Multi-receivers and sats 110, 118.75 & 119.

Username: Junkyfunky1234

Post Number: 3
Hey Guys,
Few more questions. I have a sub to DN basic service. My current setup is that they have installed a dish-500 with dual LNBs (for 110 and 119). Here is what I want to do. Can you please tell me if its possible? And if not, any suggestion?

I want to keep my current setup and want to add an FTA receiver (kbox, nfusin, etc.. I don't have one yet)) to my current setup.
After reading posts in this forum, I have gathered that the single cable that is coming from the LNB on my dish can be split using a 3x4 DP34 switch. So after splitting the cable, I will connect one to the Dish-Receiver, and the other to the FTA receiver.
Is it possible to connect to satellites 110 and 118.75 on the FTA receiver, and to satellites 110 and 119 on the DN-receiver.
TIA,
-J

PS: my dish is on my roof, and a solution that doesn't require me to jump roof-tops will be appreciated :-)

Post Number: 4
Ok guys, after reading some more, I think to get 118.7, I have to buy two new LNB's
1) Circular Dual Band LNBF for 118.7° & 119°
2) Single LNBF for 110°
Even after using these two new LNB's with dish-500, I may not get all the channels on 118.7 .. but I will get some on 118.7 and (110&119) should be okay? is that right?
After buying these two LNB's can I just replace my current LNB with these two new ones (without having to adjust the dish.. since dish is already aligned for 110 and 119)?
How many cables am I going to need? One for circular LNB and one for 110? Can I then connect these two cables using a switch so that only one cable is coming inside of the house?
What switch should I use... dp-34?
TIA,
-J

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16342
You need a 30-33" Dish. One special LNB for 118/119. You can use the old LNB just for 110. You are better off with a separate two output LNB for 110 and then process the signals through two DisEqC switches, because your new 118.119 already comes with two identical outputs.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16343
You can also use your Dish 500 turned to point to 82/91 and get BEV channels if you not too far south. You may have to reserve Inputs 1 and 2 for the 82/91 to the DisEqC attached to Kbox or Nfusion and use inputs 3 and 4 for 118/119 (on 3) and 110 (on 4).
Read my earlier post and this one together and set up your sketches of wiring and you will get what I am trying to say - 118/119 and 110 on both via one large dish and82/91 on Kbox only.

Post Number: 5
Thanks Nalin, I think I may be able to catch 118 with dish-500. I am on the border or west-virginia and virginia where the beam strength of anik f3 is strongest. If this fails, then I will buy a new 30-33'' dish.

Should I buy a new bracket to attach the new circular LNB alongside my current twin LNB? Or can I take out the 119 portion from my current LNB and put the circular LNB in its place?

If I use two DisEqC switches (for the case when I use dual lnb for 110 & circular dual for 118/119), there will be two cables coming inside.

If I want only one cable to come inside my house, do you think I can just use one DisEqC switch outside, and then split the cable inside my house to go to two different receivers? I am not sure how to split the cable inside my house :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16345
MECHANICAL CONSIDERATIONS: I have only this for Superdish.
CB2008A cannot directly replace the 119 LNB on the Superdish. Superdish lnb for 119 has a special bracket. If you are good mechanically ,you could probably figure a way to mount it on the Superdish; - it is not impossible. Iit requires a rectangular mount similar to those of DTV. The mount for Dish LNB have one side that is semicircular.

Switching You will have to get two cables for two receivers. One cable cannot be split inside the house for two receivers.

The following gives mounting on a generic Dish - IT WORKS. I think Transat sell Digiwave DGL1189.

http://transatelectronics.com/store/33inch-dish-for-110-1187-and-119w_P321

With your 500 Dish you will have to figure out the brackets. I would still discourage you and suggest NOT to waste time with 500 Dish. 30-33" dish is the way to go. 500+ or 1000+ is what Dish recommends.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3164
when you say you have a dual lnb
is it just one lnb with two lnb's built in
or two separate lnb's ?

Post Number: 6
@Africanbrit sorry, I said it wrong, I have only one lnb for 110&119 with only one output (i.e. single & not dual) both lnb's are built inside one unit

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3165
ok
that lnb has a built in switch
here is the solution
get a single 110 lnb and a special
circular 118/119 lnb
now replace these two with the one you have
you will need 3 cables, you already have one so run 2 more.to a dp34 switch
and run one cable from port 2 of switch to receiver
and leave your sub on port 1 of switch and leave
the sub receiver powered on at all times
lnbs should cost you about $ 40 for both or cheaper,and dp 34 switch about $ 40
you can buy these from e bay
also dish 500 will pick up 118 from where you are

Post Number: 7
Nalin, Thanks a lot... that was very helpful.

From the link you gave, If I buy the 33inch dish with only one circular LNB for 118/119 Can I connect that with my current LNB (for 110&119) using DisEqC switch (4-in 1-out from the link that you gave)? This will let me bring only one cable inside my house.

For the two receiver problem, since I will be using only one receiver at any given time, I will just split the cable using a normal cable splitter. When fta-receiver goes down, I will just turn it off and turn on the dish-receiver.. will this work?

Also, I think I will buy a tripod and will put this new dish in my balcony instead of on the roof.

Post Number: 8
@Africanbrit do you think I can mount these two separate LNBs (110 & 118/119) on my current dish-500? I am not sure of brackets and all.. what kind of brackets will I need to mount these on dish-500?
If I can mount these, then your solution looks very good.

Bronze Member
Username: Justforhohas

Post Number: 35
junky funky.......Thanks Nalin, I think I may be able to catch 118 with dish-500. I am on the border or west-virginia and virginia

Hey... funky
Transat Electronics that Nalin has posted
are located in Canada the Dish will cost
you $67.50 in America dollars, but the shipping
will run over $100.00

http://transatelectronics.com/store/33inch-dish-for-110-1187-and-119w_P321

If you are going to buy a Dish try these
people located in this good old USA
The Dish is a 36" on sale for $65.00 and $18.57
ship to your location.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/Free-to-air-satellite-dish.htm

Silver Member
Username: Last_supper

Rush is a HO-MO

Post Number: 172
Thank You for correcting Nalin JHH. Please post more often there are only a few good helpers here anymore.

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3167
with your existing dish you will not need and brackets
you will remove the lnb from the yolk ( which is the bracket) that is already there and put the new lnb's there

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3168
with your existing dish you will not need any brackets
you will remove the lnb from the yolk ( which is the bracket) that is already there and put the new lnb's there

Post Number: 9
@Africanbrit I was looking on ebay for these two LNBs, but everyone says that they will work with FTA receivers. Do you know if they will work with my DN-receiver also?

Also, do you know if I can combine these two LNBs using a sw-21 switch or a DisEqC switch?

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3170
yes they will work with your dn receiver
you will use a dn dp 34 switch
so you can hook up both fta and dn receivers
make sure dn receiver is hooked up to port 1 and left powered on at all times

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3171
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dish-Network-DP34-Switch-Dish-Pro-Free-Shipping_W0QQitemZ140 351781935QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ad9e3c2f

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3172
http://cgi.ebay.com/new-dishnetwork-single-pro-lnb-dp-dish-network_W0QQitemZ1903 42311486QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c51492e3e

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3173
http://cgi.ebay.com/CIRCULAR-DUAL-LNB-ANIK-F3-CB2008A-118-8-118-7-119-118_W0QQit emZ120358146392QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c05e79158

Silver Member
Username: El_toro_the_great

NC USA

Post Number: 158
junky funky

Upload

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16349
Simple facts in response.
1. DP34 does not work with CB2008A. I do not know if it works with Digiwave DGL1189. This info is related to the special LNB for 118/119. There are non-DN, 3 input 4 output switches available.
2. If you are buying a DiseqC switch, 2 to 1 and 4 to 1 switches are about the same price, so i suggest you buy 4 to1 disEqC if you need a swtich of that type.
3. If you are only going to use one receiver at a time, you can loop out from back of receiver.
4. I post Transat Electronic info for information only. You can buy your dish and LNB wherever it is convenient and cheap. Justforhaha's has no life at present except to try and find faults with me. Their 118/119 and110 Dish installation works. I have seen it personally supplying two neighbours using 2 DiseqC switches. Buying such a Dish with the bracket and two LNBs is not particularly difficult nor high tech.
5. Africanbrit is a good and knowedgeable helper.

Post Number: 10
ah well, I have already ordered a dp34.. and the following two LNBs .. i am not sure if it is cb2008a or not

http://www.mxmart.com/shop/l8
http://www.mxmart.com/shop/ld

I guess i can order a 4x1 DiseqC switch too.. its very cheap.. but this DP34 may go waste

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16352
I checked the description at the site, and it is CB2008A type, but works with Dish 500 and 1000. You might be in luck.
Let us know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hi Guys, Got both the LNBs (circular for 118/119 and the other one for 110). But it seems that the circular LNB can not be used with the DN-receiver that I have. There is no option to set the LNB type in my DN-receiver-vip-211k (or I can't find one). That is why if I connect the circular LNB with my DN-receiver, I dont get any signal strength for 119 or 118. If someone can recommend something on how to perform setting on my DN-receiver, that would be great.
Or else I guess I have to buy an nfusion to test if I can catch 118 or not.
Can anyone recommend an authorized dealer for nfusion. I am looking at this right now: http://www.nfusiondtv.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3

BTW, the circular LNB that I have can not be mounted easily on the bracket for twin-lnb on my dish-500. I just taped the circular LNB with the 110-LNB which fits nicely on one side of my bracket.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16389
Setting up a 118/119 LNB on a Dish receiver.
Use the 119 and scan with LNB frequency of 10750 or 9750-10750
Then change the LNB freq to 11250 and scan again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
The problem is there is no option to set the LNB frequency or anything about LNB in my receiver.. I searched a lot even on net but could not find anything.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16391
There must be some sats with LNB frequency of 10750. Ignore the name of the sat and if possible do a Blind scan. Or manually add TPs if if you can using the the TPs listed at lyngsat under Anik F3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Okay, I can not set lnb frequency or anything in this recevier... but the receiver automatically locked the lnb onto 118. I was able to see the channel list on 118 as given here http://www.nfusiondtv.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 638
Nalin , I would like to learn also, can you give complete instructions to add tp's to DN receiver.

If not too much can you explain how to blindscan on dn receivers.

Thank you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16399
chumley: It is easy. first you ask your boy-friend Greg Ruffian to blind fold you. Now I know you are mostly blind, but he does not know that.
Next you use a scanner and scan the receiver. You can buy a scanner at any store selling Electronic cash boxes. Once you have scanned the receiver, you will know the exact price - it will come up on the TV - and that is the difficult part for you because being blind you will not be able to see it.

Silver Member

NC USA

Post Number: 167
Me too I would like to learn

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16400
Whiskey: "manually add TPs if if you can" - but you are too drunk to learn even if you can.

Silver Member
Username: El_tora_the_great

Post Number: 172
I don't think there Is a dam thing you could teach me Nyda except how to be stupid.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16402
Whiskey: You must have been very drunk when you said "Me too I would like to learn".
Of course you are absolutely right when you say "I don't think there Is a dam thing you could teach me". There is a saying for people like you and it goes like this
"He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not is a fool, SHUN him" - So that's exactly what I do with you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I think the software on DN receivers is such that it does not allow us to configure anything in the way we can do in FTA receivers. And I think it makes sense.. because otherwise DN will be getting calls from people (subscribers) who mess up these settings and now their TV is gone.

It is like verizon installing their own software on awsome cellphones to limit their functionality... which is just sad.

Silver Member

NC USA

Post Number: 168
Nalin Nydass
Total Posts: 16402

junky funky has the correct answer for you.
The mind is a terrible thing to waste

Total Posts: 14

If you stop all this horseshit when you fuckup you may learn
something never too late not even for you.Be nice old girl
by stop bashing members here that are trying to help you.

Silver Member
Username: Feroz

New york, New york U s a

Post Number: 121
who on first, whats on second .........

Silver Member

NC USA

Post Number: 169
Si

Silver Member
Username: El_tora_the_great

Post Number: 173
Nalin don't talk to me like that you dirty whore

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16403
Whiskey: You must have been very drunk when you said "Me too I would like to learn".
Of course you are absolutely right when you say "I don't think there Is a dam thing you could teach me". There is a saying for people like you and it goes like this
"He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not is a fool, SHUN him" - So that's exactly what I do with you.
There is no room here for drunks like you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us