NFusion: which one? how reliable? schedule?

Bronze Member
Username: Kolkat

Post Number: 19
Hi everyone,
I live in Canada and am looking to buy an nFusion to finally get some B3V channels.
Maybe someone can help me out:
1) I can't chose between Solaris and Phoenix. On one site I found that Phoenix is supposed to be faster than Solaris but I don't know if that will affect me as a user. I do't need to record anything, just to watch TV.
2) I know that nFusion uses IKS and downloads keys from the Internet, however, I can't find how often it is down and how long it usually takes to have it up again.
3) Does anyone know whether nFusion has a program schedule like my VS did? Is it also 2 hours or longer?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10973
Koka Koka

1)Both are good!

2)IKS is always up, never as longer than Stand alone.

3)Yes 24 hours and maybe more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
thanks a lot Plymouth!
But what do you mean by "IKS is always up"?
I remember seing some posts here entitled "Nfusion down" or something like that.
Also if and when it goes down, do I just wait until it is up again or is there something one should do, like downloading a fix ?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11002
Koka Koka

You are Welcome!

Most of time you only wait but sometimes you have to download the file, but it is very easy, you only do it from your remote.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Awesome! I guess, I'm bying a Solaris today. Just in time for the UFC. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 316
do not buy solaris !! ask nova users

iks is NOT always up ask Nfusion users what happened last sunday ALL day opening day of NFL

there is NO gauentee that fight will be on

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
or nfusion yesterday and overnight ...

kbox gets bev and 118.7 sat

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thanks for the info, sump.
I guess, getti UFC live is secondary (I can always download it the day after) - the main thing is to get the most BEV channels.
As far as I understand, nfusion is better for that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
that may be true today !!

Silver Member
Username: Moe948

Post Number: 118
It is not always up, but has been up almost all the time.

The EPG is loaded in a different way (at least on solaris), as compared to viewsat. In viewsat it is loaded in the background, in solaris it is loaded right in front of your eyes. So when EPG is loading, the receiver doesn't show any channels and goes into a mode where it only loads EPG. It only lasts for about a minute though, it's not a big deal.

When EPG does load, you'll see the EPG for roughly the next 28 hours (on solaris). Once there is only a few hours EPG remaining, the EPG is again loaded automatically through the previous process (if you set EPH to auto).

28 hours for me is more than enough. On phoenix this number might be substantially higher.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11006
Moe

On the viewsat you must enter in the menu and you lose the picture like the NFusion!

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3467
Buy the Nfusion Phoenix its the best receiver. I got my moneys worth out of my Nova just like i did my Chevy. If you bought a Nova just before the end you didn't do your homework.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
greg send them to me for support

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4409
Yo can get nFusion directly from my website:
www.kingfta.com

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3468
I thought that might get your attention sump

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
i was panting like a dog licking my chops !!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Plymouth

When I had viewsat the 24 hour epg was downloaded automatically in the background while I watched the channels.

Username: Permananttourist

Post Number: 6
Solaris will be without support after the first of January; same BS as they pulled on the Nova owners

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
PermanantTourist

Is there any evidence to support this, since this is the first time I am hearing this? I know they might pull the plug on solaris, but I am not expecting so soon.

Silver Member
Username: Boboshan

Somewhere, Out There

Post Number: 112
Nova support had to be dropped because of lack of security chip. Solaris does not have this issue so why would it be dropped Jan 1st? Do you have proof or just posting b.s?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us