Need help with my iMac..and downloading a movie??

Username: Cqueen2

Post Number: 1
I've downloaded Vuze and downloaded a movie and want to put it on a DVD to watch in my DVD player

my iMac spec are

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version: 1.20f4

Not sure what to do to get my movie from my iMac to DVD to watch on TV? Do I need another program to get them from my iMac to a DVD?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11804
C/P from:http://www.ehow.com/how_5038117_copy-dvd-apple-imac.html

As a Mac user, you can easily copy DVDs directly from your PC using your Mac operating system's built-in software. You don't even need to have two DVD drives to complete the process, since your Mac will copy the DVD to your hard drive and then allow you to replace discs. You simply need to know the step-by-step Mac DVD copying procedure.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions

Step 1

Place the DVD you want to copy into your Mac DVD drive. The Apple DVD player will launch in a new window. Close that window.
Step 2

Click on your Mac's "Application Folder," and then go to the "Utilities Folders"; choose "Disk Utility."
Step 3

Look on the left-hand side of the window that pops up and find your DVD drive; under that drive, you should see your DVD listed by its name. Click on "Insert DVD," and then, at the top of the window, click on "New Image."
Step 4

Type the name of the DVD into the "Save As" box; then, choose the location where you want to save your DVD.
Step 5

Under "Image Format," choose the DVD/CD master. Under "Encryption," leave it set to "none," and then click "Save."
Step 6

Wait for the progress bar to complete the process of copying the DVD, and then eject your DVD from the drive.
Step 7

Select the DVD file you created. This will show up on the left side of the "Disk Utility" window below all of your computer's other drive options. The disk name you are looking for will include the DVD name and end in .cdr. Click "Burn" at the top of the "Disk Utility menu"; or, from "File," choose "Burn Disk."
Step 8

Insert your blank DVD, and then choose the "Verify burned data" checkbox when the "Burn" window appears. Also choose your "Speed," which will create the burn speed time. The "Speed" option will appear right in front of you within the open window. Click "Burn," and wait for the process to complete.

You can do like this but on step #5 Choose your file instead of choose the DVD source.

Post Number: 2
Thank you so much ..i followed step by step ..and got wrong disk in my dvd player i think i must have the wrong kind of dvd's..I have DVD-R should I have DVD+R? or does that make a difference?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11807
sherry

List your DVD Model!

What kind of file you try to convert in DVD?

Post Number: 3
This is the thing I really have no idea on what i'm doing,i dowloaded a movie on the end of the movie file is has a DUQA.avi and i want to put it on a DVD to watch on my TV. Do I have to convert it? To what ? But why do you have to convert it..I'm really sorry for all the questions but i would love to learn more and why about this ..just didn't know where to start:-))

Post Number: 4
The DVD Model is Diamond Vision
Dolby Digital
Compact Disc Digital Video
DVD/CD Player

under the player it has a sticker with the #

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11808
Sherry

Your DVD come from Waltmart!

Put your copied DVD disk in your Laptop and check what kind of file you have on it.

You must have .ts file, if you have .avi you have to convert it in DVD format, you can try it on a good DVD like a RCA or Phillips which can play many format.

Post Number: 5
ehehehe yes I go to wally world LOL

it is now a cdr, file LOL i have no idea how to get it to a ts file?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11809
Sherry

You have a CD R disk!! You must have a DVD R disk!

Post Number: 6
ooooooooo well I guess that might help

Now what is a dvd r disk? DVD+R? You mean for burning the movie off right?

Post Number: 7
oops soory I meant cd r

Bronze Member
Username: Gladiator34

Post Number: 95
I've downloaded Vuze and downloaded a movie and want to put it on a DVD to watch in my DVD player ....
ok all you need is toast 10 or toast 8 to burn a movie ...but you can get like 5 avi movies on one dvd disk no need to convert ... thats if your dvd player can reed avi files ... when you go to burn , burn it as data and to read on both pc and mac that should work ,it works for me just fine ... if you need to convert just google for a pgm called video converter for mac and find the one you want and download it from your fav torrent site...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
oh just burn the AVI files only !!!!!and you can get toast 8 or 10 also from your fav torrent site too ...

Post Number: 8
I'm thinking my dvd player does not play avi files:-(
will my iMac convert them into .ts files?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11810
Sherry

Be sure that you use a DVD recordable and not a CD recordable!

Post Number: 9
Do I still need to convert from avi to ts file?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11812
Yes you must convert it from avi to ts.

Google it: avi to ts for IMac

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
sherry ,
1. your dvd player what brand is it ?
2. if its a cheap on from wall mart or any other store it will play avi aka(divx) ..
3. if you do need to convert then download Xilisoft DVD Creator for Mac Intel from the same place you got your movie from .
4. burn with toast 8 or 10

good luck
ftafreak

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so the first link is just to convert..right??

and the second link will burn the file to dvd ..right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok I got the second link downloaded and open ..Now how do I get the movie from Xilisoft to DVD Ripper for Mac?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
what is this one for Doreen?

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3280
I don't own a Mac so I cant tell if any of these will work for you ... but good luck trying .. if you need any more help just ask

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
LOL oooooh I'm sure I will need more help LOL

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3281
the link is DVD creator for MAC ( burning DVD files)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with the Xilisoft program?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us