Telefonica Switching To N3

Bronze Member
Username: Gladiator34

Post Number: 82
C/P

Found this on a Spanish language site. It's regarding Telefonica DTH in Basil moving from N2 to N3 in the following months. Maybe related to the fact that Amazonas 2 bird will be launched next week and will be operating by November and will have a broader more powerful footprint than Amazonas 1. It's translated from Portuguese to Spanish and then from Spanish to English, so please forgive me if the phrasing is somewhat weird.

"Telefonica has decided and informed FCC about subscription access cards for it's DTH TV system. This means that this service provider should start in the following months a card swapping process with subscribers in order to provide them with a card for unhackable access. The company is already transmitting in simulcript which means they are using 2 encrypted access systems simultaneously, which will be used until card swap is complete. This will be a gradual process in progressive stages linked to programming layers, due to the complex process of importing the transmission devices as well as customer support and orientation."

As more companies move to Nagra 3, I am starting to wonder if N3 is in fact bullet proof. Big companies will not move in N3 direction unless they are sure it's worth the $$$ investment. I know in the past they have bet on N1 and N2 and lost, but this time N3 has been present in Europe for quite a while and some months in the Americas, so they've had enough time to review the process.

ALWAYS REMEMBER USE OR LOADING OF FILES IS ALWAYS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10976
the fta freak

Thanks for the info!

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 306
so let me get this correct ....

the FCC in the US was notifed that in South America Telphonica is going to have new access cards ??

I am missing something here ?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10978
sump

The FCC is not only for USA, Canada and few others contries.

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
canada i get, just maybe even mexico but .. central and south america ??

sounds fishy ..

Bronze Member
Username: Nobama

OBAMA, SUCKS CRAP

Post Number: 12
Plymouth
Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10978
Posted on Friday, September 18, 2009 - 06:32 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sump

The FCC is not only for USA, Canada and few others contries.

NOT

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
C& P

About the FCC

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an independent United States government agency. The FCC was established by the Communications Act of 1934 and is charged with regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable. The FCC's jurisdiction covers the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. possessions.

http://www.fcc.gov/aboutus.html

Silver Member
Username: Applebees

Post Number: 326
that first post was already dismissed here

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete_209

Post Number: 67
Plymouth---The FCC is not only for USA, Canada and few others contries.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Feroz

New york, New york U s a

Post Number: 91
Its fishy chavez wont be interested in any fcc
he makes his own rules

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 481
Caption Hook

Why scrch yor head.. eh?

Bronze Member
Username: Califirnia

Post Number: 86
Kudelski swapping out Brazilian CA cards |

24-09-2009
Telefonica's Brazilian DTH subsidiary TVA is to swap out its Nagravision smart cards to reduce the threat from piracy.

TVA/Telefonica has formally advised Brazilian regulator, the National Telecommunications Agency of its intentions, and that it will end its current simulcrypt transmission pattern once the new cards are distributed.

Ivan Verbesselt, from Nagravision, told local journalists that all security measures have a life cycle. "We have performed very effectively worldwide in the systematic achievement during long periods of content security sustained in any specified platform," he claimed. "But it is also necessary to decide that the operator and the security system provider renew their security infrastructure on regular basis so as to achieve state-of-the-art."

© Rapid TV News 2009
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us