50" Panasonic Plasma( I Didn't Break In???)

Bronze Member
Username: Jedi1

Post Number: 44
3 months back i bought a Panasonic Plasma. i set the contrast and bright setting very low. But i didn't BREAK IN my new plasma HDTV. I survey a lot about Break In plasma, they recommended Break In for new plasma unit for the first 100 or 200 Hours to avoid any Burn In in the plasma screen. I never know any Break In before, I am new Plasma user..
Currently i have Break In CD and Burn In CD. Do i need to run Break In for my Plasma HDTV after 3 months use..??????

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4175
No, the TV is already broken-in. The main thing to avoid during break-in is black bars and static images. If you've got no burn-in in the TV screen then don't worry you're fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
TQ David (Gold Member)
I understand but the problem is when i bought the plasma TV, I didn't know any Break-In or Black bars or static images. Therefore I sometime use 4:3 sometime use "JUST" for the broadcasting channel. (I think almost 7 days i used the 4:3 / JUST) I doesn't know new Plasma require fill the whole screen. Before i buy the TV, I ask the salesman, do i need to do anything for the Plasma TV?? He say NO, just watch the TV. He didn't provide any info to me. After 1 week when i found out plasma HDTV need to fill the whole screen, avoid Black bars, i quickly switch to JUST mode. So far my plasma didn't suffer any Burn In or image retention. Since I wrongly use my new plasma from the beginning, I really don't know how long my plasma will last????? They say the manufacture didn't warranty any Burn In screen damage.....

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4176
If there's no burn-in then there's no damage. It won't affect longevity of the TV not being broken-in. They are supposed to be broken-in to avoid any burn-in, it has nothing to do with the life of the TV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Thanks Dave, I relief now... actually i like my Panasonic plasma, is a good TV.....
enjoy.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us