Can i use just one dish for whole house?

Username: Albertwhite

Post Number: 3
I want some information on satellite TV services. I know about some basic services rules but I just want to clear my points. I hope I found some more unique information.
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2403
DishNetwork

DishPro

Video Path

Multi-Switch

Model DP34

Switch has 3 trunk outputs for cascading to an additional DP34 switch for more outputs
Can be used indoors or outdoors
Does not require power insertion / power supply
Four outputs for connection to up to four DISH Network satellite receivers
Three satellite inputs for use with up to three orbital locations
The first switch in the new DishPro Technology series of LNBFs and switches

Can only be used with DishPro LNBFs (DishPro Twin LNBF for two orbital locations (110 and 119), DishPro Twin LNBF with a DishPro Single LNBF for three orbital locations or up to three DishPro Single LNBFs).

When used with a DishPro Twin, the LNBF operates in its default state: one port provides 110 and one port provides 119. Either port of the DishPro Twin can be connected to any two LNBF ports of the DP34 Switch. Tuner Outputs: Dish301 and DishPVR 501 have one tuner, and would use one DP34 tuner output; DishPVR 721 has two tuners, and would use two DP34 tuner outputs.

Up to three DP34 Switches can be "trunked" together, for connection to up to twelve tuner inputs (12 single-tuner receivers (Dish301 or DishPVR 501), or a combination of single-tuner receivers and two-tuner receivers (DishPVR 721)). There must be at least one DishPro receiver (Dish301, DishPVR 501, DishPVR 721) connected to the switch at all times to provide power.

The receiver can be connected to any receiver port on the DP34 Switch. Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16382
albertwhite:
1. Yes, you can use one dish for the whole house.
2. You can ignore most of of the above C/P. If you are going to use any FTA receivers, you will notice in the above setup, that you are required to have one DN supplied receiver on all the time and that is unrealistic.
3. If you already have a Dish receiver and you want to go that route, fine. Otherwise, you should use a DP44 or similar 4 x 4 switch which has a better power supply situation. This switch will give you four inputs for four different sats , and 4 outputs to a total of four different locations within the house.
4. You want to use one dish only.
You should get a 33" or 36" dish. You can mount a combo 118/119 LNB, a 110 LNB and a 129 LNB on it. There are wide dishes available for 4 LNBs, but you will not get 118W accepted properly on those. A wide LNB will get you
82W, 91W, 110W and 119W or
91W, 110W, 119W and 129W (with a bit of luck).
5. If you want to stay Dish Network only, you can get a 1000+ setup with 118/119,110 and 129. Note that this is the Plus setup.

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 2406
oh ok nalin i see u steering him away from my post. hey mr.white yes u can use a dp34 switch or a dp44 all depends on how many receivers u are going to use.sorry people here have such bad manners when others try to help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16385
RTAP: It is NOT bad manners. The issue of DP34 with FTA has been threshed about in this forum a dozen times, and you are still talking about DN only in your post, when you should have addressed FTA receivers as well.
Even in your post you stated that he will have to keep a DN supplied receiver ON all the time. That is very unrealistic, plus I think you posted a whole C/P without reading what you are posting.

Even your last post where you say "dp34 switch or a dp44 all depends on how many receivers u are going to use" - you are wrong. The number of receivers attachable to DP34 or DP44 is the same - 4-FOUR. The difference is in the number of LNBs attachable. So think and read before you post a statement.

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 2408
funny thingis u think u r a master when it come to switches lmao.remember when u were preaching about the power supply and every1 was telling u other wise lol preach to some1 else oh and for ur information my post does not state u need power on to supply dn receiver lmao

DishNetwork

DishPro

Video Path

Multi-Switch

Model DP34

Switch has 3 trunk outputs for cascading to an additional DP34 switch for more outputs
Can be used indoors or outdoors
Does not require power insertion / power supply <-----read nalin
Four outputs for connection to up to four DISH Network satellite receivers
Three satellite inputs for use with up to three orbital locations
The first switch in the new DishPro Technology series of LNBFs and switches

Can only be used with DishPro LNBFs (DishPro Twin LNBF for two orbital locations (110 and 119), DishPro Twin LNBF with a DishPro Single LNBF for three orbital locations or up to three DishPro Single LNBFs).

When used with a DishPro Twin, the LNBF operates in its default state: one port provides 110 and one port provides 119. Either port of the DishPro Twin can be connected to any two LNBF ports of the DP34 Switch. Tuner Outputs: Dish301 and DishPVR 501 have one tuner, and would use one DP34 tuner output; DishPVR 721 has two tuners, and would use two DP34 tuner outputs.

Up to three DP34 Switches can be "trunked" together, for connection to up to twelve tuner inputs (12 single-tuner receivers (Dish301 or DishPVR 501), or a combination of single-tuner receivers and two-tuner receivers (DishPVR 721)). There must be at least one DishPro receiver (Dish301, DishPVR 501, DishPVR 721) connected to the switch at all times to provide power.

The receiver can be connected to any receiver port on the DP34 Switch.

next time read before replying

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 2410
ohh and nalin normally a house may have 4 rooms if it has more he would not be here trying to get free tv lmfao

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16387
RTAP: You still have not grasped some simple facts.
1. This is an essentially FTA orientated forum.
2. If I remember correctly, you were a Mod at one of them before they closed down.
3. If this guy wanted to install al Dish receivers, he could simply call and they would do the whole job, probably free.
4. You yourself agree that with a DP34 he will need to keep one Dish receiver on all them time.
5. In almost all forums there have been experts saying that DP34 will give problems with FTA receivers and you haven't even talked about any FTA receivers.

So the solution for him is a DP44, this has the same number of outlets for receivers as a DP34. NO DIFFERENT FROM DP34 IN NUMBER OF OUTLETS
And he will have the security of knowing that the DP44 is properly powered without having to keep a DN receiver on all the time.

At one point I thought you were going to be a promising helper. But look at your posts in the past. If a client asks the default pin/password for a receiver you post a whole list of 80 receivers! You should get out of the LK mould and start being realistic. FTA and satellite information expected at Ecoustics level is not rocket science. Be precise and to the point and you may yet be a good helper.

Q.E.D.

Bronze Member
Username: Boss_hog

Post Number: 79
What a sick B!tch

Silver Member
Username: Applebees

Post Number: 403
yes, only an old ill-tempered crazy woman like herself
would dare reprimand good ol' Mr. RTAP.....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16392
I would not call LK a sick B!tch - just a bombastic goo-for-nothing multi-nick FTA has been. She would reprimand RTAP, and probably already has.
Sorry, Applebee's - but you are not as much in touch with justforhaha's aka LK and don't know half what she is up to.

Silver Member
Username: Last_supper

Rush is a HO-MO

Post Number: 180
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16393
At long last Jesus has replied and it seems he believes in his own fib of how a woman came out of a man's rib!!!

Silver Member
Username: Last__supper

So Is Plymouth

Post Number: 166
You came out of your dads azz you piece of trash. I hope you get the swine flu so I can spit on you.

Silver Member
Username: Last__supper

So Is Plymouth

Post Number: 167
Ditto

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16394
Super Moderator: There is no need to be harsh with Jesus H Christ.
He was there at the same Last__supper your went to.
Now that you have had your Last__supper, you are supposed to be dead, and hence you should wait for the big resurrection.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11442
Nalin

He play with is name thinking that he can not be ban, but a simple c/p of his name give the good link even if he change his name...

Silver Member
Username: El_tora_the_great

Post Number: 170
Plymouth don't f@ck with me I have 17 nics here. You and b1tchface both know It.

Upload

Username: Albertwhite

Post Number: 4
Thanks for all of your help.I heard that direct tv will also provide this type of facilities?so i want to know that what is difference between dish tv and direct tv?Do they use different technologies for signal?

Bronze Member
Username: Watch_dog

Post Number: 59
albertwhite
Do they use different technologies for signal?

NO only System encryption
DirecTV uses Videoguard
Dish Network Nagravision 3

Bronze Member
Username: Watch_dog

Post Number: 60
Nydass
A real focking moron only eCoustics can afford one.

Silver Member
Username: Rtf

Post Number: 128
Where is Oleg??

Silver Member
Username: Rtf

Post Number: 129
albertwhite

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts