Nalin how did u fix the crazy H1 ---- error?

Bronze Member
Username: Loverboyz

Post Number: 77
Nalin, Sada, Plymouth, whoever has faced this error or know how to fix it please help me

I tried all the options but not luck in fixing H1 - - - - error?

I went to dssrookie and no luck I looked various forums and no luck... In one of the forums Nalin was facing the same issue https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/601718.html and I believe Nalin sent it back to the manufacture.... Please help I have been working on this stupid error for past 5 hrs and no luck... I am so tired.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1950
From a true FTA site:

How to Fix the H1 Error on the Kbox Plus
1.) Down load factory file and K1 Plus loader and unzip the following.

Link for Factory File:

K1 Plus v1.71 FACTORY file Beta Apr.04.2009

Link for Factory Loader:

Kbox Loader V2.00 January.04.09

2.) Connect RS232 cable to the receiver and plug the power cord from the receiver into the wall with the main power source off on the receiver.

3.) Open the loader on your desk top. Locate the factory file with the browse button on the loader.

4.) Now have your finger on the rear power button. Click it to the on position. When you see the H1 error appear on the display. Click CONNECT on the loader immediately. This may take a few tries but the receiver will eventually accept the file.

5.) Load the latest file and reconnect the receiver back up to the your t.v.

6.) Enter all your dish settings and your good to go.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6403
john i had countour h1 error lots of time with my k1plus, u need to use loader cable and downlaod factory bin, worked every time for me..
usb doesn't work..
only with loader cable it worked for me..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Sada I am using loader cable sorry when I said said USB I meant serial cable with USB cable. I did try am using loader 1.01 and tried several different bins 1.71, 1.75, 1.80. No difference. Please help me

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16924
Loading with cable one of the old factory BINs, then try it on without the lates BIN.
If you can get past the
_ _ _ _ on the receiver, you will get something on the TV screen. If you do, you are OK and can continue with the latest BIN.
If not, send the receiver back for factory repair.
One more thing you can do, is to keep vol up or vol down and turn on the receiver. See if you can get the secret Bios test. It might work with channel Up/Down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Can somebody please point me the steps I should take to ship my receiver back to kbox..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6410
go to kbox team.com , click on contact button,

tell them problem and they will tell u where to send the box for repair
b.w what happens when u use the loader,
are u able to download the file or nothing happens?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
I am able to download the file.. I am also able to see the progress that it's downloading it goes to 100% all the way and then receiver tries to restart itself and and I see - - - -. After 30-40 seconds I do hard reboot and I see H1 and then immediately - - - - and it flashes - - - - every few seconds.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6411
when u see ---- after downloading the factory file can u able to download any other file on it..except factory fault..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
I used loader 1.01 and selected auto detect bin and port and it shows me the last bin I uploaded to receiver which is currently 1.71. I also tried uploading 1.80 before 1.71 and it showed me 1.80. If it shows me the last file uploaded that means it is there it didn't get corrupted right?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11926
John

Why you do a Hard reboot?

When you see ---- go in menu then do a factory default then scan your satellites!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Plymouth,

When I get - - - - I don't see anything in the tv I just see some blinking in my tv... it seems like it's doing something or restarting it keeps flashing - - - - and nothing happens. So that why I press on-off button in the back of the receiver and I see H1 and then - - - -

Gold Member

Post Number: 6412
yep true john
if u are able to download this ,
the download 2.14 too and then do a facotry reset ..
as plymouth mentioned..

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11930
John

If you use the componants video output, use the RCA yellow video output and see if you have a picture.

If I'm right H1 is when you have no channels recorded in the receiver but I don't have this box to check that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Guys, I am not to able to see anything on my tv. Just some flashing now and then. NO MENU, NO WELCOME screen nothing.

Sorry guys even false Nalin beat you this time. :-)

BTW FALSE Nalin stay out of this thread otherwise I will make you real Nalin LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Plymouth I am using RCA yellow-Red-white video cable

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Can you load the channel list using loader.. I have my old channel like file.. its .kdb extension though. I don't know if it will take it.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11931
John

When it happened on viewsat, I used a Loader for another model then his factory default to force the file in, then I used the good one with good bin, that always work for me on many dead receiver.

You can try it, you don't have nothing to lose!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6413
plymouth its sort of error ur rec is half dead, means u can only see the light , ur remote won't work , u wont' be able to use usb,

its wierd cause with my k1plus when i load the bin with loader cable (factory bin ). it doesn't restart..
i think there is deffiecency in ur rec
did u buy it from official dealer or ebay?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11932
John

I don't have this box but the basic is the same for all receiver.

I don't have any files for this receiver too!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6414
Icon K1 PROdigy Factory File (beta) v1.80.beta --[ Channel Rename Function; Recording Indicator Toggle ]-- 0.83 MB 1731

Icon K1 Loader v1.01

http://kboxteam.com/support/downloads

try this old loader as nalin mentioned,
as this is the one i used for plus.
since u are using pro.. i am not sure if its going to work.. no harm in trying

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
I bought it from http://allstarwholesales.com/ I have the original email receipt too. Should I contact or I can contact Kbox directly?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6415
if they are official dealer of kbox, u can directly contact with them check dealers list on kboxteam.com
if they are not contact with kboxteam..

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1952
K-Box has not accepting returns since April30, 2009

Bronze Member
Username: False_nalin

Keeping the Sandnigger...

Post Number: 18

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
How did you know about this Zulu?

What do I do guys I just got this receiver in July. Please help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
I used contact us link to contact kboxteam and described them the details of the problem I am facing. When I clicked Send button, the form just goes blank I don't see any confirmation on the screen that they have received my information and will contact me back.. Do you think they got my response? How long does it take for them to reply. I am really worried now. :-((

Gold Member

Post Number: 6416
john info@kboxteam.com
is their emailadress.

did u try the old loader as i mentioned above..

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11939
John

Wait a minute, Zulu will help you!

If he is able!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Sada I tried loader 1.01, 2.0 and 2.10 still no difference I will try their email thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 6417
one last thing to try... if u haven't tried it yet..

Kbox Plus/Prodigy Secret Bios
Turn Off Kbox From Back Switch

Now Press Channel + On Kbox Plus While Turning On Power From Back Switch (Leave Channel + Button Pressed)

Now It Will Show Some Weird Display 01a6

You Need To Have Kbox Hooked To Tv To See Screen

You Will See First Option

1-system Test
If You Press Ok On Remote You Can Check Flash Here

2-live Test

3- Video Test

4- Audio Test

5-rf Modulator Test

6-front Panel Test

7-usb Test

8- Default Settings
With This Option If You Have Any Problems It Will Default All Settings To Factory

On The Prodigy Is The Same Steps Only You Press Volume + Instead Of Channel + (it Might Work With Channel Plus Not Sure)

To Exit Bois Just Turn Off From Back Switch And On Agai

Gold Member

Post Number: 6418
this is what happens to me .. this won't help but .. u know there can be different problems..

when i encounter h1 error after downloading factory bin , i loaded the new bin with usb and error came back, tried again same result, changed the usb, worked flawlessly
so can be ur cable issue, try different computer remove the program completly ..
that is the best i can suggest you...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16931
john - Bronze Member

I have gone through the details of your predicament and various suggestions made.
1. Ignore the Imposter who is posting under my name - he is going by Username: Nalinthenut and Username: False_nalin
2. Sada and Plymouth are good helpers. zulu also is good helper when he is in a good mood.

Situations:

We are presuming that you are using a loader and loading using a null cable.
If you load and after it goes through first line of load and then goes to 50% (erasing) and 100%, you have loaded the Bin properly.
At that point the LCD will say H1 followed by - - - -. If it does not go to 0000 or a channel number from previous times, you HAVE a BIG problem. Because with that situation, you will connect to TV and find it flashing with the - - - - turning off and on. This situation requires a manufacturer's intervention because there is a problem probably with the video decoding.

What else can you try?
Your khub comes with a plug in for a power supply, which is not needed .... except that you can try a 5V power supply and use the k-hub activate software from your computer. How this can help - I have no idea - it is a long shot.
On One kbox I did a reversing of installations, went from 2.12 to 2.03 to 1.8 to 1.76 to 1.75 to 1.71, and I got the 0000 showing! and then was able to get it functioning.
The work involved is painful because it is repetitive. During the loads, I always click to start installation before turning on power.
If you are within 30 days of purchase and it never worked, I suggest you install 1.71 and with a witness with you go and dump it at the dealers, even if you have to walk out without a receipt. Then follow it up with vigorous mail and email barrage and (if practical) visits every 3-4 days. Remembr that the dealer can't afford liitgation for non-return of a warranty item. He knows that once you go to a small claims court, his kbox business is finished. YOU only got a deffective unit that never worked (you have show that you an ignorant person who does not know these BIN things, changing software, etc).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
I got a reply from allstarwholesales and Kboxteam asking to send my receiver to them. Here is a reply from allstarWholesales:

----------------------------------------------------------
Please send the K-Box Prodigy back for replacement to:

Allstar Wholesales
ATTN: RMA # 1785
3900 Valley Blvd.
Suite C
Walnut, CA 91789

Please include a note with your name, email address, contact number, desired return address and RMA # 1785. Also, please include $10 for to cover the reshipping.

Regards,
www.AllstarWholesales.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you guys recommending sending a $10. Should I include a check, moneyorder or cash?

And is it safe to send my receiver to them?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6421
john its very safe to send ur rec...u have h1 error fault so no one can do anything even if some one wants to check (which is impossible)..
u are sending a unit which can have no power or something is not working,
sending a rec is very similar to sending a dvd player..
hope u mean what i am trying to tell here,
nothing illegal about that..

don't send ur khub or remote..
i won't recommend sending cash.. unless u are sending through special mail.
check , money order both are fine..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6422
did u try the above method..

On The Prodigy Is The Same Steps Only You Press Volume + Instead Of Channel + (it Might Work With Channel Plus Not Sure)

To Exit Bois Just Turn Off From Back Switch And On Agai

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Yea I tried both ways it didn't work... Will try one last time.. I have already packed the receiver in the box. Will give it a final shot. Keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Didn't work. I don't think its in my hand now.... :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 6424
don't worry keep the shipping tracking number..every thing will be good,
they are willing to take it back,,
this shows show company cares about customers..

for next time h1 error occurs only when u don't let it completly download,
so make sure u take 2 to 3 min to let the rec completly download and reboot before u hit the remote or rec..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16965
My recommendation is not to talk with them again, and ship the receiver and a $10 Money Order or Draft or something like that - No cheques.
Make sure you print a copy of the note with the RMA number. The RMA No (Return Merchandise Advice) is your golden receipt, but keep all documentation whichever way you ship.
YOU ARE LUCKY - So don't spoil it with delays or even answering their calls or calling/mailing them again.
I am glad it turned out that way for you because you WILL get a functioning receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us