Cool'sat shutdown

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 465
Cool'sat Officially Closes Up Shop
Wednesday, 26 August 2009 10:04 | Author: News Admin |
DISH Network, EchoStar Technologies and conditional access provider NagraStar on Tuesday announced that the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California had ordered a $97 million consent judgment and permanent injunction against Freetech, the maker of Coo'lsat Free To Air Receivers that were actively used to pirate DISH's DBS signal.

The judgement, which came as the result of a lawsuit filed by DISH and the other plaintiffs, also included $9 million in damages for three of Freetech's corporate officers/owners.

As a result, Freetech agreed to forfeit all of its liquid assets and inventory to DISH Network and shut down operations immediately. The judgement prohibits Freetech from bein

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 737
It is sad.

Silver Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 544
I googled this headline and I was unable to find it other than in fta forums. If it is not on Bloomberg's Morning Report on Trials and Other Litigation News, is NOT true.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16010
A settlement of this magnitude cannot get past the major newsagencies unnoticed.
There IS something fishy about the report.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4394
It might be true
NORWFTA*COM which is their main website is no longer operating
VU-Sat and Kool-Sat were previously sued by D#N
I think VU-Sat is next to close down as well

Silver Member
Username: Sump

East coast USA

Post Number: 154
you can go to the us federal court and get the info it IS public knowledge ... but it is not news worthy

Username: Xscess

Post Number: 10
heres the link to an article on Multichannel.com :

http://www.multichannel.com/article/328953-Dish_EchoStar_Nagrastar_Gain_97_Milli on_Bounty_In_Piracy_Battle.php

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dish Network, co-owned equipment supplier EchoStar Technologies, and conditional access supplier Nagrastar have scored a big victory in their battle against signal piracy, according to the companies.

Dish said Tuesday that a California U.S. District Court had entered a $97 million judgment against Freetech Inc., which had been marketing a device under the C00lsat brand to pirate Dish signals, said the satellite company. There was also a $9 million judgment against the company's officers and owners.

In addition, Freetech agreed to forfeit its liquid assets to Dish and shut down its worldwide business.

Silver Member
Username: Applebees

Post Number: 285
word of mouth is reason neither Freetech nor Dishnetwork
have issued any press release yet is they're reaching
an off-court settlement....

and that smells trouble for FTA business...

Bronze Member
Username: Xscess

Post Number: 11
And heres a tip on how to search any "news" article on Google.

First go to http://news.google.com/

Now in the search box enter few words like:

'dish nagrastar us district court'

click 'search news' & see the result yourself OR you can use this link instead:

http://news.google.com/news/search?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=dish+nagrastar+us+distric t+court

Silver Member

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 545
xscess,
Most of us know how to search for a news article on Google. The matter is: Is the source reliable? Multichannel is definately NOT a reliable source because Multichannel focuses on marketing and advertising for the cable television market.
http://www.multichannel.com/info/aboutus.php

Silver Member
Username: Applebees

Post Number: 286
you can google your butt off
and you won't find any official statement
from neither of the parties.....
why?......cause it ain't over.......yet

Silver Member

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 546
I will google my butt off, I need to lose the weight.

Silver Member

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 547
Dissnetwork lawsuit orgyy:
http://dockets.justia.com/search?q=Echostar+Satellite+L.L.C.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1954
Hey Creek, most times a little junk in the trunk is a good thing!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16018
xscess: I read the article at multichannel.com. I then read the only comment posted after the article, and here it is.

Just curious if you actually spoke to a rep from Dish Network. The court document hit the net last week and Dish Network has yet to make a press release on the subject. If you look at the header at the top of the document you will notice the lack of proper spacing between letters and numbers and the color of the font is wrong when compared to other court documents. Dish Network is typically very quick to comment on judgments in their favor. Did the representative you spoke with say anything on their lack of comment on the issue?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us