How Much Data

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 210
Could someone tell me how many GB of data it takes to run an nFusion per month, on average

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3575
The Nfusion IKS uses 60 bytes every 20 seconds to function.

1024 bytes = 1KB (kilobyte)
1024 KB = 1MB (megabyte)

So, at this rate the IKS uses approx. 10.5kb per hour or 253 kb over a 24hr period.

To illustrate, if you were to leave your television on 24/7 for 30 days it would use 7593 kb or 7.4 MB over that entire span of 720 hrs that your TV and IKS was on.

As such, based on simple math, it is highly unlikely that you will ever go over any bandwidth limit set by your ISP, (Internet Service Provider) because you have an nFusion unit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
thanx very much sir,now i have another question to ask...i'm hoping to do this with a 3g rocket stick,but the area i live in is only covered by 2g...will that be a problem

Gold Member

Post Number: 3578
good question

Gold Member

Post Number: 3579
shadycove

Gold Member

Post Number: 3580
I didnt get what Knightseal said..

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
hi..sorry for the delay,i'm at work...he said that i'd be better off with a stick and a cradlepoint router than with a rodgers rocket hub and he told me how much data the nfusion needs per hour...any idea about the 2g instead of 3g problem?

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
oh sorry...it was you that told me how much data would be used it was he who suggested the cradlepoint...

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
i do get rodgers cellphone service out there.does that help?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3581
It does not matter if you are 2G or 3G as long as you have a good constant signal (NO FADING AT NIGHT). If it fades you can try having them change your roaming area number
if this fails you will need a booster. If you buy a cradle point I highly suggest the MBR-1000 as I know it works and have had some problems with the cheaper models. Your Phoenix will use an average of approx. 488mbs. per month.
Hope I helped. Make sure you read the contract good and see what your overage charge is, make sure you stay away from any plan that wants to charge you by the kb for overage. The reason I say this is because you will be surprised how much your computer uses up just updating windows.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3582
The cradlepoint MBR 1100 is a much better, newer model which is now available. The MBR 1200 is not on the market but should be soon so you may want to go to cradlepoint.com and check out their makes and models before buying one.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 355
I spoke with my budy and he was saying that he tested a Phoenix and it used like 2 or 300 MB in the 6 or 7 hours he used it that seems like alot anyway to cut that down?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11348
Why not simply power off the receiver when not use,

Gold Member

Post Number: 3733
Your friend is mistaken Grim

The Nfusion IKS uses 60 bytes every 20 seconds to function.

1024 bytes = 1KB (kilobyte)
1024 KB = 1MB (megabyte)

so at this rate the IKS uses 10.5kb per hour or 253 kb over a 24hr span,

if you left your tv on 24/7 for 30 days it would use 7593 kb or 7.4 MB over that entire span of 720 hrs that your TV and IKS was on.

I highly doubt that anyone leaves there TV on that long or will they go over any bandwidth limit set by your ISP

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
I asked him if he was sure and hes saying its uses waymore then that a day ill tell him to run just the box for a day and let me know exactly what it used and ill report back

Gold Member

Post Number: 3806
Tell him to Google it. There is tons of links on the subject.

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
K will do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us