Post Number: 16544
Somi tom: New member:
I havwe started this thread for you.

"Yes, I have lnb for 119 and 118 for both and other for 110

thnks"

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16546
You need to install the latest BIN for kbox. Use your USB drive that came with the machine - the circular cute looking thumb drive, and load it with the latest BIN, make sure you unzip and then install it on your kbox.

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 677
Somi Tom
Post Number: 6

I just buy K Box PRo and 36" dish, please some one help me for indian and english chanals witch satellite i can select,
Thanks
Somi

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16547
I expect you have high speed internet. Connect your khub to the router, and set up the router/khub connection properly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16548
Keep in touch with this thread, and post your inquiries and problems here. I know you have a 36" dish and you LNBs are OK for getting 118/119 and 110. Are you aware that you have to have a diseqC switch and connect it properly in hardware and software.
Please post what you have done in this regard.

Username: Somi

Post Number: 9
Hi Every One
I know you guys make me fool but its ok, i want to just know witch satellite should i select for 118/119 and 110,
Galaxi 19, (97 W) for 118/119
or
118.7W Anik F3 for (118/119)
or
119 W Echo 7 for 118/119

???????????????????

and Echo star 10, 11 for (110) ???

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11607
Somi

Choose this one: 118.7W Anik F3 for (118/119)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16552
So far nobody has tried to make a fool of you. It is a rule of most forums that you do not break into an active thread with an unrelated topic. You did that so I shifted you to your own thread to help you.
From what you have told us, you seem ot have all the equipment necessary.
Anik F3 (118.8W) and Echo 7 (119W) are in the same orbital location and if you are able to scan 119W, you will be able to scan 118.8w.
110W is Echo 10,11
You have not told us about a DiseqC switch which should be there and you should preferably know how it is connected. It would be connected at two inputs, e.g. Port one for 118/119 input and Port 2 for 110W, but it could be different. Whatever the physical connection, you have to set it up the same way in kbox software.
I do not know why you are talking about 97W (Galaxy 19). there is no connection.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6238
somi tom nalin and plymouth are best on this forum to help you,..
its just when u start a new thread for the problem you have,
one thing it does it doesn't interfere with other thread and get's ur problem more attention,
i hope u understand

Post Number: 10
No Luck find 118 W Anik F3 (118/119)

Helo every one
Now i feel realy strong, I know when new member joining the team they face a some fun, some funny things, so ireally don't mind,
Any how thanks for help me, butt i need more help for catch the singnal,for 118 W Anik F3, is almost 2 day i try to find that,
ia there LNB bad or what, i have FOCUS LNB 10750 Linear, so please help me out,

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Junkyfunky1234

Post Number: 27
you can use http://www.dishpointer.com/ for pointing your dish towards 118/119.. direction for 118 and 119 is almost same.
If your LNBs are on same bracket side-by-side, then if 118/119-LNB catches the correct satellite, the other LNB will catch 110 itself.

when you check signal strength in kbox, remeber to set the diseqc ports, otherwise you will not see any signal strength.
ports for both 118 and 119 will be same.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11615
Somi

Buy a new LNB because your LNB is very bizarre and seem to be a Linear which not work with 118.8-119.

A CB2008A is best for 118.8-119 and cost 20-25$

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16560
LINEAR LNB DOES NOT WORK FOR ANIK F3

Buy a CB2800A or a digiwave DGL 1189

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
How they sharp sales person of Transat Elctronic Brampton location, i explain verey clearly what i need, but they force to buy Liner LNB , (this is best lnb) thats they said,
any how i am wating for new LNB CB2800A then i try again, i do set K Box like that,
Sat...............118.8W Anik F3
Lnb...............Universal
Lnb Power....On
22hz.............of
Diseqc 01......1 (K Box Diseqc switch)
is any rong of this setup or not.. ?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11619
Somi

Dish use Circular LNB, 118.8W use a Circular LNB which are able to get Linear frequency(10750) like Linear but Circular.

The transat guy is blind!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks Plymouth

yea, the transat gyu realy smart, they give me card for someone , if you need any help call this person, and when i call him they try to charge $175 for just Guide me,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16561
Try these two

Lnb type...............Universal
LNB freq. 9750-10750
Lnb Power....On
22hz.............off

**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--
Lnb type...............Standard
LNB freq. 10750
Lnb Power....On
22hz.............off

The DisEqC setting depends upon where it is connected in the switch. You have not told us if you have the switch and its connection.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11626
Somi

The guy try to charge $175 for give bad info!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Nalin

I have 2 DisEqC Switch, Digiwav 2.0 and KBox,
before i use Digiwav Switch for 119/110/61.5,
but now i have no idea witch DisEqc Switch working fine,,?
before when i need to find a satellite singnal, i used direct conection lnb to 3000 dishnetwork recever and the find a signal just 2 second, after that i setup the diseqc switch 1 for 119, 2 for 110 and 3rd for 61.5 then i do just blind scan and thats it,

but now i try to direct lnb to kbox first but i never find a signal becouse LNB is wroong, you said Digiwave 1189 LNB work good for 118/119 and you know what just i find LNB DGL-1189S at the besment in my old stuff, so i try tomar after work 6pm and let see whats going on,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16576
Somi Tom: I am not sure if you are reading me properly.
For 118.7/119, there are only 2-3 different LNBs available. Yes, Digiwave DGL-1189S is one of them. I am surprised that you found it "at the besment in my old stuff". Not too many of these have been discarded into the basement! However, you know what you are looking at, so I will accept what you are saying.

These are the recommended settings for the DGL 1189 group of LNBs.

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
Using a 30-inch or larger dish, aim with the following settings:

For DGL-1189S you should setup as below:
Satellite Name: 118°W (Anik F3) or 119°W (Echo7)
'¢ LNB Power: ON
'¢ LNB Type: Universal
'¢ LNB Frequency: 9750Mhz/10750 MHz
Finally, do an AUTO SCAN or a BLIND SCAN

For 1189D and 1189Q you should setup as:
Satellite Name: 118°W (Anik F3) or 119°W (Echo7)
'¢ LNB Power: ON
'¢ LNB Type: Universal
'¢ LNB Frequency: 9750Mhz/10600 MHz
Finally, do an AUTO SCAN or a BLIND SCAN

I have emphasized the slight difference in models S, D and Q.
Regarding DisEqC switch read my next post.

Silver Member
Username: Brampton_on

Post Number: 106
nalin any word on whats going on with kbox
is shut down since yesterday?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16577
Once you have installed the DGL 1189S, You should do the same thing as you did before
"i setup the diseqc switch 1 for 119, 2 for 110 and 3rd for 61.5 then i do just blind scan and thats it, "

Except you will use LNB freq 10750 or 10600 (see my post above) and do a Blind scan.
The setting of Universal2 with 9750-10750 works and so does setting of Standard with 10750.

To keep the separation of 118.7 and 119, you can use the actual TPs in the TP list. The actual TPs 1 to TP 30 for Anik F3 are listed at Lymgsat. Keep them in the Anik F3 list and do a scan all with DiscEqC set to 1 and LNB Frequency to 10750.
Then change to Echo 7 list make sure you have the current TP list - TP 1 to tp 21 in Lyngsat for Echo 7.
Use TP frequency 11250 and scan all TPs.

For god's sake, put the focus Linear LNB away in the basement. You DO NOT need it unless you are scanning 97w or something that specifically requires a Linear LNB.

I think your main confusion occurred because the Digiwave 1189S is listed as Linear/circular. for all practical purposes it is a circular KU band LNB able to scan TP Frequencies as low as 11715(V) or even lower when set to Universal (9750-10750) - particularly the D and Q models which are more robust for lower TP frequencies.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Nalin

Thank you so much for details, just one more thing, Digiwave 1189S is twin LNB, so left port go to the DiscEqC # 1 for 118. Anik F3, and the right port go to the DiscEqC # 2 for the 119, or 118/119 both go to DiscEqc # 1, and 110 go to the DiscQc # 2,

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11692
Somi

1189S LNB is 2 outputs for 2 receivers.

The good way is: 118/119 both go to DiscEqc # 1, and 110 go to the DiscQc # 2.

Silver Member
Username: El_toro_the_great

NC USA

Post Number: 223
Somi Tom just one more thing,
The good way is:
when connecting your LNBs to SAT 1 and to SAT 2
to your DiSEqC switch
Upload
make sure your receiver is OFF

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16614
Don't buy that antique.
Everybody buys a 4 to 1
DisEqC switch these days - costs 2- 8 dollars.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Finaly today i catch the 119/118 echostar 7, via LNB 1189S, set the DisEqc Switch, blind scan chanals, load the new 212 bin, but no luck to see any chanal other then 100, is any wroong...? i am not set KHUB yet, is that reason...? Nalin please reply

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16622
Somi Tom:

1. Power off.
2. Disconnect khub. Wait 10 minutes. connect with power off.
3. Make sure the cable is properly in the khub.
4. Turn the receiver on.
5. Wait for it to get the connection.
6. If no connection, do menu/configuration/System restore
7. do factory default and earse all channels.
8. using your USB drive reload version 212.
9. do menu/installation, and set the sat.DiseqC combination. make sure the signal and quality are green over 80%.
10 do a all or Blind scan.
11. If everything is OK you will see some TV.

If not, install 213. There is set procedure for it. follow it explicitly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Nalin

is there any pawer adapter for K HUB V3..? and What kind of cable i can use to conect K Hub to the K Box Pro..? where i can buy this stuf...?

can i use K box for Bell Dish 91/87...?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16740
Qusetion: "is there any pawer adapter for K HUB V3..?

It is not needed. V2 also does not need it. The original khub requires power adaptor.
Having said that, there may be the odd occasion when the kbox refuses to talk with Khub. Then you are forced to do khub activation, using your computer, the null modem cable and the power adpator. I do not know the specs of this -- I will find out and let you know.

Question: "and What kind of cable i can use to conect K Hub to the K Box Pro..?
Answer: Khub plugs directly into the back of kbox prodigy, and the ethernet cable from your router goes into the back of the khub.

Question: "where i can buy this stuf...?
Your kbox dealer should be able to sell you the khub version 2 or 3 and the ethernet cable of the length you need. Dealers have combo deals as well saving you a few dollars. If you do not want to use a cable, you can use a wireless bridge, or two powerline adaptors.
The following URL gives you the relative prices and combo prices in one store in Canada - just for your information. Buy where ever you want to.

http://transatelectronics.com/store/receivers-kbox_CA150_121

Question: "can i use K box for Bell Dish 91/87...
Answer: Bell dish 91 channels are available, if you have a Dish/LNB pointing to 91W. There is no 87, but 82 is Bell but mostly HD which is NOT available on kbox.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
One more thing
Bell dish use the dish network DisEqC switch, so if i conect to the k box, should i have to change DisEqC switch also..?
and witch satellite for 91/82 should i scan...?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16752
You use the same DisEqC switch for Bel or Dish.

You scan 91W (Nimiq1) for Bell channels for kbox

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
How about satellite 82...?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16753
There is NO HD on Kbox Prodigy. Most of the channels on 82W are HD. There are a few International (Indian) channels relevant to your needs, but if you have 118.7W you are OK.
You can look at the channel list on 82W (Nimiq 4) here.
http://www.lyngsat*com/packages/bell2.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Nalin
These Chanels realy hard to show up , i do Auto scan, Blind scan, manual scan then i do factory set and scan again but nothing, how can i find these chanels Nalin...? please advise, Thanks
748, 787, 788, 789, 794, 904

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16885
The channels you mentioned should be visible on Kbox.
Look for the channels I have marked in bold below and see if they are working.
In general, you should look at the Lyngsat list for other channels on the same TP as the ones you find missing. If the others are there, it is difficult to explain why you not getting all on that TP. If the others on that TP are not being scanned, it is an alignment problem or with the Anik F3 it is the dish size problem. I have looked at the previous posts by you, and I am mainly concerned that if you "found" a DGL 1189 in the basement recheck - that might not be it. The other thing is whether you have BIN 214 installed - that is the current BIN. You can get the BIN at
http://www.currentbins.com
_._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._. _._.
12002 H TP 20 SR 20000 FEC ¾

Zee TV USA 787
Headlines Today International 813

12033 H TP 22 SR 20000 FEC ¾

TV Asia 788
SET USA 789
B4U Movies USA 791
Aaj Tak International 794
Sahara One 797
Sahara Samay National 798

12063 H tp 24 SR 20000 FEC ¾

TV One Global 904
SAB 575

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Yea, thes TP i scan more then 10 time, and they naver find that channels, its maybe LNB problm...? dish siz is 36",

you know when i set up for 118 anik F3, Universal, never find a singnal,

when i select the 119 , universal, they find verey quickly,

on the Disq Switch i selct #1 for 118, universal, they dont catch the signal, when i select to the Single LNB and then they find it, 119 as the universal LNB, After that i scan aal channals but these selected channals wont show up, so idont know, may be i replace the LNB....?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us