I need opinion

Silver Member
Username: Elvirm

Post Number: 103
about this

Item Description

In the spirit of the K1 series, The PRODIGY brings you the core features and solid performance that you've come to expect from KBOX. With a smaller build and more efficient design, K1 PRODIGY continues alongside K1 Plus, bringing you forward into the future... USB 2.0, PVR, AND NETWORK READY! INCLUDES THE NEW VERSION 2 K-HUB PACKAGE INCLUDES Brand New KBox K1 PRODIGY Receiver with Version 2 K-Hub Universal Remote Factory Retail Box User's Manual BONUS RCA (Audio/Video) Cable Two 2 AAA Batteries for Remote PRODUCT FEATURES USB 2.0 Host Support Time-Shifting and PVR (Personal Video Recorder) Ready Onboard MP3 Player and JPEG Viewer MPEG-2 / DVB-S Compliant 1 LNB Input Satellite Tuner Blind Scan Multi-Satellite Search DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS On-Screen Channel Editor (Favorites, Lock, Skip, Move, Delete) Flexible Channel Sorting (Alphabet, Transponder, CAS, etc) Favorites Grouping Brilliant 65,535 Colors Full-Resolution On-Screen Display Multi-Language On-Screen Menu Multi-Picture Modes Closed Caption Capable Receiver Lock and Parental Lock Data Communications via USB 2.0 Port, RS-232 Serial Port, and LAN (with optional network module) RF Output Composite (Video, L/R Stereo) Component (Y/Pb/Pr) S-VHS Digital Audio (S/PDIF) Universal Remote Control Made in Korea WARRANTY 1 Year No-Hassle Warranty

I don't know about this anythin, what is HUB, I see some doesn't have HUB.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
or about this

NFUSION NOVA/OPEN OUT THE BOX
[REC-NOVA]

Item Description

INCLUDES -Null Cable -Manual -Remote -2 x AAA Batteries -PVR Setup Installation CD -nFusion Solaris Unit (Black) -RCA cable (Video + Audio) MAIN FEATURES -MPEG-2 Digital and Full DVB -Ethernet Port -Ultra-Fast Advanced EPG -Simple Satellite Scan -Fast Multi-Satellite Search -Blind Search (Power Scan) -TP Ch Auto Update -Extended EPG and Program Reservation through EPG (Timer Function) -Channel Control by Delete, Skip, Lock, Move and Favorites -Channel Sorting by Alphabet, Transponder, and CAS -Tele-Text Support (OSD and VBI Insertion) -Last Channel Memory Functions -OSD: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Turkish, Arabic, Farsi -Plasma Friendly (Screensaver to eliminate burn-in on Plasma TV's) -Parental Lock / Installation Lock / Receiver Lock -Zoom-In Function -RGB Component Video Output -RCA Composite Video Output -S-VIDEO Output -SPDIF Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround -DiSEqC Control Versions 1.0, 1.2 and USALS -RS-232 (Serial) Port for Programming Ethernet Port Personal Video Recorder (PVR) Free 4x1 DiSEqC Switch Free Data Cable

I se than both working, but which one is better, or is any really differetn betwen them?

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4463
If I'm in the market to buy an FTA box
I'll get K-box Prodigy
Yo'll need an internet connection
And a good pointed dish

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 569
sometimes ads are make so that it appears to be less money like Kbox prodigy for 139.00

but you must have the Khub to make it work as of today 79.99

look for true package deal Complete with khub V2

nfusion has built in ethernet port /
Kbox uses a Khub to make ethernet connection

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Why I need internet for kbox? I have no idea how working. Is that one nfusion (what I gave in example) have everything what need? Or need something more?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11165
Elvir

Because the code need to make that your box work come from internet in live, not like old time where you only put a file in your receiver.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16263
kbox prodigy is a good buy.
You need to buy khub as well and a USB stick.
You need either one of these three items.
1. ethernet cable from your Internet router ($15-25)
2. instead of ethernet cable you may use two powerline adaptors. these go into your regualr wall sockets for 100V and they make your home electricity wiring a computer network. ($65)
3. Or you may use a wireless bridge ($45) if you have wireless router or modem.

In addition, if you have only a routerless modem, you will need a router. Best to buy a wireless router. they usually come in 4 ethernet ports to and a wireless broadcast.
Why do you need a router - Instead of asking questions, just know that you need a broadband router of at least 1 MB speed and over 10 GB/month download allowance. To find out more about IKS connection, do a search on this site of "IKS". You will find plenty to read.

You may look at one of these URLs for more info.
http://kboxsales.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us