Yagi antenna

Bronze Member
Username: Larrydumass

Stuppitville, Ark Werdufunkarewe

Post Number: 61
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-high-dbi-Yagi-Antenna-Wireless-access-point-ready_W0QQit emZ170407096413QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_EN_Routers?hash=item27ad0df05d

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
bought a cheap comp from goodwill and set it up with this antenna now i'm getting free internet from the coffee shop down the street card sharing for free from down the street cant beat it i pick up ten places this yagi is the shzit i'm thinking of adding an extenion antenna but it a little drewpy goingto try a brace hope it dos't mess up my reception

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
my son say there a wep\wap hack-test your wifi security site but haven't found it yet?

Silver Member
Username: Satopia

Post Number: 439
yes yagis are well worth the money they work like a charm well worth 65 bucks

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16754
Captain Hook: "Cell service".
Nextel, Verizon, Cingular - all provide a service to stimulate your brain cells. You should get it. If it really works, it should easily work on you.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 732
Captain Hook

There is no way you can use a cellular band 900 MHz Yagi antenna on wireless LAN frequencies (2.4GHz).

In order to do that you need an external Wi-Fi antenna such as the zillions shown if you do a Google search using "2.4 GHz antenna"

A yagi, panel or gridpack antenna is best. If you can afford them. They are not cheap.

Start on this page from a well known reputable american distributor. They have shipping warehouses in Canada and the USofA

http://www.tessco.com/products/productHierarchy.do?subtabId=127

Look at the Terrawave enclosed Yagis around $82. Fine stuff !

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_209

Post Number: 121
Thanks to The Outer Limits for the info
that is all I was looking for in the first place.
you Sir are a gentlman and a scholar

Silver Member

Post Number: 733
You could, actually, use the 900 MHz at third harmonics but that would come up to 2700 MHz and not 2400. Too far off by 300 MHz. The performance of the antenna would be way down with maybe attenuation instead of gain !!!!

Hey here is a trick. If you really want to save money, put your wireless router and its antenna up a mast in a weatherized box. And run the CAT5 cable down. Then you won't need a special antenna and won't suffer from lossy coaxial cable and connectors.

Guaranteed to bring surprising results.

Silver Member

Post Number: 734
I meant a plastic or polycarbonate enclosures of course not a metalic one !

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16756
Captain Hook: YOU asked:
"Easy to install on a pole. Can be used with Nextel, Verizon, Cingular and any other cell service in the 806-896 MHZ band.

Does anyone here know what they mean by
used for cell service ? "

I informed you that "Cell service"...
"Nextel, Verizon, Cingular - all provide a service to stimulate your brain cells. You should get it. If it really works, it should easily work on you."

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16757
Captain Hook:
These are the details of how it works. The stimulation to the brain cells comes via your hearing system (technically called the auditory system) Once the initial stream of stimulus is established and accepted by you, because of pressures on the service, they let your family and friends stimulate your brain cells for a variable length of time. It is all very easy and does not hurt at all.
Some newer systems also use the eyes to start the stimulation of your brain cells - It is by visual impact which is often multi-coloured. As in the case of auditory impact, the visual impact is carried on for a while by your friends and family.

I am giving you the real information, so why are you being offensive and obnoxious to me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us