Satellite 118

Bronze Member
Username: Puchatek

Post Number: 21
Is big dish MULTISTAR good for satellite 118?}

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15988
Any dish that is greater than 30" or preferrably 33" and greater is good for 118W.
YOU MUST get the special LNB which costs about $20 or less designed specifically for 118.7. It is a circular LNB for KU band with lower frequencies.

Bronze Member
Username: Puchatek

Post Number: 22
Thanks Nalin Nyda

What is the easyest way to set up this satellite?

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete_209

Post Number: 50
Please andy kowalczyk give him little time.
He will need to do a Google

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15992
You MUST HAVE a special LNB. If you try and use a LNB meant for 119 or 110 it may give you some channels but not the lower frequencies.
Follow the instructions given by the manufacturer of the LNB. Once it is pointing correctly to 119, The general instructions are as follows:
LNB frequency 9750-10750 or 10750
LNB type Universal 2 or standard.
First TP 11715
Do a blind scan. Or get the full TP list from Lyngsat and make sure you have the list and do a full scan.
Depending upon the make and year of manufacture of your receiver, you may have Anik F3 already listed and set up with the full LNB list.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 535
what you need is a linear lbn! they can be found everywhere on the internet, try fleabay!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10836
Slo_hand2

He need a circular LNB which work on both frequencies, circular and linear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
True!

Silver Member
Username: Sump

East coast USA

Post Number: 178
he question is maybe not asked properly ...

what sat's do you want to recieve ? only 118.7 & 119?

if you want 110, 118.7, 119

then dish 500 plus ... and you will have option of adding 129

Silver Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 175
hey Nalin,
I have tried the setting but I can't get interenational channels.I am getting most of the channels on 119 and few others on 118 but only interenational I get are sab and star. Can you suggest something..Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
All the post asks is:"Is big dish MULTISTAR good for satellite 118?"

Silver Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 176
I am sorry but I didn't want to start another post when we are still talking about 118. I am sorry if you think I took over the post.

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
NP just wanted to get post back on track, not your doing,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16043
shawn said: "I am getting most of the channels on 119 and few others on 118"
There are several possible reasons.
1. Your dish size is inadequate - it must be 33" or more
2. Your LNB is inadequate. You may get some channels using the 119 LNB but you need a special LNB using a frequency of 10750 or lower.
3. Your IKS service is not providing all that you want. Kbox has maximum available Indo-pakistani channels and Nfusion is fast catching up.
4. If you are doing a scan, perhaps all the TP freqeuncies are not there in the TP list. Got to lyngsat*com and copy all the TPs (32 in all) valid for 118W into the Anik 3 list. If you can't add, you may set up a separate Dish in your receiver software and add all the TPs listed.
5. You can use LNB type Standard or Universal 2. for Dishpro LNB use LNB type Dishprop or DP.
6. You should use LNB freq 10750 or 9750-10750 as appropriate.
7. You can also bypass some problems by doing a blind scan. In a Blind scan you might scan as many as 62 TPs which means that your scan has incorporated all the TPs of Anik3 and all of Echo 7; however, you may find that the TP freq. that the blind scan got are different for the Echo 7 list. You can ignore this. They will often be off by 500.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us