Kbox problem

Bronze Member
Username: Junkyfunky1234

Post Number: 28
Hi Guys,
My new kbox-prodigy stopped working few hours ago.
If I turn on the power button from the back, it says HI and then show four dashed lines that keeps on blinking (seems like rebooting). Nothing shows up on TV. I also tried after removing coax cable and khub from the back.. but no luck
It was working fine in the morning.
I have seen some potential solutions using serial cable, but I dont have a computer with serial port. Any help will be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6246
yeh that is h1 error ...
the only solution to this problem is to use serial cable and destop computer ...

or u can get serial cable adapter and use it on ur laptop..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
thanx a lot sada.. its fixed.. had to buy the adapter and cable.. was trying to see if there another cheaper way out :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Ahtasham

Post Number: 15
Can you please explain exactly what you did? I ask because I am having exactly the same error. List any file, loader versions that you used. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 685
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1792034#POST1792034

quote:

if u have pro do the same thing but use pro files..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16580
sada:
See the above post.
I tried exactly that with a kbox pro using the proper cable for prodigy and it did not work. It loads the file OK and I made sure that the cable was correct, by using the loader to load the different files, so it is not a cable fault. apparently Prodigy and k plus seem to be different in that respect.
I would like to know from junky funky whether it worked on his Prodigy.

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 865
2 different cables ..2 different files depending on model, pro or plus

detailed instrucions
http://www.kboxforum. com/forums/kbox-prodigy-files-guides/759-how-fix-hi-error.html

Kbox down since 11 pm last night ... very odd thing is that some reported up ??? most down though

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11673
Hi sump!

Do you know what happen with the servers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
well all boxes have problems from time to time .. Nfusion had thier day back in SEPT. guess it Kbox turn .. no ..

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11674
sump

Ok you don't know what is the problem!

Simply a question for Kbox users!

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Okay guys... here is what I did. I have kbox prodigy that was showing HI message and then four dashed lines continuously blinking at the interval of about 1 or 2 seconds.
I had to buy a NULL Modem cable.. it is a serial cable.. but please note that there are two type of serial cables.. for prodigy you need NULL Modem cable and not the other one (other is straight through)..
Since my laptop does not have a serial port, I had to buy a serial to USB convertor. There is only one type of converter that works for both null-modem and straight-through.. so buy any converter you can get.
Then connect one end of your null-modem cable to the back of your prodigy and the other end to your computer using serial-to-usb converter. You have to install the drivers for this converter on your laptop.. windows-7 can automatically install drivers..
After you have connected the cable, go to device manager, and you have to change the bits-per-second of your serial-to-usb port to 115200. In the device manager, you will also see which COM port should you select in your loader.
The start the KBOX_LOADER that you downloaded from kboxforum. In the loader you have to browse for the FATORY_FILE.. it is a .kbx file (dont click connect now). I used loader ver 1.01 and factory file 1.71-beta... yeah they are old but they worked.
Then as soon as you turn on your kbox from the back switch, click connect on the loader BEFORE you see HI.. it may take some tries... but it will start uploading the factory file.. will take about 1 to 2 minutes to complete tranfer.. let you box reboot once on its own after uploading is finished.
Then once you are done... connect TV, khub, and coax at the back. You can also connect your USB containing lates 2.11 file.
Once you start your kbox, load the latest 2.11 file... and thats it :-)

please not that while connecting and disconnecting anything from the back, it is advisable to turn-off kbox and disconnect kbox from the power outlet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
oh.. and download the factory file and loader from the kbox-prodigy-area of kboxforum

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16582
junky funky: Thanks for the detailed post. I was helping a friend. I did exactly that and was successful in installing the files, but unfortunately no change at all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
You can try changing the factory file... sometimes a different file can work. I initially tried the latest one 2.something.. it didn't work.. so the I tried an older one, and it worked.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16583
I tried a lot. The only thing different was i used the latest Loader version. I will try and find out if my friend still has the problem and try the older loader.
I did try all the factory files without success. They do load properly but the H1 stays! Maybe the kbox has H1N1 virus!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
:-)
if it helps here are the exact links for what I used and worked. I had to use dssrookie since kboxforum was down and still is.

factory file: http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/attachments/kbox-prodigy-files/21232d1244464301- k1-prodigy-factory-files-k1-prodigy_v1.71.beta.rar

loader: http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/attachments/kbox-prodigy-files/21400d1244994740- k1-loaders-k1_loader.rar

Silver Member

Post Number: 868
kboxforum not down ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
well it is down for me.. I just see the following message

"Sorry, no access granted here
But you may want to donate for this fantastic Arcade-Hack"

can other access http://www.kboxforum. com/forums/

Bronze Member
Username: Cuppa

Post Number: 20
Sump, I get the same message as junky at kboxforum.

"Sorry, no access granted here
But you may want to donate for this fantastic Arcade-Hack"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16585
junky funky: Thanks for the info. If my friend still has the problem, I will try the exact files you used; otherwise, I will have to wait till he gets into similar mess.
Right now, I do not know if he still has the problem, and if not, what solution he used.
Thanks, all the same.

Silver Member

Post Number: 869
thank you ...

We are in process of moving server. Bigger Better etc etc.. On Sunday night we changed the DNS entry to new Server ... short story is that things did not work out. DNS was changed back. The page that you are viewing is from that new server. It seems that there are couple people that still get the old DNS and it directs them to there .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I tried a different browser with cookies removed. Can't get in. Some people can get into site, Sump?

Silver Member

Post Number: 870
Most DNS clients cache the results of name resolution requests. This speeds up name resolution if multiple lookups are done to the same address, such as is common when browsing the web.

Sometimes a bad DNS entry will be cached and you will need to either flush the DNS cache to get rid of it, or wait up to 24 hours for it to be dropped from the cache automatically.
How to Flush DNS in Microsoft Windows

In Microsoft Windows, you can use the command ipconfig /flushdns to flush the DNS resolver cache:

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

You can also use the command ipconfig /displaydns to view the DNS resolver cache.
Turning off DNS Caching under Microsoft Windows

If you experience frequent issues with DNS caching under Microsoft Windows, you can disable client-side DNS caching with either of these two commands:

* net stop dnscache
* sc servername stop dnscache

This will disable DNS caching until the next reboot. To make the change permanent, use the Service Controller tool or the Services tool to set the DNS Client service startup type to Disabled.
Tuning DNS Caching under Microsoft Windows

You can modify the behavior of the Microsoft Windows DNS caching algorithm by setting two registry entries in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters registry key.

The MaxCacheTtl represents the maximum time that the results of a DNS lookup will be cached. The default value is 86,400 seconds. If you set this value to 1, DNS entries will only be cashed for a single second.

MaxNegativeCacheTtl represents the maximim time that the results of a failed DNS lookup will be cached. The default value is 900 seconds. If you set this value to 0, failed DNS lookups will not be cached.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Sump, if I use my other computer, which has never been to kboxforum, should I be able to get in?
Are you saying that the site is up and functioning for most members?

Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 871
yes we been up and running since the failed server move .. but there are a couple people who cannot get on .. their DNS is point to wrong place .. thanks to JUNKYFUNKY .. i see that it was not just one person .. "flash"

web@kboxforum .com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16586
Also some switching points along the line might have old DNS entries which may take several hours to clear and new ones entered.
Your efforts in Windows may not suceed if that is the case and I think most likely THAT IS THE CASE.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
sump, is this change only for forums/web-server, or are you guys upgrading the servers for serving requests from kbox also?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
When I type in C:\>ipconfig /flushdns in run, it says it cannot find it. Win XP

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16587
Caching and time to live

Because of the huge volume of requests generated by a system like DNS, the designers wished to provide a mechanism to reduce the load on individual DNS servers. To this end, the DNS resolution process allows for caching (i.e. the local recording and subsequent consultation of the results of a DNS query) for a given period of time after a successful answer. How long a resolver caches a DNS response (i.e. how long a DNS response remains valid) is determined by a value called the time to live (TTL). The TTL is set by the administrator of the DNS server handing out the response. The period of validity may vary from just seconds to days or even weeks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
for those who are wondering.... dns-server converts the domain-names that we type in the browser to the ip-addresses of the actual machines that are hosting those domains... so if the ip-address change, but the dns-server is still pointing to the old-address, then we have problem..

Silver Member

Post Number: 872
junky u funny !!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 873
ipconfig (SPACE) /flushdns

do this in dos window/cmd prompt

Silver Member

Post Number: 874
Nalin .. yes the actual time it takes for all the DNS servers all over the world to pick up changes varies

it has been well over time limit ..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16590
The TTL is set by the administrator of the DNS server handing out the response. The period of validity may vary from just seconds to days or even weeks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
nalin .. i am not even going there ... I have administrated DNS servers

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16592
Version 212 is out.

It is a required non-optional upgrade.

k1pro_212_20091111.zip

It is not yet available at the currentbins site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
212 up and working

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Thanks Nalin.. kbox working with 212 :-)

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11676
Nalin

You are faster than sump!

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6257
nalin i have k1plus and the cable that comes with my khub null modem cable, i used it couple of times and it solved the h1 error,
make sure its right cable, as pro use different cable,
than plus,
u have to try several times in order to make it work..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16600
sada: I am aware of
k1Plus = straight cable
k prodigy = null cable

That is not the problem. I is something I can't trace yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 879
nalin .. it was about your comment on DNS ..

since we are all just getting along ..

my wings have been clipped and and cannot post information here that comes out faster .. there are certian word combo's that cannot be post any more like to complete link .. to where very good information is being post very quickly ... but sites that take hours or days to post can be

i still love you nalin and u are welcome in the desert anytime ..

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
the info is @ the kboxteam.com site also about the cables

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3871
Thanks sump. Nalin is trying to confuse the newbies again.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16603
I simply posted
Version 212 is out.

It is a required non-optional upgrade.

k1pro_212_20091111.zip

It is not yet available at the currentbins site.

I am sure this is not confusing to any newbie, is it?

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 686
DO NOT post your message or question to more than one discussion on this board.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16605
Do not listen to Cumley aka justforhaha's aka LK. She is getting quite senile.

Bronze Member
Username: Ekoneuno

Post Number: 48
Nalin,
Does this mean that I have to manually update my KBOX with v212 using a USB? or would it automatically happen thru the internet?
Pls confirm
Thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 206
I just got home and wondering should i uprade the file from usb or not.
I have K Box Prodigy and there is a file on Currentbins

http://currentbins.com/k-box

Nalin or Sump or Sada please advice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Just upgrade from USB asp lover.

Silver Member

Post Number: 886
yes.. kboxform .com

live chat too

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
Just did it and it worked for 15 minutes and it seems it has stopped workign again

Same message

Connecting -------- Please wait

Silver Member

Post Number: 888
i am up and see no reported problems ??
maybe u get bad file

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
I just said it worked for me for 15 minutes and it has stopped.

I go the file from currentbins, i will reload it in a while again

Bronze Member
Username: Ditzychic

Sebringville, Ont Canada

Post Number: 17
mine is down again too is everyone down?

Silver Member

Post Number: 889
no

Bronze Member
Username: Ditzychic

Sebringville, Ont Canada

Post Number: 18
back up working great

Username: Jkoett

Post Number: 5
Do we need to install the 2.12 file manually, will this upgrade not happen automatically through the internet like usual?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Hi junky funky & Nalin:

I have tried to download many times your provided files and others to solve the H1 error on the KBox Pro, but have not been successful to far. The receiver starts downloading the file each time, but when its done with successful file burning, it comes back to the same old situation.

Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
explain the situation ...more detail the better

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
My kbox pro stopped working yesterday. If I turn on the power button from the back, it says HI and then show four dashed lines that keeps on blinking (seems like rebooting). Nothing shows up on TV. I also tried after removing coax cable and khub from the back.. but no luck.

I have tried the method outlined above by junky funky, using a null modem serial cable with the above provided factory file and the loader.

Every time I am able to load the file and it tells me that 100% complete, but when you restart the kbox it comes back to same problem mentioned above.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16609
Techion: I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago with a friend's kbox. I was helping him get the factory file in and doing exactly the same thing with the same result, and no solution. I had to give up.
The only thing different I did from what junky funky described is the use of a later loader and not the 1.01 loader.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11684
Nalin

You can try it:

Load the factory file and power off on rear panel switch when the loading is not complete, try it to 20%,30%, 40% etc..

It will overwrite the program on the EEprom and force the new program.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Are you waiting long enough to switch off the receiver from the back after your file upload is complete? It reboots on its own once the file loading is complete.. and it should show four 0000's in the front .. so i suggest to wait for few seconds for these four 0000's and then switch off your kbox

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
oh and remove all the connections (coax-cable, hub, video-cable etc) from the back of your kbox while uploading the file.

Username: Mynameisshah

Post Number: 2
stop whining

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks junky funky & Nalin. I am trying all that but to no avail. I only see - - - - after its reprogrammed. And when its powered cycled it shows the same "HI" and disappears.

Silver Member

Post Number: 893
try loading the 1.25(p) file

kboxforum .com for instructions

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I believe 1.25(p) file is for the KHub and I am having problem with the KBox.

Silver Member

Post Number: 894

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
You can try and load different factory files one by one from here http://www.kboxforum. com/forums/kbox-prodigy-files-guides/

Once you are done with all files, try a different loader
here are two loaders

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/attachments/kbox-prodigy-files/21400d1244994740- k1-loaders-k1_loader.rar

http://www.kboxforum. com/forums/kbox-prodigy-files-guides/205-k-box-loader-210-a.html

I think sump meant this file: http://www.kboxforum. com/forums/kbox-prodigy-files-guides/228-factory-file-1-25-a.html

and that comment about belief system was way too funny

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16610
Sorry, I did not make myself clear.
The factory file was loading proeprly after about 40-50 seconds, but the H1 message reappeared.
I tried several times with different factory files, and files in general. The files were loading OK every time, but the problems remained.

I had used Loader 2.0 or 2.1. I have a message out to my friend and if he has not solved the problem, I will try using loader 1.01.

I must emphasize again - the loader I used was loading the files OK all the time, but the H1 message remained. That is why I think his receiver had caught the H1N1 virus!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
The HI message always appears as soon at the kbox is booted, whether the box is faulty or not. The problem is what happens after the HI message... if there are four "- - - -" lines that blink forever.. then we have problem.
otherwise if after HI, it shows "- - - -" and then digits such as 7:00 or the current time in my case.. then the box is okay

I think the error should be renamed blinking-dashes error and not HI-error

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Then what is the solution of this blinking-dashes error? junky funky, did you have the exact same error?
I have tried all those loaders & files....no change :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16611
The box I was given to fix about three weeks ago with a persistent H1 - - - - problem, was sent to factory and I am told they had to change the CPU. The owner says it comes on but he still has not seen TV on it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16612
I got the box in finally, and it is fixed to the extent that it does not freeze at H1 - - - - but goes on to USB drive.
1. Installed 2.12 using USB drive.
2. Switch off.
3. Turn on, and go to Menu/configuration/network
4. wait till it goes to Connection On.
5. Go to Installation and set up your sats and DisEqC
6. Scan.
7. Switch off.
8. Switch on. Wait for connect.
9. Watch TV.

It did not work for me. I then went into menu/system reset.
0 0 0 0
reset and erase everything.
Reinstall and it worked!

Bronze Member

Do you suggest I try to send my KBox to the factory first by contacting the vendor that I bought it from? And then try what you just did?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16613
If you cannot go beyond,
H1
- - - -
you are not communicating to the TV and cannot do anything.
Try the full technique of installing a factory BIN to try and get beyond. I tried all that and failed and insisted that the dealer send it to the manufacturers. My friend was a bit furious as my suggestion, but apparently he did that and got it back working to the extent of connecting to TV.
The rest was easy.

Bronze Member
Username: Chacha_chaudhary

hello guys
I just followed the below. I just did the default setting and then loaded 212 and wallah

Kbox Plus And Prodigy Secret Bios
Turn Off Kbox From Back Switch

Now Press Channel + On Kbox Plus While Turning On Power From Back Switch
Leave Channel + Button Pressed

Now It Will Show Some Weird Display 01a6

You Need To Have Kbox Hooked To Tv To See Screen
You Will See First Option

1-system Test

If You Press Ok On Remote You Can Check Flash Here

2-live Test

3- Video Test

4- Audio Test

5-rf Modulator Test

6-front Panel Test

7-usb Test

8- Default Settings

With This Option If You Have Any Problems It Will Default All Settings To Factory

On The Prodigy Is The Same Steps Only You Press Volume + Instead Of Channel + (it Might Work With Channel Plus Not Sure)

To Exit Bios Just Turn Off From Back Switch And On Again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us