P, and I was not able to unlock the player.

Can you please tell me what is displayed in your screen when you select the menu options? Maybe we have different firmware versions or something.

In mine, option 2 reads "Drive manual operation", and then option 4 reads "Tray aging mode".

When I enter 12450 ("input count") and press enter, 00000 automatically appears in the "current count". I tried not typing anything else then, just pressing enter and power off, and I also tried pressing five zeros, which send me navigating menus (0->top menu, then 0-> external chip check, then 0->top menu again...).

Also, on the top menu, the model name reads "DPX-3221_UC" and Syscon Ver. 1.005.

Thanks for you trouble, hope you can spare a little time to help me.

Username: Bocy

Post Number: 3
I'm sorry, i can't help any of you right now, since i don't have the player here anymore, since i did that for my friend, but i will try to get it back for a few days again, to see if i can help you.

Username: Meks

Hi Bocy,
Any luck getting a hold of that player again?
Your hack didn't work for me either. I had the exact same experience as cadj0000.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Username: Paul817

The scenario with my player is the EXACT same as reported by Cadj0000, which I have pasted below. I`ve also followed the directions most carefully and it doesn`t work with my player. Mine is a great player, a recent buy from Walmart, but any help with this hack would be most appreciated. Thank you.

<<<In mine, option 2 reads "Drive manual operation", and then option 4 reads "Tray aging mode".

When I enter 12450 ("input count") and press enter, 00000 automatically appears in the "current count". I tried not typing anything else then, just pressing enter and power off, and I also tried pressing five zeros, which send me navigating menus (0->top menu, then 0-> external chip check, then 0->top menu again...).

Also, on the top menu, the model name reads "DPX-3221_UC" and Syscon Ver. 1.005.

Thanks for you trouble, hope you can spare a little time to help me.<<<

Username: Ap2010

Having the same issues as Paul, cadj0000 etc. This one does not work:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/608296.html

nor does this one:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t4332463-dvp_sr200p_s_limited (which is the same but suggests a code of 24570)

nor does this one:

1. Switch on the player
2; Pop open the CD compartment
3. Enter the following code (using the remote): 2812
4. Highlight the region
5. Change to 9 (for Multi-region) using the 'Enter' button
6. Hit 'Clear' to exit
7. Pop in a DVD and enjoy!

REALLY hoping that someone has a real fix for this, as a good portion of my dvds are region 2. Any new suggestions, please post!

Thanks!

Username: Cplloyd42

Laurieton, NSW Australia

I just purchased (yesterday) one of these from our local whitegoods & media store here in Australia. I have to agree with ap2010, Paul and Cadj0000 - none of the suggested hacks work. I would gratefully appreciate any other suggestions as, like others, I have a number of regions 1 & 2 DVDs.

Thanks.

Username: Cplloyd42

Laurieton, NSW Australia

Just a couple of riders to my earlier posting:

1) It would appear that the most recent versions of this model have had changes made to their firmware/software to disable the hacks already known - why they should want to do that beats me! It will need someone with the technical skills to find if there is another way to do it.

2) I noticed on the Web that Sony also emits this 'wrong region' message if the disk is NTSC and you're set up for PAL, or vice-versa. I'm not sure whether the 'Color System (Video CD)' setting (p.27 in my manual) affects this, but I have tried both AUTO and PAL (my TV's input) settings with no noticeable difference.

3) I also noticed on another Web posting that one should just return and exchange it for an equivalent Philips model - it was reported to work the trick nicely. Sony is going to lose out if it doesn't loosen up on this restriction - Sony take note!.

Paul.

Username: Himan2003

hey guys - any luck? thx

Username: Yufen0811

Hi guys,

I bought this model at Cosco in Melbourne. It is all regions as it plays region 1 DVDs but it came out black and white though I set up the DVD player color setting as auto. Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Username: Epimetheus

Country area............., South Australia Australia

This hack does not work. According to the ACCC - that toothless tiger in Australia - restiricting use by putting a region code on a DVD player is against our World Trade Agreement..........HA! Obviously Sony don't GAF for the ACCC since they must have changed their firmware to overcome the hack posted above. Answer: don't buy a Sony or any other player that has a region code limitation. There are plenty around which have no limitation.

This hack does not work. According to the ACCC - that toothless tiger in Australia - restricting use by putting a region code on a DVD player is against our World Trade Agreement..........HA! Obviously Sony don't GAF for the ACCC since they must have changed their firmware to overcome the hack posted above. Answer: don't buy a Sony or any other player that has a region code limitation. There are plenty around which have no limitation.

The Heading of this page is.......Sony DVP-SR200P US edition region free code. I assume that this means it will not work for any other region...........certainly doesn't work in Australia.}

Username: Bignaj

hey guys it works good with me

i bought the dvp-sr200p in canada and it was only region 1 and now it works for all regions}

follow this :

With the DVD player turned off; press:

TOP MENU
CLEAR
POWER

Choose option 2 and after option 4. Type:
24570 then press enter
00000 Then press enter and power off.

DVD will now be region Free.

Username: Mp11

This one does not work either... still need help

Username: Ravager999

I tried this new code with no success either.

@bignaj: how did you find the 24570 value?

thanks

Username: Pos_yo

i need help too
model name reads "DPX-3221_MX" and Syscon Ver. 1.005.

Username: Ondwargaurav

Mine is worst bought Sony DVP-SR200P from Walmart IN Boston, USA, When I press Menu, Clear and Power( When the DVD is Off), Its
just start as if it push to power saying "Hello" and does nothing.
Is it that my DVD is region free ??? ANy possibility as I want to take this DVD Player to Region 5.

Please help

Username: Ruiramos

Hi folks !!!!!
In São Paulo, Brazil i only used it in region 4 , how get it free????
tks

Username: Molissalee

Hi Guys.
I have tried codes 24570 & 12450 to no avail. My model name reads "DPX-3221_UC" and Syscon Ver. 1.005. and was purchased in Ontario, Canada.
Any other suggestions? I'd appreciate any input!
Thanks.

Username: Bailarina

Please the code guys
the 24570 and the 12450 don't work HELP ^^

Username: Stevesmart

I just bought one of these and the remote does not have a 'top menu' button on it. Pressing menu and then clear before power on does not display anything at all, just powers up normally. :-(
Has anybody any new insight on making this player region free ? I have UK DVD's and no way to play them.

Username: Jamesbond1234

Hi guys,

Try this:

1.Switch on the player
2; Pop open the CD compartment
3. Enter the following code (using the remote): 2812
4. Highlight the region
5. Change to 9 (for Multi-region) using the 'Enter' button
6. Hit 'Clear' to exit
7. Pop in a DVD and enjoy!

please let me know if some problem will occurs...

Thanks for posting but it didn't work for me. I powered it up and opened the tray both manually and with the remote and entered 2812. Nothing happened at all. Is there another button to press after entering those digits? Like > or similar.
I have a January 2011 model I bought it from a Sony shop that was selling a stack of 'refurbished' units.
Any and all help appreciated

Username: Bonbon25

^ Yeah, same.

Anyone has been able to figure out the code for the new software yet?

Username: Roypeled

I didn't. Grateful if you let me know if you come across anything...

Username: Mp11

nothing...still need help...

Username: Albemengoni

I have the same problem. I bought the SR200P here in Japan. The two methods posted above do not work.

Is there any other unlocking method?

Thanks for helping.

Pls help. I need to unlock sr200p (bought in Japan, not in the USA)...

Username: Fredia

America

Post Number: 4
Ohoh, it is simple.

Post Number: 4
how?

Fredia you are killing me !!! :-) Can you please post the 'simple' method? I need to watch Fawlty Towers again in UK format ...

TokyoJapan

Post Number: 5
Any news?

Username: Imran_khan

Pakistan

Hello all
A friend of mine stuck in sony DVP_SR520 DVD player,The set went in Child Lock or T lock and he could not found any reasonable solution to resolve the problem.

Please provide service manual and Parental code for unlocking the unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Aymantn

Post Number: 39
renault radio code

Username: Skeehn

Idk what the hell you guys are talking about Sony DVP-SR200P hack does not work at all!!!! First off there is no button that says "top" on the controller,and if that is shortened for top menu I tried just clicking menu and then the clear and the power off and all the player did was turn off!! No options,no damn menu so please for the love of Christ tell me where you're all getting these results. I've literally got nothing and I've tried over and over and over...I need a detailed walk through ,step by step button by button walk through cuz nothing works. Please respond ASAP

Username: Meks

Mate I wouldn't hold your breath. I joined this forum 5 years ago and I'm still waiting on a hack for this piece of crap. In the words of the immortal Eazy Muthafuckin E, "Throw it in the gutter and go buy another".

Username: Redlioness

Vincentown, New Jersey United States

I came across a Sony DVP-SR200P in my daughter's room. Not sure exactly how old it is, but I'd guess at least six years.

The region-free hack described above worked! I can now play UK DVDs on it (I'm in the US).

Start with the unit powered off
Press Top Menu, Clear and Power (in that order).
The unit will now power up into diagnostic mode.

Press the '2' button for the 2nd option from the menu
Press the '4' button for the 4th option from the next menu
Press '1', '2', '4', '5', '0' and then the Select/Enter button (the one in the middle of the arrows)
This will move to the next field and populate it with five zeroes.
Press the Select/Enter button to accept the five zeroes
Finally, press the power button again to power off (which saves the new settings).

Next time you power up, you should be able to play DVDs from other regions.

Note: I did this on a unit manufactured September 2008, with a "Region 1" sticker next to the model number.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us