Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11736
Gray

What is your TV model?

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 701
If it is a 15 pin VGA port and not a 9 pin serial port you could get a VGA to DVI adapter

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3266
http://ruel.net/pc/tv.tuner.converter.htm

Bronze Member
Username: John_mosby

Virgina USA

Post Number: 21
Chumley 9 pin serial port,but where the montitor
plugs in is a 15 pin.So I need a new PC?

Silver Member

Post Number: 703
You want to replace existing monitor with the tv... I would get a dvi to vga adapter/cable and connect the pc to tv using same port as existing monitor.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11737
Gray

Buy a cheap Video Card then hook your tv in S-Video output or a better with HDMI output.

Bronze Member

Virgina USA

Post Number: 22
Thanks to Doreen with her post above I came up with this.

Grand HD Cinema
Upload

Grandtec is pleased to introduce the world's first USB to HDMI converter. The Grand HD Cinema brings convenience by allowing customers to play media files stored on your PC on your large screen by converting the signal to HDMI. Simply connect the USB interface of PC to the converter using the included USB cable, and connect it to your home theatre system with a HDMI cable, then you can enjoy the high quality pictures (720p) and sound on your big screen.

Chumley I don't want to replace existing monitor with the tv so do they make an adapter to plug in the PC monitor and the TV? Thanks

Bronze Member

Virgina USA

Post Number: 23
Chumley will this splitter work?
Upload

The Ultima SXGA cable optimizes style, quality, and value in a cable specially designed for high performance. This y-cable splits the VGA signal to provide simultaneous display of the same picture. It is constructed from 3 individually-shielded 75 Ohm coax and 4 twisted pair cable to minimize crosstalk, noise, and other EMI/RFI interference.

An aluminum undermold shield assists in reducing interference to meet FCC requirements, while a 360° solder-to-connector shell and cable braid create an end-to-end shielding solution for a noise-free connection.

24k gold-plated connectors provide maximum corrosion resistance for error-free data transfer. The charcoal gray cable jacket not only matches your case but disappears behind your desk leaving a clean organized look. The sleek design of the molded connectors makes them easy to grip. Finally, an ultra-flexible jacket and oversized thumbscrews make installation easy.

Connector 1: One HD15 Male
Connector 2: Two HD15 Female

Please Note: UXGA provides a screen resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels. Not sure what resolution you need? See our VGA resolution guide.

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us