Question about computer

Bronze Member
Username: Dusty1980

Post Number: 33
sorry for asking question here but no one go to computer board.......i have a emachine the cd/dvd rom will not read disks is there any where to download drivers for that???and ialso have a compaq could i just switch the cd roms out would that work???? thank you

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10907
fta newby

Give us the model.

Emachine is made by Acer.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10908
fta newby

Here is the site support:

http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16074
Was it reading before and has stopped?
Was it reading both CD and DVD?
Was it writing on blank CDs/ Or on Blank DVDs?
You can open the chasis and look at the name of the CD/DVD rom and also note down the jumper settings at the back - Master/slave etc.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3151
first off...what OS system are you using? Windows XP or Vista? In either case you can try to update the drivers. You can also take it right out of the tower and check if the cables are connected properly.

I had the same problem once b4 and it needed a new cable.You can buy a new one at any computer shop. I build computer using parts from other ones all the time. Just make sure you connect the right power cord . Best way is to mark the existing one b4 taking it out and replacing it with your compaq cd rom. Power down your computer ... if it doesn't have a switch on the back of the power pack, unplug it from the wall b4 opening up the case. I hope this helped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us