Dead Kbox, Need help!

Silver Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 204
Howdy all,
My friend just got a kbox yesterday and it got dead within minutes. The dealer we got it from is not answer the phone anymore. So far this was done, ihub plugged, flashed with latest bin, and died when scanning for channels. After reading several posts on the internet, I came to a conclusions that fuse must have got burnt. I was gonna send it in for repairs to kbox but on their website kboxteam.com, there's no phone number or anything. I don't know if that's their official website or wat. I can repair the fuse myself but would rather have it sent it as my soldering skills aint that good. So i'm here for your suggestions if there's something else other than the fuse or wat not. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif786

Post Number: 37
Liger, ritenow the kbox isnt working we all here waiting for the new file/fix to come.
I think you better wait for the fix and meantime also contact the dealer from where you bought the kbox and report the problem.
Let me know from where did you buy the kbox i might find some info that hepls

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 294
kashif mohammad,
I think Liger is talking about his box being fried. I dont know if you read it right. As for exchanges, Liger should contact kbox team by email.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17055
"Died".
Please explain in detail exactly what you see on the TV screen and on the LED on kbox after you turn the switch on.
You might have to do this 2-3 times to note down everything till nothing is happening or something is happening repetitive.y.

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 487
someone wrote in another site that Kbox people asking for donations. Why?

Silver Member
Username: Xtremejohnjohnson

Post Number: 148
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but what fuse are you talking about? I'm pretty sure this has to be a joke, but if not............what made you determine there's a fuse or that it's that problem?

I have my kbox open right now and there's no fuse or at least I can't seem to find it, so it seems like it might be a joke or maybe I'm blind or it's not a standard fuse and I can't determine by looking at the board where the fuse is located, which I'd imagine being inline with the power supply unit.

When you say died, are you talking about the power won't turn on? Or channels won't come in and you see a black screen? Because kbox is not currently working

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 128
there is no fuse in a Kbox.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
Whiskey
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009
Hook your KBox to your PC using a null modem cable.
Now your gonna load the 1.76 fac file.
When you tell the loader to load the file turn on receiver at rear while telling the loader to connect.
Forcing the factory file is a bit of a timing thing.

Apparently this is the last resort.
If this doesn't work,
send it for repair.

Username: Dr_ruthless

Bancock, Taiwai Korea

Post Number: 1
Has anyone braved the question whether this has gone route of DirectV, N3, and Nfusion or would I be flamed for such a remote consideration?

Especially before Xmas when the sales of these products would be at their peak. One might think a fix would be especially most forthcoming during this peak period.... if they want to sell their Kboxes than sit on mounds of dead inventory and lost revenue.

Hence, the simple laws of observation compel me to state that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks... what might be the obvious be here... another expensive door stopper?

Username: Saibaba

Calgary, ALBERTA CANADA

Post Number: 6
thinking loud for KBOX , they should at least open few channels to keep the users happy, I remember when I brought the Kbox couple of months back, none of the english channels were working ... except few asian channels. at least their was some sound in the house.... now its all MUTE , just the lamp light and the laptop. (AKON.... Lonley ... very LONELY)

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
OK, lemme clear things up a lil bit. I made a mistake by saying FUSE, its not fuse, ma bad. It is transistor.

Take the top off your box look on circuit board for a little black transistor ( it has metal top with hole, the heat sink, and three pins on bottom) located about one inch in front of where you hook sat wire

It is Black and plastic with metal extending above it with a hole in metal and has 3 legs which are soldered to the board,

Ok, Im just assuming this is the one, but I don't know for sure, so help me out, please.

Again, I appreciate your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
have you already read this ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
the link I posted is where you took your info from?

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
yes ur absolutely right. but i don't anything after this. I don't know which transister they are talking about. so plz help. thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Nalin, there's absolutely nothing on the screen. It is completely black and remains that way no matter what I do and how many times I turn the receiver on or off. And, there's nothing on the front display of box either. Not one letter or number. I don't what happened. It was bought brand new and loaded with latest bin. It worked for a minute and then shut off. And yes, I loaded it with the correct bin file. So, now I don't have a clue about what to do next. I emailed kboxteam but heard no response. I'm just assuming kbox is done.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17110
Liger:
Based on your statement above, cheap trick has the right advice for you - a transistor.

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Ya, I'm gonna give that a shot. I'll see what happened. Thank you for your support. I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us