Samsulg HLP5085 bulb replaced, still not working

Username: Friar93

Post Number: 1
Replaced the bulb, but the Samsung digital readout is still showing me that the bulb is faulty. TV seems to cycle through its normal startup but the bulb never turns on.

1) what else can I check that would give this faulty bulb indicator
2) is there any way to actually test the new bulb.While I assume the bulb is good, id hate to go nutty and find out it just broke in shipping

thanks

Username: Jaymora2009

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 2
Hi J Teague

The bulb or lamp could not be necessarily the issue here, you should look also for the ballast as one of the reasons why your tv not turning on, when you turn on your tv do you hear a rapid click noise a humming or a buzzing sound? if your answer is yes, then you got an issue with a weak ballast, here is how a ballast works: A ballast is an electrical component used with a fluorescent bulb (or mercury vapor lamp or arc lamp) to conduct electricity at each end of the tube. It supplies the initial electricity to the bulb that creates light, and then it regulates the amount of electricity flowing through the bulb so that it emits the right amount of light. I hope this gives you a better understanding of how things work and also my advise is to seek the help from a technician in your area or try www.nesda.com?click=48426 which is going to give you a list of certified technicians in your area.

Good Luck!.

Username: Friar93

Post Number: 2
thanks a ton...a good summary and ill take your advice to track down a technician.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us