RCA SCENIUM HD50LPW175 (video of problem)

Username: Blaineprickett

Post Number: 3
I have an RCA SCENIUM 50" HD50LPW175
:/
I have had this tv for just over 4 years and recently the screen went out when I left the room. Came back and tried to turn it on and it made a noise as if its trying to startup but immediately after the startup noise it makes a strange grinding. The touch screen menu blinks 5 times then stops. (then lights for channel change/volume turn off but the tv power light stays on) then it repeats the process. I don't know much about tvs but I've read enough threads about problems with my exact model that other people are having to where i think its the lamp but i dont want to be another sucker and shell out $400.00 so i've uploaded a video of exactly what my tv is doing on youtube. Please watch the video and let me know what you think. I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm a 22 year old guy that definitely doesn't have the money to buy another tv or lose money fixing this piece... Please help..

Heres the address for my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QasY8chYo2Y

Username: Samuel11

Post Number: 1
Hi Blaine,

Having in mind that a generic lamp will give you 4500 to 6500 lamp hours and the Phillips will give you 6000 to 8000 lamp hours and that you TV is 4 years old more likely you are looking to replace you lamp;The lamp itself typically uses AC current and about 15,000 volts to ignite the lamp's mercury vapor gas. The gases inside the lamp react when electricity charges up the mercury gas creating very bright light. The voltage drops to keep the flow of electricity to the lamp.
RCAs are known for bad color wheels and power supplies, which power your ballast, which powers your lamp,(Color wheel )The symptoms of a bad color wheel will be a grinding,whirling,spinning or buzzing sounds if you can hear this noises that's your color wheel,the color wheel spins about 5,000 rpms,and is incharge of producing the colors on you picture

If you can hear your TV fan working is NOT you power supply,but if you hear a constant clicking you ballast needs to be replace,
A ballast is an electrical component used with a fluorescent bulb (or mercury vapor lamp or arc lamp) to conduct electricity at each end of the tube. It supplies the initial electricity to the bulb that creates light, and then it regulates the amount of electricity flowing through the bulb so that it emits the right amount of light.
You can find your parts at:http://www.discount-merchant.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=HD50LPW175?Click=48426
I hope this will help,please keep us posted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us