Sonicview

Username: Orbill

Post Number: 3
Lots of chat about Viewsat, What happened to sonicview. They were always up there with N2, Any news on what they are doing about N3?

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 553
The only manufacturer that has been spoken of in any degree is Viewsat.
If viewsat does come out with a stand alone fix it will not be long before the others have one as well.
Over the years each has had it turn i the limelight being first, but first does not matter as much as stability!

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1830
SV 360's are working fine with Ihub for most DN and VOD channels with N3...suggest u go to a reputable site (ftaview.com...ftabins.net ..or dsscommunity.co*m etc) and get the details..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
Sonicview IHub FAQ

1. What is the the Ihub?
The Ihub is a "dongle" that connects to your serial port on your receiver, than you connect it to the internet.

2. What does the Ihub do?
The Ihub gets back some channels lost to Nag3 by connecting your receiver to a server that is sharing the channels.

3. Which receivers does the Ihub work for?
Right now the Ihub ONLY works for the Sonicview 360 Premier, Elite and Sonicview 8000. It is unknown if there will be Ihub's made for the 1000, 1000pvr or 4000.

4. What channels does the Ihub get back?
Right now the Ihub gets back some channels on BEV and some channels on DN, more channels are being added still. This includes some Adult channels on DN

5. Is the Ihub the only way to get back BEV, and DN Nag3 channels on a Sonicview receiver?
At this current time Yes it is the only way to get the channels back.

6. How do I setup my Ihub?
Read this thread for instructions on setting it up:
[link removed]

7. My receiver is in my other room how can I get internet access in there without running a cable?
There are multiple ways of doing this. The easiest is to buy Powerline Ethernet Adapters and connect one at your router/modem and the other at your receiver, for more information google them.
If you already have a wireless network setup in your house you can use a wireless network bridge to connect to that WIFI and then connect the Ihub to the bridge.
Some old routers can be modified with new firmware to be used as bridges google "dd-wrt" for more information.

8. What speed of internet is needed to run the Ihub?
It is currently unknown if a dialup connection will work with the Ihub, but a CONSTANT internet connection would be needed, so a dedicated phone line would be needed.
Also you would have to connection share your dialup connection (using your computer). Doing that your computer would also always have to be on.
Regardless of connection speed a constant internet connection is always needed.

9. How do I setup the Ihub wired?
You can find a connection diagram here: Look at picture below

There is no special type of router needed; any will do as long as properly configured.
Setting up the Ihub is like a setting up a new computer on your router, it will have its own IP address on your router and it will need CONSTANT internet access to work.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 555
He's asking about a stand alone fix , not IKS!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
"Lots of chat about Viewsat, What happened to sonicview. They were always up there with N2, Any news on what they are doing about N3?"

slo_hand....do U see any mention of standalone?...i surely don't!...ppl shouldn't presume to know another's mind...

I simply answered directly, his question!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16062
The Sonicview ihub combo is old news. I am glad that jusforhahas has discovered it - even a month late is better than nothing.
However, as Slo_hand2 pointed out, the question was when would Sonicview come out with N3 fix. The answer is "So far none, and difficult to predict". I think this time round it will be neither Viewsat, nor Pansat, but yet another one - probably Sonicview or CaptiveWorks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1836
"Any news on what they (sonicview) are doing about N3?" is the question

My reply was straight on...ihub!

BTW...WHEN would they come out, was never asked moron, nalin..

nalin, learn to read and STFU...and mind your own business...keep to being a mole, rather than trying to post something intelligent....U never have , and U never will..lmao

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16065
justforhahas: For you "Ignorance is bliss". Nobody but you can claim that IKS or ihub is a Nagravision 3 decrytion.
Anyway, you can swim in your own ignorance and the mud you create whatever you touch, if that is your choice.

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 575
The tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers,
And you want to take her with you to the hard land of the winter
.Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16066
Still looking for mermaids in Largo Key?

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 881
And he lives
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us