Samsung HLP5685W temperature problem

Username: Sbouchelle

Post Number: 1
I have an almost 5 year old Samsung DLP HLP5685W that ran perfect until a few weeks ago. After warming up (1/2 hour to hour) it wouldn't shut off, but I would lose color and contrast. After the first few times of this happening, it would shut off and I'd get the triangle with the exclamation point and the bulb symbol. I replaced the lamp, then the lamp ballast and still have the problem. I took off the back covers and put a box fan behind the TV, and this solved the problem, and the TV works fine.
I replaced the bottom cover (over the power supply and video boards) the the TV continues to work.

I was planning on replacing the fan and thermostat next as those seem most logical, but can't seem to find them for this specific TV.

Any help would be appreciated, and if it sounds like something else please let me know.

I don't plan on putting too much more money into this TV, so if it ends up being a board or something, I'll probably just buy a new TV.

Thanks

Steve

Username: Sbouchelle

Post Number: 3
Oh, one more thing - I noticed when I was changing the lamp that the piece of glass? between the lamp and the color wheel was cracked. Is this an issue? a replacement part? or shouldn't I worry about it?

thanks

Steve

Username: Tonedef56

Franklin square, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1
I also noticed a crack in the piece of glass between the lamp and the color wheel did you ever find out if this could cause a issue.

My issue started when i purchased a new bulb, shortly after installing the new bulb i noticed a flickering in the TV itself. I would not loose the picture or anything i would just see a flicker. I thought it was the cable TV so i went through all the sources and it was there.. It is not consistent but there. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us