How do I configure 2 TVs on dish 522 receiver?

Username: Edpdx

OR USA

Post Number: 1
I had two of the 522 in my house. One receiver upstair- one downstairs. I upgraded to a Dish HD receiver that only supports one TV in the family room. The master bedroom upstairs in now without a receiver. Now I want to eliminate one of the sets from the other 522 and run the master bedroom UHF from the 522 that ran 2 downstairs sets. What is the correct way to set the 522 up?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16435
The Dish Network 522 does require some special wiring considerations. There are four methods used to provide signal to this receiver and carry signal to the 2nd television.

Option 1

Use three coax cables from the outside to the satellite receiver location. Use two coax cables to provide satellite signal to the dual tuners and another coax to carry the signal back out to the 2nd television.

Option 2

Use two coax cables from the outside to the satellite receiver location. Use two coax cables to provide satellite signal to the dual tuners and use diplexers to piggy back the 2nd television signal on to one of the two coax cables.

Option 3

Use DISH Pro Plus upgrade equipment to reduce the two cable requirement for the dual tuners to one coax cable. A second coax should be used to carry the signal back out to the 2nd television.

Option 4

Use DISH Pro Plus upgrade equipment to reduce the two cable requirement for the dual tuners to one coax cable. Use diplexers to piggy back the 2nd television signal on to the one coax cable.

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 646
Plymouth ,

This troublemaker has copied it from this site:

www.dbsinstall.com/Dish_network/Receivers/Dish_Network_522_Receiver.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 25

Silver Member
Username: El_toro_the_great

NC USA

Post Number: 190

Option 1
Use three coax cables from the outside to the satellite receiver location. Use two coax cables to provide satellite signal to the dual tuners and another coax to carry the signal back out to the 2nd television.
Option 2
Use two coax cables from the outside to the satellite receiver location. Use two coax cables to provide satellite signal to the dual tuners and use diplexers to piggy back the 2nd television signal on to one of the two coax cables.
Option 3
Use DISH Pro Plus upgrade equipment to reduce the two cable requirement for the dual tuners to one coax cable. A second coax should be used to carry the signal back out to the 2nd television.
Option 4
Use DISH Pro Plus upgrade equipment to reduce the two cable requirement for the dual tuners to one coax cable. Use diplexers to piggy back the 2nd television signal on to the one coax cable

Good work Chumley old boy

Took the old B!tch out and shoot her.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us