Samsung DLP HLP5663WX/XAA Problem

Username: Esamgo

Toledo, Ohio Unitied States

Post Number: 1
This DLP TV has a beautiful picture when it works properly. At first the picture would get distorted and ghosting would appear, the color was wrong etc. I never heard any buzzing but all indications was the color wheel was failing. I purchased a new color wheel from Samsung's Parts Store. I replaced the color wheel , vacuumed some dust out from the back of the set. When I turned the unit on, the picture had a blue tint. I remembered reading about the possibility of this occuring and pulled the jumper . After powering the unit, the picture was beautiful like new....for about 7 minutes when the lights on the front panel indicated a lamp failure. I happened to have had a new ballast on hand so I replaced the ballast. This didnt solve the problem of the unit . I purchased a new Phillips lamp from Discount Merchant, installed thge new lamp and re-set the lamp hours from the service menu. Now I have intermittant picture issues. At times the picture will have hot spots. At times the unit will not power up after the automatic 3 attempts. I'll have to unplug the unit for a few hours. Other times I can watch the set for several hours (12 hours or more) without incident. Also, the remote control always displays a red light when in TV mode and a green light in any other mode. The remote will not always operate the TV. Your thoughts?

Username: Esamgo

Toledo, Ohio Unitied States

Post Number: 2
Any ideas on this? This TV still exhibits the same symptoms as previously described. It now (when it does turn on) after a few minutes, the picture just turns black or sometimes it has a reverse negative appearance and freezes the picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us