Please Confirm NFusion owners . . . . .

Bronze Member
Username: Bassi911

Post Number: 88
Please confirm nfusion owners that PPV sports is currently working fine on nfusion solaris and/or phoenix. This is the main reason i want to buy the receiver, so i need to know for sure that PPV sports channel 455 is working ? And how is the stability on nfusion, does it go down a lot?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10859
Tejpal

Since the latest bin file, Nfusion is much more stable, the #455 was up for the latest UFC but this is the first time that it was up, we hope that they provide again the big show.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
plymouth, do you solaris or phoenix ? which one would you recommend?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10871
Tejpal

I have a Solaris but Phoenix is a much better receiver, faster processor then more memory.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
plymouth . . . sorry to bother you but how do you download updates on the nfusion ?

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3432
Using the remote hit menu then internet then s/w upgrade.

Username: Alexgroove

Post Number: 8
is 455 "always" on with nfusion? i heard something like that with k-box that its down untill the minute the event starts?

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 147
Plymouth, tell me 1 thing, which may have asked couple of times but i don't remember it at all.

IKS based receivers like NFusion and KBox, what is the security of your IP and information saved by their servers. There's always a fear that 1 day we might get a big bill from either providers that we are watching a paid TV ?? Can we encrypt our IP or is it already done by these 2 providers (KBox and NFusion)

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10887
asp lover

Everybody can see your IP, there is no good solution to protect it.

If you receive a bill, put it in garbage.

The data come from many servers then it is encrypted.

There is no proof that a user is charged for it.

The only thing they can do is charged the resellers if they put a file in the box when they sell it.

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 149
Thanks plymouth for the answer

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 577
Hopefully these people don't get sent a bill either:

August 14th, 2009, Vancouver, BC

Today, the Supreme Court of BC granted an injunction to Dish Network to prevent us from helping any Canadian receive any programming being broadcast by Dish Network.

In addition, Can-Am Satellites has been ordered to turn over to Dish Network all of our customers' names and receiver information so that Dish Network can terminate their programming. Dish Network may also pursue legal action against these customers, who, it was discovered during the hearing, are liable for a fine of up to $1000 for each day for violation of the Radiocommunications Act. This means that if a customer was to be proven by Dish Network that they viewed their programming for, say seven years, then the fine could be as much as 7 x 365 x $1000 = $2,555,000. While I hope that this kind of fine will never be imposed, it demonstrates the draconian and repressive force of the Radiocommunications Act to deny ordinary Canadians from watching television signals of their choice.

The good news is that Justice Walker indicated that he would reverse his decision if Can-Am Satellites or any of its affected customers made the proper applications and could demonstrate to him a competent, well thought-out argument for a defense with some likelihood of success based on Section 2(b) of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms was presented to the Court.

With no financial resources to obtain legal counsel for this hearing, I was left to represent myself (and, in effect, all customers) in Court. This was a big mistake since I have no legal knowledge; all of the issues that I addressed with the Court, while truthful and accurate, could not be admitted or considered because it was not presented as evidence. It is imperative that if you want the Court to consider reversing the injunction, then professional legal counsel is required.

When we originally were served by Directv with an injunction, I sought legal advice. I was told that the cost to defend the actions all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada would cost a minimum of $200,000 to $300,000.

I have about 500 Dish Network customers. If half of you come forward with $1000 for a legal defense in the next week or so, then we would be able to present a good argument (your right to freedom!) to the Court, which would go a long way to getting your programming back legally without any crazy fines.

If you can help, please email me at rrex@

Yours truly,

Richard Rex

Owner, Can-Am Satellites

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16073
I googled and found something very interesting.
The above post is only at smalldish.com (a site owned by can-am satellites) and there is no other report of injunction or anything else.
Is this guy, Richard Rex trying to collect charity money?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us