Plymouth

Bronze Member
Username: Hikmatprinter

Post Number: 36
which one should i buy solaris or phoenix?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10760
Rahim

If you budget is enough for Phoenix buy this one, faster processor than more memory.
Solaris is also a very good receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
One last question before I buy it, will I have to change my dish too to make it work? Rightnow I have dishpro with 2 lnb 110 and 119

Bronze Member
Username: Nicegirl

USA

Post Number: 31
It`s against the law

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5880
nope rahim u will be fine,
k1pro is another option too..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15997
Rahim: From your name it seems you would be looking for Indo Pakistai channels. If that is the case you need Dishpro plus dish - not a dishpro dish. Or you can get a no name 33" Dish. You will also need to have a special LNB for 118.7W where most of the International channels are.
Look at this URL. Whereever you buy you would need something like this.

http://transatelectronics.com/store/33inch-dish-w-1187w-dual-lnb_P390

Username: Howru

Post Number: 4
it means we won;t get any international channels (zee,sony, etc....) without Dishpro Plus dish with LNB for 118.7W. correct?

I am having same DishPro 500 but it;s very hard to upgrade 33inch or Dishpro plus becase current dish on roof and can not install surround home.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15998
Transat Electonics is advertising a special 24" dish for 118.7. I have only seen the ad and do not know if it works. They call it "The Little Giant."

http://transatelectronics.com/store/satellite-dishes-24-round_CA151_67_153

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Thanks nalin but i am more interest in English channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
I M getting my Phoenix today can you guy give me instruction to set it up or any link from where I can get instruction.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Plymouth can you please help?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10786
Rahim

Go to Menu>Internet>S/W Upgrade>S/W Version Check then Update.

Do a factory default then scan your satellite like you could do with a normal receiver then do a hard reboot.

Check this list for the channels available and wait on a channel up.

Enjoy!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
so i will not have to do anything like connect with my pc, download file

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10790
Rahim

I forget it, you have to hook the receiver on internet.

If you can't see the Version 1.53.0, you will need to load the file with the Null cable from your PC.

Here is the Loader:

http://currentbins.com/nfusion/Phoenix/

Do a factory default then scan your satellite like you could do with a normal receiver then do a hard reboot.

Now go to Menu>Internet>S/W Upgrade>S/W Version Check then Update.

Post Number: 5
rahim, are u using Dish pro or Dish Pro plus dish or any other dish size? just want to confirm

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10794
I'm fine!

Thank you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
I think I have dishpro with two lnb

Post Number: 6
ok . I have same dishpro with twp LNB. let us know when u get channels so I could buy same receiver what u brought.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 516
Anyone foolish enough to buy an IKS system will buy anything so I am selling shares in the Brooklyn Bridge.
Are you not aware that your ip address can and will be traced?
Besides that IKS is about dead since one after another the makers of the IKS unit and dongles are being shut down an sued.
If you think the end user won't be targeted after all the manufacturers you are wrong, they will have al the info you provided for purchase and shipping, then the letters will start to come just like DTV did some years ago.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3345
Who gives a sh1t if they track me. Come and get me. Don"t be such a wuss. There are other things in this world that i worry about more than getting busted for stealing sat signals. Get a life and stop trying to scare newbies it makes you look stupid.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16022
Anybody who has been around in the FTA world as long as Slo_hand2 would know the hazards. They are worth listening to.

Silver Member
Username: Topy

Post Number: 125
bought 24 inch dish from trans..... day before yesterday for my friend, we installed & working fine for Indo/pak channels & 119 but if you will attach another lnb for 110 its hard to get signal, required very neet hand precisely tuned steps. Good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
Who gives a sh1t if they track me. Come and get me. Don"t be such a wuss. There are other things in this world that i worry about more than getting busted for stealing sat signals. Get a life and stop trying to scare newbies it makes you look stupid.

Well lets see I guess you well off financially so you can afford the fines, right?
in addition you don't mind the other possible consequences that might occur?
So be the brave one, but when you get caught don't come crying here that you got busted and now have a record.
As far as scaring newbies, should they not know the Pro's vs The Cons if IKS.
No number of proxies are going to stop the possible trace!
Good luck!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3346
Thanks for the info Slo hand2 i know you are very experienced but I'm Canadian so it don't worry me and i am well off. Also have a nice long record and im sure if i get busted for stealing satellite i will be more worried about getting laughed at by the big red machine. Nalin are you trying to be nice to me?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10823
Slo_hand2

I agree with Gregraf, if you are able to found only one IKS user which is charge for it, post it.

IKS is safe, it's like a lotery, if anybody is charged we wil know it and stop to use it, for now nothing is happened.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3347
Thanks Plymouth i think guys like this have nothing better to do but try to scare people. I am more worried about paying my taxes than i am about getting busted using iks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3348
I think guys like sump who sell iks boxes should worry more than i. This is Canada so if I smoke weed the cops would rather know where i get it from than bust me.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10826
Sump is very quiet this morning, Kbox is alwways down.

But not freeze!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3349
My Phoenix rocks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
I don't want to scare anyone and no maybe no one yet has been traced but that is because they are still going after the manufacturers.
They may never go after the end user, no one knows but why take the chance?
Why is it, I ask you, that everyone I know ( and I know a lot that are) uses multiple proxy servers in an attempt to stay anonymous with their IKS?

You can be traced that has been a known fact!

Anyway my response was not to get into an argument anyone here that know me knows that I am not like that! Over the years I have tried to calm down many a poster here who had nothing better to do then to stir up arguments.
Take what I said with a grain of salt, but just think about it for a minute first before you commit yourself!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3351
Now that sounds alot better Slo hand2

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10828
Slo_hand2

The best way of being supervised is to use the receiver apart from the rush hours of Internet.

The Internet provider doen't supervise in the rush for keep the best speed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 524
To answer the first posters post

Current Reviews of IKS Solutions...

C/P :
The first tested solution has been the Sonicview iHub
Code:

(http://kboxkhub.org)

. The K-Box K-Hub is not nearly as popular as other IKS solutions, and suprisingly it appears to be the most stable solution tested thus far with very minimal downtime and quite an abundance of channels to enjoy. This may change as more users catch on and begin testing this platform. The pitfall so far is that while DN appears very stable, this has not been the case for BEV. As time goes on support for BEV channels are expected to improve.

The IKSlinger
Code:

(http://nfusioniks.org)

was first to give many users access to N3 content on the popular canadian BEV service. First in North American support for N3 via IKS, it was expected that they would do very well in providing a DN solution. This could not be more untrue. The Nfusion solution has been scarred badly as Nova users were restricted from using the first round of DN IKS testing based on the support groups claims security issues among clones are preventing them from giving support to Nova owners. In a bad move, Nfusion Nova owners were told they needed to upgrade to a Solaris with a special upgrade network card. Then a week later, even those who purchased the upgrade were again dead in the water. The community had come up with its own Nfusion Nova workaround modification of the Solaris/Phoenix release and the Nfusion team shut it down along with those who had purchased the upgrade card. As for channel support, the Nfusion offers the least amount of channels on DN and channels have been dropping on BEV as well. We strongly advise staying away from the Nfusion until a final remedy to the Nova issue is clearly indicated.

The CNX Dongle solution
Code:

(http://cnxdongle.org)

has arrived on the scene very recently. At this time we are awaiting the arrival of a compatible CNX Nano system along with the dongle. This dongle device is not compatible with Mini, Duo and Trio Conaxsat models, however a new version of the dongle is expected soon. From the accounts of members of our community, the CNX Dongle solution is supposedly perfoming about as well as the Sonicview iHub solution. This includes a good amount of freezing and stability issues. We will provide more detailed information once we begin official testing at the lab.

Hope this helps

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1775990#POST1775990

BY the way FYI!!!

Liverpool Sky TV Box cheat is jailed in UK first

Aug 29 2009 by Tony Martin, Liverpool Echo

THE first person in the country to be prosecuted for using sophisticated technology to illegally access Sky channels has been jailed for four months.

Keith Cairns, 45, from Croxteth not only sold unauthorised decoder boxes but also charged his customers a monthly subscription fee - and if they did not pay they would be cut off.

Miles Bennett, prosecuting, told Liverpool crown court that Cairns had been selling the unauthorised decoder boxes which contained software enabling the user to access Sky channels without having a decoder card and by using the internet.

The software had been adapted so that the box believed the correct card details had been inserted to decrypt the encrypted signal.

Cairns involvement came to light when an under-cover BSkyB investigator was at a computer market in Manchester.

He saw Cairns running a stall on which thre was a television broadcasting a football match. Cairns explained the signal was being decoded through a server which was part of a card sharing network.

When the investigator expressed interest Cairns said he did not have any with him and arranged for him to go to Cairns' home. At the house Cairns sold him a set-top box and one month's subscription for £165.

He later took out a further two months subscription while investigations continued and on June 18 officials from FACT (Federation Against Copyright Theft) raided Cairns' home in Ashwater Road and seized four decoder boxes.

IMHO - Mr Cairns is not the brightest button in the box but this scam is well known in the UK

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1956
I for one am always happy to hear your opinion Slo. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
Thank you Hawaiian it is appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us