Sum up kbox vs. nfusion

Bronze Member
Username: Grampabob

Post Number: 17
Well since there's a zillion threads why not have another or maybe do some thread pointing for me please. I have the ihub and I must say regret it, so now its kbox or nfusion (i know plymouth will say told me so).

Between the 2, channels are kinda close and both have DN and BEV. Price is close.

Down time is kinda close? How about the freezing?

Silver Member
Username: Ariza

Post Number: 307
I'm new to this too. I hope the down time isn't too long for both receivers (could anyone give an estimate?)...

I'm really leaning toward an Nfusion right now just because the team has been out in the market longer and it has a built in IKS or wtvr. As long as i get about the same channels and picture quality i got with my viewsat i'm fine with either receiver...

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11095
GrampaBob, Jib

Nfusion still have the best channels list except if you look for International channels or event on #455 Dn, but still have best list on Bev.

Many time in the morning KBox is down against Nfusion still up, the freezing seems to be corrected on Nfusion.

I have a Nfusion Solaris but I recommand Phoenix which is much better.

If you buy this receiver, I recommand to buy directly in a store and don't give your true name.

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 479
GrampaBob,

usually, kbox planned server maintenence is in the morning like right this minute as a matter of fact.
Plymouth doesn't tell you about NFL Sunday, 1st day opening season this year NFUSION down ALL day long took another 24 hours to completly come up so down 36 hours !!
the 455 type fights Kbox had it up first before nfusion, the last fight Kbox fights were up for 5 hours before fights and we saw all the previews, nfsion came on right before fight started

The coders that MADE Nfsusion what it was are no longer there

IMHO ..

Kbox is the King of no freezing, best overall up time, best warranty, and almost never a pixelate

they weird about putting up channels untill they work 110% , that is why they little less channels.
Quality is the most important to them not quantity.

if you look at the post about the compairison of the boxes Kbox blows everyone away less the category of "support"
I can only think that ... that column is how many support sites ?? which kbox is the newer kid on the block so @ the time there were not as many sites/forums with support categories. Today that is not a problem
but in the categories that matter Kbox is the best.

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1669
i have a solaris this box got lots of freezing all most every day all most every program freez is miner but you will miss some of the program and from what i read kbox ant much better and got more down time from what i read everyday here and on other sites my personal opinion is iks sucks big time

Gold Member

Post Number: 1670
sump you full of it lol you geting pad for saying this crap both boxes suck right now and your kbox got freez and lots of down time i read it right here on this site lol

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11100
Since 2 weeks, My NFusion Solaris work very well without any major freezing.

KBox is always down and the reason gived by sump is server maintenance LOL! BS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Yes of course both BEV and DN important and the UFC up when they start, previews aren't important.

Where is kbox originated because its a new term for lots of new-to-iks users.....no idea myself where they run out of.

Uh, do you need any dongles or anything for kbox? I think nfusion in plug right and in go if I'm correct.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1671
nf went down 2 times yesterday at noon time for 5 mins then at 1 pm for like 20 mins with the new bin and your right about kbox up down all the time

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11101
GrampaBob

Yes you are right!

Look the channels list for Nfusion and Kbox:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rOE1tOiUP_lPLrP25QfX1sg

You can choose the receiver brand in left bottom.

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
kbox ususally goes down once a week .. in the morning.

i prefer it that way so i know whats up.

not when i am trying to really watch TV.

the problem with this site and the posts is that you must be real carefull reading and looking at the dates

I mean that if say kbox goes down some body will get old post and post to it so now it has 30 posts but they are from once a week 4 times.

good to the other sites and check and see the uptime/down time of the boxes
check and see the problems each have in the category ..

dssrookie.com
abadss.com

most thing with both boxes that they share is that unless you where already experienced with Nfusion, connecting internet can be challeging, but most problems are fixed quickly

Nfsuion DOES have a built in "dongle/ethernet port" Kbox at this point uses adpoter to adapt the serial port to ethernet giving you place to plug ethernet cable in

Silver Member

Post Number: 485
I had NOVA and loved it for couple years ..

GrampaBob,

the point i was making with the boxing/UFC is that the kbox owners could sit back and relax make plans because they Knew it was on for them.
Nfusion users had to sweat it out all day to the very last minute not knowing ..
couple times since june .. kbox loader actually said it would be on upfront .!

kbox has a USB port on the front file are loaded there in the beginning, there is times that the loader will get the NEW files and you can download from your computer via your lan.

The USB port is also used to record programs, movies, fight onto USB stick or USB drive... witch is much faster than how u most do it with Nfusion accross your LAN to your computer..

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11103
Bruce I

It seems that you has problem when the internet is overload, at noon when worker goes on internet and when worker return to work.

I don't have this problem with my Solaris.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
The kbox and the hubs are sold together as a unit? Unlike SV where you have to buy both ihub and receiver pieces to make it worth while.

I'm just looking up the main diff between the Hereos and Prodigy kboxs. I am already familiar with the diff between the Solaris and Phoenix.

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
first there are AD's and sales tactics the place them seperate as a leader to get you IN

like Kbox Prodigy 139.99 (oops edited ) then buy the Khub 79.99

but you need the Khub, yes

i have Prodigy's with Khub, priorty mail @ 195 out the door, that includes small USB stick to get ya going and Chieta Disque switch

also powerline adapters i, netgear printer server etc ..

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
you want the Prodigy ..

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
also some ads still sell the OLD style Khub big white square box

here is a difference .

the Heroes serial port is NOT powered so which ever Khub you get you MUST get a power supply for

the Prodigy HAS a powered serial port so no power supply need for Khub

the new V2 Khub just plugs into the serial port NO serial cable needed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us