Jadoo TV

Bronze Member
Username: Shredd3r

TORONTO

Post Number: 93
My friend says that a Jadoo TV box works off the internet and will never cut off, ever. She said that she gets all the good movie and TV channels that you get with k-box n-fusion and all that chit. I don't know much more than that but i figured it would be worth a thread considering that no one wants to buy another box that will probably just cut out and screw you again like the others. I'll try to find the channel list and post them here.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5920
yes jadoo will be option,
i am not sure how do they get channels off for example i saw the video that they were showing geo tv , do they get subcription or what
it says vod channels,
does one have to pay for those channels or not?
lets say u don't wanna use tv can u use computer only and connect the box or u must need to use tv..
speed is also concern what is minimum?
good thing is that if u miss ur favorite shows u can use youtube and other mediasites and play it from there.
channels list would be fine,
if u can ask ur freind about sports channels and if there are any channels availalbe from uk
eg sky sports etc
thanks seemore

Bronze Member

TORONTO

Post Number: 94
I just found this link to an older tread from February.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/551917.html

I don't know much of anything about this. I did hear a rumor on another forum that said it constantly has to buffer the channels. He also said the picture quality wasn't the best either. But Jadoo tv has HD boxes too, so that may improve the pic quality. I just hope people add to this tread considering there was a tread for this already.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16054
jadoo TV is streaming video like any other Internet TV, except that you have a special box for buffering and changing channels, so your computer CPU is not occupied, and in fact, you do not need the computer on. It works by Internet streaming video originating in Dubai or somewhere offshore, so there are no real legal issues for the average user. It will work good if your Broadband connection is 4 mb or better.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickboxer1st

Post Number: 23
My cousin has one so I can speak on his behalf. They actually now have a server somewhere that they use to stream channels now. In the past they would use sites like Idesitv and stream off of them but now For example channels like Ten Sports, Geo sports, Masala tv and AVT khyber are prime examples, Those channels are impossible to find online and view but Jadoo tv gets them on their box so that person has a server set up somewhere maybe in Dubai or in Europe. Recently according to my cousin no more geo channel but they replaced that one with Aaj tv. Quality varies from channel to channel but you need a router hooked to it all the time. Hope that helps somewhat.

Bronze Member

TORONTO

Post Number: 95
Does it get American channels, like stars, and encore movies?

Silver Member
Username: Topy

Post Number: 128
Seamore butts

Don't buy Jadoo box ,,, bottom line,,, we already discussed a lot on it back in previous months,,, watch online free channels & bear with littel hassle,,, because its free online channels,,, BUT if you are living in apartment or basment where u can't install dish or prohibited to install dish,,, so u can get jadoo box,,, but still u can watch free online tv. All other answers are also valid. I am saying only bottom line is don't buy.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 710
Looking at the channel list and the fact they were about to get sued by GEO, and the 200 dollars to get setup, its not worth it at all. Here's the channel list:

JADOO TV LIVE CHANNELS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below you will find a brief list of channels that are available with Jadoo TV .

Jadoo TV Channel List
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geo Tv -
Geo News -
Dunya Tv -
Hum TV -
Express 24/7 -
NTV -
APNA CHANNEL -
Zoom -
Time Tv -
B4U Movies -
B4U Music -
Express News -
Gurbani -
Star Utsav -
MTA -
Khyber Tv -
Peace Tv -
BBC World News -
Masala TV -
ALJAZEERA -
NASA -
Orange -
Euro Sport News -
Sky News -
Sahara News -
Sportal -
Noor Tv -
Haq Tv -
Al Quds -
Al Shariqah -
AAJ Tak -
NDTV imagine -
NDTV Profit -
Times NOW -
Sony Sab -
Star Vijay -
Sahara One -
9xMusic -
9x TV -
DMCL -
KTV -
ASC FLIX -
ETV Gujrati -

Jadoo TV On-Demand Channels:

Bollywood Movies -
Bollywood Movies -
Bollywood Songs -
Drama -
Pakistani Songs -
Talk Shows -
Comedy Shows -
Talent Shows -
Khana Pakana -
Cricket Highlights -
Vah Chef -
Cartoons -
Comedy -
MTA Sermons -
MTA Poems -
You Tube Hindi -

Bronze Member

TORONTO

Post Number: 96
Worst line up EVER! Two thumbs down. Thanks for the info. Just what I was asking for.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16068
GM
Silver Member

Thanks for the channel listing of Jadoo TV. Am I right in saying that for $200 you can buy a jadoo box and you do not have to pay monthly charges?
I just want to confirm this from you that there has not been any policy change requiring monthly subscription.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10890
GM

All those channels are available for free without any receiver.

Is the picture quality is good enough?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16069
Plymouth: The main advantage of Jadoo TV is that it is not connected to your Computer. It is Internet to router to jadoo box to TV. It does not tie up your computer.
I was told that you really need a 4MB connection for good reception. It is after all a streaming video, so it should work.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10892
Nalin

A 4Mbites can blow your maximum download allocated per months.

A have a real 7.3 Mbites, but 30 Gig maximum download per months, the additional Gig can cost me more than a Sub.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16070
The speed of download 4mb/sec is different for total download allowed per month. Whether you have 1mb/sec download or 4mb/sec download, the total usage i.e total download per month will be based on your TV viewing per month. What will be different is the lack of freezing if you have high speed connection.
Coming back to the issue, Jadoo site says you need a 1mb/sec connection. I however think 1mb speed would be too slow and a 3-4 mb/sec is likely to be good and freezing free TV.
If any of the members have Jadoo TV and are using a 1mb/sec link, I would like to know what their experience is in terms of quality of reception and freezing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16071
Plymouth: I have a connection with 3 MB speed and 50GB/month quota. It is called Bell MAX 12 but because of the location I only get a speed of 3 mb or so.
If necessary I can upgrade to MAX 16, and although it says it is "Up to 16 Mbps", in reality I will still get 3 Mbps, but will get 75 GB/month downloads.
Look at
http://bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpInt_NewAccess.page?userType=NEW

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10894
Nalin

Try this link and check the real speed of your internet because when I was With Bell the speed was never real.

http://pcpitstop.com/internet/bw.asp

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 150
I was with Bell and than decided to leave it for TekSavvy which is lot better than Bell. It is DSL , so its using Bell line but giving more speed.
Right now i am getting 5 Meg speed with 200 GB download limit and i do heck of downloading and streaming :-)

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10895
asp lover

When I was with Bell, I took 6.2 Mb and with the new it was same thing, but now I get 7.3 Mb after 3 months.

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 151
But bell doesn't have bigger download limit which is a big problem for people who do lots of downloading or streaming

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16072
I tested my speed with your software. The US servers and the LONDON-UK server - all came through at over 5Mb/sec download and 600-800 KB/sec upload.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10897
asp lover

I'm with cable from Oricom now!

Nalin

That's very good!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help