Black lines across my screen

Username: Harley2488

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung DLP. Model HLP-6163W. My bulb blew and I replaced it and now I have sets of thin black lines all the way across my screen. I have a clear picture but the lines won't go away. I didn't have them before. Has anyone seen this before? Any advice? Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Tvtroublesolution

San Diego, California USA

Post Number: 45
wawawa

Username: Ramjet1958

Texas/USA

Post Number: 5
I sent an e-mail to Sony Support. Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Sony Technical Support.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write us. Your email has been assigned Case ID 744699. An email support agent should reply to your letter within the next 24 hours. Occasionally some inquiries will require additional time.

Thank you for your patience as we strive to provide you with the best service and support possible.

The Sony Online Support Team

I have pondered Steve's success. I am puzzled at how a small claims case can be won unless you have proof that the design is flawed. It seems logical that the court would require that you bring in an "expert" witness and/or have independent lab results from a very large population sample showing the that the same design flaw caused the failure in each.

How many sets were sold with the flawed optical block and of those how many have actually failed? If they sold 250,000 sets with these optical blocks but only 10,000 failed then does that constitute a design flaw that should require Sony to replace these sets?

Sorry, I'm considering a small claims case also. Just playing devil's advocate here. Hopefully there is enough evidence that eventually Sony will have to offer us a better compensation than what everyone is reporting here.

Texas/USA

Post Number: 6
On the other hand, I suppose that Sony has already admitted that the optical block design was flawed by paying for the repairs for those two people who had their cases presented by their local news' consumer segments?

Texas/USA

Post Number: 7
Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us