Mitsubishi VS-60603 No power, click then shuts off

Username: Magraft

Post Number: 1
Hi.
I have a Mitsubishi VS-60603 60" TV (1999) that just wont turn on. The ready light comes on, I hear a click then it shuts off. I tried the Menu and Input btns - but get no error code. If anyone has a technical manual or has solution for this, please reply to this thread or email magraft@yahoo.com. I have searched everywhere but find manuals for all BUT my model TV.

Thanks

Post Number: 2
As an add-on, I did open the unit and found Capacitor C556 burnt out (2kv). Replaced, but same symptoms. Again - any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 4
Answer I got on another site, for those having same problem
"you need to replace your convergence ic's it sounds like and The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICA'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICA'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,".
--
I ordered the kit, replaced the STK's but did not see anything else visually wrong. Getting same behavior. I will now go through component, by comp to try isolate where my problem is.

Username: Slowmotion

Hey, have you fixed your tv yet i have the same model with the same exact problem?

Post Number: 5
I have not yet fixed the TV. Sadly have had it sidelined for a bit, but should resume this coming week. Like i said, i did replace the STK's but had not checked on the fuses. Everything "looks" ok, but something might be messed up. i will post my findings. Have you opened your unit yet? anything burnt?

Post Number: 2
Nah I haven't opened my unit. i'm trying to do more research. I have tried unplugging the unit for a day and then i plugged it back in, it would stay on without shutting off, but then I still wasn't getting any picture, just a blue screen with several light white curved lines going across the blue screen. Its been a couple days now and the problem of it shutting off has returned.

Post Number: 3
Nah I haven't opened my unit. i'm trying to do more research. I have tried unplugging the unit for a day and then i plugged it back in, it would stay on without shutting off, but then I still wasn't getting any picture, just a blue screen with several light white curved lines going across the blue screen. Its been a couple days now and the problem of it shutting off has returned.

Post Number: 4

Post Number: 6
Giving up on this baby. What I'm gonna do is look for another unit, that has other problems besides power and Frankenstein it. Will update.

Post Number: 5
yeah I have given up on it, It was my uncle's tv and he lives an hour and a half from where i am. The last i checked there was some black liquid on the board. and a technician told me that this liquid could have possibly come from the picture tube, and if so this liquid probably short circuited the board.

Username: Raysteve

I have had same problems a few weeks ago. Some of my mitsubishi car parts were replaced by the mechanic and it cost me about 2000 bucks for the replacement and repair.really expensive.
http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw/mitsubishi-car-parts.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us