Monitor won't turn on

Bronze Member
Username: Paul108

Chicgoridge i, Il Usa

Post Number: 53
I was at the pc section: it's scary over there, so please help. I had to buy a new power supply for my pc. after installing the new one, I can't get the monitor to come: I tried three diff, ones. need so me help. Im sure that all is connected properly...Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Satopia

Post Number: 426
check your video card make sure its seated tigthly first then once you have made sure it is then check your settings on back of your power supply for the rigth voltage if that isnt it try a diffferent vga cable

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10869
paul navarro

Enter in Bios setup with delete key on Keyboard, if you see the picture Choose the default setting and save, if it not work choose the optimum setup and save and look if it work.

Is your video is on board or is a added card?

Silver Member
Username: Satopia

Post Number: 427
if all else fails you can reset your bios by a jumper on your mother boared which is most of the time located near your ram slots and mob battery by removeing it from orginal postion to the 2nd postion for like 5 secs then replaceing it to the orginal postion will clear bios to default

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3127
when you installed the new power supply did you disconnect the computer from the wall ? Vann has a good suggestion also

First sometimes a PC will automatically shut down if the BIOS settings for temperature set and there is an issue. IE a fan is out and the PC is overheating. If you are sure that is not an issue. Then you can flash or do a BIOS reset by opening up the computer (TOUCH THE POWER SUPPLY BEFORE touching ANYTHING to the motherboard or any internals..this will take away any static you may have before you touch the motherboard). Then look on your motherboard for a jumper for the BIOS reset. You will have to move the jumper to one side to reset it. Then power up your machine, then power it down again and place it back into its original position. This "flashes" or "resets" the BIOS. NOTE: before EVER working internally power DOWN the machine and UNPLUG it!

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3128
http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

here is somthing to read before touching the bios good luck and hope this can help

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1962
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1964
Points To Remember
# Use an Approved Ground Strap:

Never use a homemade ground strap. Improper ground straps can pose a shock hazard.

# Leave Parts in their Anti-Static containers until ready to Install:

Never open or examine new computer parts unless you are properly grounded. Never hand a part to anyone that is not also properly grounded. Never leave unprotected parts out on a table where someone can walk by and pick it up.

# Turn the Computer Off:

Many modern computers are never completely off. Check the back of your computer, near the power cord, for a power switch. If your computer has one, turn it OFF while you are adding or removing components.

If your computer has no rear power switch, plug your computer into a power-strip, leave the strip OFF but plugged into a grounded outlet.

Having your computer plugged into a grounded outlet but completely powered off, offers a path to ground for any static zaps. Remember to turn the power switch(es) back on before you restart your computer.

# Don't run your computer with the covers off:

Computers are not properly protected from static zaps "ESD" without their covers. Computers are designed for best cooling airflow with their covers in place. An uncovered computer can overheat.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3139
Paul navarro has replaced it with a newer power supply...if the new one was in the ON position when he plugged in his PC to the grounded outlet , he could of fried his motherboard. It should have been OFF... turn ON the PC first then turn ON switch to the power supply.
If he can't see anything on his monitor , my guess is he fried the mother board.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3140
sorry I meant "plug in the Pc's power cord" then turn ON switch to the power supply

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10877
Good post Doreen!

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3141
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Doa

Post Number: 78
1, Make sure you plugged in both the 20 pin motherboard power connector AND the 4 pin CPU power connector. (depending on your motherboard/CPU this may be a 6 pin connector) The CPU power connector will have Yellow and Black wires.

2, Make sure that if you disconnected ANY of the fron panel connectors ( the two wire connectors that go from the front of your case, to the front panel header on your motherboard) that you replaced them correctly.

3, Make sure that the A/C power cord is seated firmly into the new power supply.

4, Make sure that the new power supply has it's power switch to ON. (if it has one)

If the power supply is coming up (your fans and such will be spinning) when you hit the front panel button, there are no beeps, and the Video is not coming on, then I would suspect part 2 of number 1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us