Changeing a DVI to HDMI internally Adaptor don't work

Username: Terrbo40

Auburndale, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Mitsubishi WS-48315. That has a DVI port in the rear which was fine,Until I up dated my A/V Reciever and Blu-Ray player I have updated the cable and the adapter and still no picture when going through the Onkyo TXSR607 and it is the 2nd unit we have tested all of the equipment and it works fine until it has to go through the DVI convertor accroding to Onkyo it is a soft ware problem with the HDCP program. So is there a way that I can change the DVI connector to a HDMI connector or is there some where I can get the Schematics to this TV so I can Figure out how it can be done to solve my problem? Unlesssome has a better Idea short of buying a new TV}

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2502
­
I have had good success with a 15 ft. 28AWG Monoprice HDMI cable going into a DVI-D male to HDMI female adaptor. The pin configuration on the DVI adaptor should look like this:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/JohnS45/DVID.jpg

The main difference here is that I'm connecting from an HD-DVD player directly to an older LCD-RP with a single DVI input. I am not going through a receiver.

Providing that you are using the right adaptor, your setup should work fine through that new Onkyo. However, I'm not so sure that you and Onkyo are correct in blaming the TV. To test this, I'll suggest you try connecting directly to the TV from the Blu-ray player. Your old Mits is definitely HDCP compliant and it should work.

Auburndale, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
JOHN_S thanks my adapter does look like that, and the Blu ray straight in does work fine it just going through the A/V Reciever. Now the guys at HH Greg talked me in to trying a Yamaha with it I was able to turn the chip off but know I get the same HDCP issue with the cable box so I just can not win for losing. But I do agree with you from what I under stand this TV is HDCP compliant it just seems to get lost in the cross over. You would think that they would do a better job of makeing this stuff compatible or a better way to up date pre existing equipment.

Auburndale, Florida USA

Post Number: 3
Good thing I never got around to getting an electical eneineering dergree. There are to many little piece that need to be designed and made avaible,for the little guy

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2503

quote:

But I do agree with you from what I under stand this TV is HDCP compliant it just seems to get lost in the cross over. You would think that they would do a better job of makeing this stuff compatible or a better way to up date pre existing equipment.

Of course the TV is HDCP compliant, otherwise the direct Blu-ray hookup would not work. I have the feeling that I will have the same problem if I update my old receiver to one that supports HDMI. It would be going into my old Hitachi LCD-RP (2003, also purchased at HHGregg). So I feel your pain.

I'm surprised to hear you got a Yamaha receiver to work. This doesn't speak very well about Onkyo does it? With regard to the cable box, I would call the cable company and insist on a different (newer) box. A new one may not solve the problem, but it is worth a try.
­

Auburndale, Florida USA

Post Number: 4
Yamaha did it right when it came to the HDMI hook ups, unlike Onkyo there are 3 diffrent setting that the HDMI upconversion chip has right now have it set at straight thru I have yet to try the other setting. Like the Onkyo it dose have the 9.1 channel surround sound I have yet to figure it out a lot of the stuff on this system is automatic but I have yet to see it work But I am still learning the system while righting this I just found anouther setting that just might solve my problem, since I can not o back to Onkyo, I don't know if HK's reciever would work or not (just a Thought)

Cable company will be here sunday for there are a hand full of problems with it now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us