Can I use existing dish setup to point 118 and 119?

Username: Canadastar

Post Number: 3
Hi,
I have two dish, one is small for Nimiq 91 (BELL) and another one is 30" or so for 110, 119 an 121. These dish used to work with my old receiver (SV 360 primier). Now I installed a K-Box and trying to point my dish to 118.8 and 119. My existing 30" dish is generic one with two LNB tied up next to each other and BELL dish separate. I don't know what kind of LNB are these. When I try to scan 110, 119, 121 and even 129, I get good quality signal with strong signal strength. But I get no channels. Currently I am getting Bell Channels, but no DN. Can someone please tell me what do I need to do to get DN? Do I need a special LNB? Will appreciate your help.
Thanks.
CanadaStar

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11447
Danda Wala

You must have a CB2008A LNB specialy made for get 118-119 on same LNB.
Do aGoogle search and you wil found it.

Post Number: 4
Thanks. I 'll google it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16405
You need the specail LNB described by Plymouth., There is an alternative one also known as Digiwave 1189.
Look at this URL of Transat elctronics. They are in Toronto.

http://transatelectronics.com/store/118-circular-10750-dual-lnb_P272

Post Number: 5
Hi,

I bought Digiwave DGL-1189L (KU Universal LNBF Circular/Linear Polarization). Is this the right one? I installled it, but no luck. Can't see 118 or 119. Do I need to move my dish or LNB? Now I can only catch Nimiq 91 with my BELL dish. Can you please describe the setup.
Thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16406
You have to align to 119. Then
in ANIK F3 slate or in 119 slate, use
LNB Freq - 10750 or 9750-10750
LNB type Standard or Universal 2
Do a Blind scan.
If you want to do a scan all, you make sure that all the TP freq are entered (see Lyngsat for TP freq).
You can point ot Bell an catch 91W easily with a 20" Dish.
Cable out of Bell Dish into input port 3 of DisEqC switch.
Cable from 118/119 LNB goes to Port 1 input.
If you have also installed 110 LNB (Transat has a bracket and LNB to mount side by side with 118/119) , then use the output of 110 LNB to Port 2 Input of the DisEqC switch.
The about connections are to keep sopme semblance of continuity with the setups in the past.
The DGL 1189 has two outputs for two receivers or two DisEqC switches. Most LNBs you come accross have outputs for two receivers, so you can duplicate the setup on another DisEqC switch for a second receiver now or later, but before the winter sets in get the second cable into the house if you have two DisEqC switches.
Do some experimental scanning instead of rushing out to ask. A patient hour of scanning ans setting up new Sats etc will be rewarding in the long run.

Post Number: 6
Thanks for your help Nalin.
My K-Box does not allow to edit TP frequencies and I got DGL 1189L with single output for one receiver. I'll follow your direction to connect cables tomorrow and see if it works. According to your description, I assume existing 110 LNB is on the bracket next to 119 LNB. I am plannig to replace existing 119 LNB with the DGL 1189. Hope this will work.
Thanks.

Post Number: 7
In order for me to align with 119, do I need to move around the dish?

Silver Member
Username: El_toro_the_great

NC USA

Post Number: 173
Danda Wala.....Hi,
I have two dish, one is small for Nimiq 91 (BELL)
and another one is 30" or so for 110, 119 an 121.

You may need to replace your Dish to a 33"
First try using your existing 30" or so Dish.

for now forget about
DISH Network on EchoStar 9 at 121.0°W
there is nothing there.

Canadastar....I assume existing 110 LNB is on the bracket next to 119 LNB. I am plannig to replace existing 119 LNB with the DGL 1189. Hope this will work

Do not move your Dish, just remove LNB 119 and
install your DGL 1189.......Looking good.....Good Luck

Upload

Silver Member
Username: El_tora_the_great

Post Number: 176
Your so smart bro. I see why people say your an asset to this forum.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16407
I think kbox allows a Blind scan, so you won't need to enter TPs manually. There is a difference between entering TPs for scanning in the TP list and editing the details of one TP. Both are usually allowed but the first one is obvious and the latter is a bit tricky to find in most receivers.
Adding a new sat in your sat list is also usually allowed in most receivers. The details in the new Sat are what you put in. When you scan you will get what you are pointing to, which may or may not be the same as details you put into the new Sat definition.

When you point to 119W (Echo 7), you are pointing to 118.7W (Anik F3) as well.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16408
30" Dish and 33" Dish.
If you are buying a new Dish for 118.7W, you should buy a 33" Dish.
If you have an existing 30" Dish, you should try it. You may find a few channels missing or, you may find fade outs in channels. If these bother you, then obviously you need 33"

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11458
Danda

A 30" dish can do, it depend of your position or where you live.

Post Number: 8
I live in Makrkham, Ontario. Hopefully it works out. Basically, all you guys are saying yo try new LNB with existing dish and not to move the dish. If it doesn't work, I might need a 33" dish.

Post Number: 9
Hi Whiskey,

My existing dish setup is exactly same as yours. One small dish for BELL Nimiq 91. Other one is 30" for 110, 119 an 121.

Cheers.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11460
Danda

From your position you can get 118.8 with your dish, for sure bigger is always better when it is cloudy.
You may have to realigned the dish with the new LNB, you point 118.8 first.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16412
Danda Wala: Whiskey is a Grade 10 kid, who does not know how to post. He was only repeating what you posted and then trying to give you his advice. You should not listen to him. What you stated earlier, "I live in Makrkham, Ontario. Hopefully it works out. Basically, all you guys are saying yo try new LNB with existing dish and not to move the dish. If it doesn't work, I might need a 33" dish." is correct. Plymouth gives good advice and is experienced.

Post Number: 10
By the way, why I am not getting 110? It was working with old receiver. Do I need new LNB for that too?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11462
Danda

Do you have a picture of your dish or bracket?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I don't have one handy, but I can take one. It is almost same as picture put out by Whiskey on htis thead.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16420
You do need a new LNB for 110W. The old installations were 110/119 on one LNB and 121 on another.
The new installations are 118/119 on one LNB, 110W on a second LNB and an optional 129W on a third LNB

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Assuming I need to replace existing 110/119, How do I know which exitsting LNB is for 110/119?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16423
The LNB with two seeing eyes is probably 110/119 LNB.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16424
You can use the existing 110/119 for just 110. Or us can use current 110/119 and add to it the 118/119 and use it only for 118.
You don't need the 121. That LNB is definitely redundant.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks for the advice. Only part I am confuse about is, LNB for 110/119. Hopefulley I don't pull the wrong one out. Then no harm trying either one to see if I can catch 119 or 118.7 with new one.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16425
Look at the picture above. Where it says 110 is where you will currently have a 110/119. Replace that with a 118/119. To the right where in the picture it say 118/119, is where you currently have the 121. Remove it.
The final installation picture will look like what is posted above, except it could be 110/119 and 118/119 side by side, if you do not want to buy a new LNB just for 110

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11466
Danda

Your DGL 1189 is made to get 119 and 118,8 on same LNB, put it in the center of your bracket and realign your dish with this LNB on 118.8 then add your 110 LNB and and align this one, this is the way to obtain the best signal on Both LNB.

Like other says 121 is useless!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
OK Folks. Just to give you an update.
Before I was about to replace my old LNB, I tried to play around with SW port on dish settings with old LNB on. It turns out that, I can actually get 118.8 and 119 with my existing LNB. And It happend to be the one on center, not the one on left as it shown on the picture. Therefore I left it alone and didn't replace it. But I did pulled out my 110 LNB prior to that. Now I am getting 91 on small dish and 118.8 and 119 on big dish. I am planing to put back my original 110 LNB. I hope it will work. Thanks for all your help.
Cheers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Does anyone know channel listing for 110 and 129?

Silver Member
Username: El_toro_the_great

NC USA

Post Number: 177
http://dishuser.org/110list.php

http://dishuser.org/129list.php
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us