8 x 1 diseqc 1.1 connected to SV 8000

Bronze Member
Username: Stormcat

Post Number: 40
Has anyone had any success with a Digiwave 8x1 diseqc 1.1 uncommitted switch connected to a SV8000? I get the same signal, 119 in my case, on all ports even though 110, 91 and 129 are setup on the other ports?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16669
Most DisEqC switches, when they get shorted, revert to Port one input on all inputs.
Shorting takes place when you connect a receiver while the power is is on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Not the issue ... I always turn the power off. The switch works fine with an NF box, but you can select diseqc 1.1 from the menu. It seems the SV8000 does not support the 1.1, but just wondered if anyone knew for sure.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16670
In that case, I will pass and let someone else take shot at it.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11745
Stormcat

Sometimes it happen and you must do a factory default.

Save your channels list before!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Thanks ... I'll try that.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16671
Stormcat:

Read this discussion - you may find enough information to explain and perhaps solve your problem.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/109539-noob-diseqc-1-1-8x1-s witch-viewsat-extreme-diseqc-1-2-only.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
URL gives me an error

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I tried the Factory Reset but nothing changed. Still getting 119 signal coming in on all 4 ports.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16672
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/109539-noob-diseqc-1-1-8x1-s witch-viewsat-extreme-diseqc-1-2-only.html

If you can't access this way try Google with

digiwave 8x1 1.1 noob
separate words - not a phrase.

It is a three page discussion at satellite guys, very relevant to your needs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Got it. Thanks ... using the Google approach ... It didn't answer my original question though ... does the SV8000 actually support a diseqc 1.1 switch. The specs. say it does ... but in practice it doesn't seem to.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16682
My understanding from that discussion is that you will likely have to go through the 2 4-1 switch route described there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16690
c&P

You install them like you would install a motor with diseqc 1.2

You connect an lnb to port 1 of the switch, you connect the switch to your receiver, you go into the configuration of the satellite. You then select a correct transponder.

Then you go into your motor config. You press the option to make the "motor" move east or west.

You should be getting a signal. peak the signal and then save the position in your "motor".

You do that for each ports.

Then your done.

Works very well with pansats, viewsats, captive works, mytheater, fortec, extremeview, coolsats, everything that supports diseqc 1.2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I tried your motor suggestion but it doesn't bring in the signals either, on the SV8000. That was not my question though. Just wanted to know if in practice anyone knows if 1.1 is supported by the SV8000?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us