Installing a Kbox out of a box

Bronze Member
Username: Sher

St anne de bellevue, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 22
Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help me regarding what things and accessories are required for a successful IKS compatible installation of a KBox (preferably from A to Z) since although I have been reading a lot of relevant threads but still I am pretty far from fully understanding the required items to buy and the procedure to set them up to get maximum channels. Please do let me know what is the currently best version/model of kbox for IKS also?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4395
Yo need to flash with a BIN PGM

check this first:
http://kboxkhub.org/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks king,

I read the material you referred to.........very enlighting. So now I somewhat understand the software part. What are the possible hardware stuff I would need to buy to get optimum reception?

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4396
This is the kind of k-box yo may consider
Keep in mind try at yor own risk

http://cgi.ebay.com/KBox-PRODIGY-PRO-FTA-Receiver-Plus-K-HUB-K-1-Box-NEW_W0QQite mZ250491377734QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item3a52731846&_trksid= p3286.c0.m14

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5898
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/578972.html

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 389
you need the best router you can buy...the best internet connection you can get...Kbox pro with K-hub...a great TV set...ethernet cable...ethernet adapters (if your TV is away from the router).....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I donot understand what is the role of a power line network adapter in this whole set up. The adds say better than cable better than wireless etc. Moreover, for a wireless connection can u install a card in the box or there is some external device for that purpose.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
and why do I need so many bests when all the internet is going to do is update the file when it is changed. It's not that I am getting streaming over the internet.

Silver Member
Username: Guanajuatos_best

Post Number: 258
Like me, just get a super long ethernet cable.
50ft. LOL

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 390
sher you need to read a whole lot more...the internet connection is not to upgrade the file...if you think you can disconnect kbox from the router and still watch TV you are wrong....please keep reading...

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5900
u didn't read the thread and u are asking questions?
here is c&p from link i provided

i have rec in different room , where internet connection is not available, i can't take netwrok cable there, what is my option}

you can use wireless connections
just buy 2 powerline adopters
hook one to electrical outlet near receiver and hook up k hub to it
hook up the other adopter to an electrical outlet near your internet router,and hook up the router and powerline adopter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Thanks Jayson and Sada for all that info. I think I understand a bit more now. I,ll read more and get back to you people if I have a problem.

Silver Member
Username: Topy

Post Number: 123
Hey Ali, most of the above people are very helpful, but question come to the setup of Kbox, please concentrate on Sada's voice, do whatever he/she says. Thx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us