NFusion or Sonicview or KBox ?

Bronze Member
Username: Hardwarecrazy

Post Number: 70
Guys, I am confused about buying one of SD FTA from:
1. nFusion Solaris
2. SonicView 360
3. KBox K1 Prodigy

I know that nF & SV have been around for a long time in the N2 era and SV was distinctly better as for as programming was concerned with less support needs, but KBox is popping up frequently as a good one in the N3 era.

Your thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 104
Go with either SV or Kbox. You can use both as standalone when n3 is cracked. For nfusion, you always need it to be connected with internet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Good point, Pegg. What about freezing etc? Picture quality ? Once they get the info from Internet, can they be taken offline?

Username: 5355

Post Number: 8
nfusion and kbox is good

Bronze Member
Username: Stinko_dinko

Zip Code 99559955

Post Number: 64
Hardware, all IKS boxes are required to be connected if you want to watch TV. I will suggest you to wait until Sept/Oct and see for sure if IKS is the only way, on the main time you can subscribe to cable basic or whatever and save yourself some money instead of buying an expensive IKS box that you won't use anymore

Silver Member
Username: Rescate

VENEZUELA, M...

Post Number: 384
kbox

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Hardware, I have not tried nfusion. But as far as kbox and sonicview is concerned. The picture quality is great. I like kbox better than the basic model of sonicview in terms of picture quality.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15632
Nfusion

A lot of BEV channels.
Some DN Channels.
Few PPV starting to come through.
No Internationals of DN
Good picture quality
Very few freeze ups
kbox

Very few or No BEV channels.
A lot of DN Channels.
No PPVs
Lot of Internationsal of DN
Good picture quality
Some freeze ups
Sonicview 360

Very few or No BEV channels.
A lot of DN Channels.
No PPVs
No or very few Internationsals of DN
Good picture quality
More freeze ups but improving

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Hardware, I have not tried nfusion. But as far as kbox and sonicview is concerned. The picture quality is great. I like kbox better than the basic model of sonicview in terms of picture quality.

Username: 5355

Post Number: 9
picture quality is great.
on k box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
You guys are all super! Thanks a ton!

Bronze Member
Username: Joseluis

MeXiCaLi

Post Number: 66
you have to bring NANO and NANO2 to this discussion, btw im not sure you could run nano2 on stand alone fix, does someone know?

Username: Kbox

Post Number: 10
yes BEV channels. up and kbox
A lot of DN Channels.
No PPVs
Good picture quality
Some freeze ups

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10198
Pegg Mcintosh
Silver Member

Post Number: 104

Posted on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 03:46 pm: Edit Post
Go with either SV or Kbox. You can use both as standalone when n3 is cracked. For nfusion, you always need it to be connected with internet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

False my friend

The Solaris can work stand alone and don't need USB port because you can send the bin file directly in your box from your computer.

The best for now is NFusion the first IKS and the best with many channels on both providers and only minor freeze.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3160
I think you are correct also Plymouth. Im sticking with them even though they stuck me with my Nova.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10200
Greg

I don't know the Nova but the Solaris is much better that I toughed.

You was right when you says NFusion ROCK

Gold Member

Post Number: 3162
My nova still works great and i dont mind bev but i miss vh1 classic

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
Thanks Plymouth. Good to know that Solaris can work standalone with direct data transfer. That's amazing. I did not know about it. How about nFusion hd? does it work standalone?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10204
Pegg

I don't know for HD(stand alone), but I thing it is same thing, the new NFusion's are very better than older and are not so cheaper.

The way to load file in receiver from your computer is a little to dangerous for bad ppl, so I do not post how do it for our security, I have to do some test to know how made it safe to use before give the way to do it.

One thing is sure, this Solaris is a very good receiver, much better than what I heard on Nova, faster, very good picture and the support is the best of all IKS with minor freeze then always up.

Bronze Member
Username: Terebichan

Post Number: 61
Nalin Nyda, you are a little bit wrong

Nfusion

A lot of BEV channels. (very very few in french)
Some DN Channels. (recently add some Latino) nothing on NOVA
Few PPV starting to come through. (recently few VOD)
No Internationals of DN (very few, arab, india)
Good picture quality (limit)
Very few freeze ups (suns currently goes down)

kbox

Very few or No BEV channels. (few)
A lot of DN Channels.
No PPVs
Good picture quality
Some freeze ups

Sonicview 360

Very few or No BEV channels. (praticly ALL exept PPV and TV5 sd)
A lot of DN Channels. (All and one PPV punctually)
No PPVs
No or very few Internationsals of DN (few Arab, India & Chinese)
Good picture quality
More freeze ups but improving (freezing only on few BEV channel, more stable on D!SH at this time)
---
All these boxes are same gimmick their coders have more bandit profile than intellectual and work for resellers not for customers.

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 286
I don't own a SV or Kbox, but I'm loving my Nfusion... so much I'll probably upgrade to an HD box this week.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15634
And accordingly, people like ................. who tried dozens of times with different names are definite total failures.

Q.E.D.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3167
What a LOSER

Gold Member
Username: Lol

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, , ADMIN TO BAN YOU

Post Number: 1602
does your nfusion get PPV ?

sv has VOD ppv 5816 to 5825 more soon

But Nalin Nyda only has a pansat so she wouldn't know this

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10209
Paulette

NFusion get all VOD idiot read a little

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/580807.html

Sonicview is in back of NFusion with 2 files out in only few days.

NFusion ROCK!

Silver Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 260
plymouth whats your tought on vs ??? think it will come back ??? thanks

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10210
xtremebj

Latest news is that VS experiment few little freezings but the file is workable, the reason why they doesn't put it out is not known for now, but it will be because the court charges on leaders of Viewtech.

Bronze Member
Username: Xtremejohnjohnson

Post Number: 23
I can only comment on nfusion and kbox, since I've ran both for a little bit.
kbox is not freezing as it's what I mainly use to watchtv, so wanted to clear that up. The channels that are up and I don't see any freezing at all.

People go on and on about kbox's picture quality, but to me it's about the same as the nfusion. I would give the kbox without a doubt many advantages.

1) kbox will eventually support standalone if N3 is broken, nfusion stopped supporting it for N2, so after years of not supporting it, there's an easy assumption
2) How nfusion treated nova users and how kbox treated hero
3) nfusion pvr is horrible, while kbox's pvr is actually pretty decent over all

As far as channels, it's been mentioned that kbox had preminums, but not anymore. Kbox has more internationals and adult channels, but nfusion has some PPV (VOD) and the premium channels. I'm sure kbox is going to get the premiums back.

The thing I like about nfusion is when it boots up, if there's a new bin that came out, it will ask you if you want to download it with your remote control. kbox doesn't have this feature, second kbox has implemented a way to download with the remote control, but the download isn't working, but is in the works. Right now nfusion's features/capability in that category is much better.

With all that being said I would buy a kbox over an nfusion and there's a reason why dealers are 2 weeks back ordered. kbox are the hottest thing selling right now and there's a reason. If you want HD I would probably go with the sonicview over the nfusion.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10213
James

You don't give one good reason for not buy a NFusion, you talk about old Nova which is not very good at all, the Solaris offer you to record on your computer and it work fine and the picture quality is very good.

Solaris support stand alone.
Bad receivers must dissapear one day or the other.

NFusion is always up!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
James, you have some very valid arguments. And so are others. This thread has been very good so far and gives a good view of the plus and minus of the three receivers and will be invaluable to those who want to make a decision. Keep your arguments coming! How about support from the three fellows? Are you happy?

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 599
Which one offers MPEG-4 decoding ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Plymouth

Nfusion can run standalone but nfusion team cannot write a bin an never do that ;-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
VOD are also available on SV, if Nfusion can SonicView can do 2 times better. ;-)

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10215
Hiroyama GUCHISADA

For me NFusion is a alternative solution, I will return with Viewsat if they put out the final N3 solution, the only who can work on SD MPEG4 with Captiveworks, Sonicview doesn't have a receiver ready for it.

The Outer Limits

NFusion Nuvenio HD PVR High Definition is MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 ready.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Plymouth
I'm not sure if your aware, but I have a nova and a solaris, so I'm familiar with what it's capable of doing. Nfusion stopped supporting standalone way way before N3.
When N3 is cracked, you can be pretty sure that they aren't going to change their mind and start supporting standalone. I don't remember when they stopped supporting standalone, but it's been at least a year if not much longer.

nfusion made a bad business decision when they just left nova users to hang. Why couldn't nfusion do what kbox did and give the users free upgrades or at least say 50% off or something, instead of screwing over the users. If kbox gave users free upgrade and trade ins and nfusion didn't, for me nfusion has a really bad business practice and because of this I will not support their hardware.

We will all upgrade hardware eventually, when HD improves, PVR is integrated and better and better hardware comes out, we eventually all upgrade. For instance my pansat 2700 was getting television just fine, but even if it worked today I'd rather upgrade to get faster scanning, better epg, better PVR, better picture quality.
They should let me decide when I need to upgrade, instead of stop supporting certain hardware.
Like I said if Kbox gave their users free upgrade, then nfusion should have done the samething.

There's speculation that many upset nova users are all jumping to kbox, which is why nfusion's team is working around the clock to have any many channels as possible.

Now when it comes to PVR, I know the nova, solaris and kbox prodigy. The kbox without a doubt has better PVR. The PVR isn't flawless or could use some fine tuning, but the nfusion timeshift or pausing liveTV....... doesn't work. It's the difference between connecting a hard drive to the kbox and using your network and another computer for the nfusion box.

I'm trying to be as far as possible, but I can't give nfusion any advantage, except they have more preminum channels right now, which I believe won't be the case in a few weeks or months. Their IKS server with integrating to download the new bins is working, which kbox is working on and the feature is there, but it's not working.

I'm really trying to dig deep and say that nfusion solaris has some advantage over the kbox and I'm struggling here.

Oh wait........ I do like it that nfusion has built in ethernet, which I'd just prefer to have a box that has it built in than what CNX, Sonicview and Kbox are doing with their hubs. But that's a small gripe

Nfusion has an HD box, but even at that I would consider the sonicview HD. Sonicview's standalone bin was known for being up the longest, they have a great team, but I don't own one and only know a few people who own one. But since sonicview supports both IKS and standalone, I'd give the advantage to sonicview.

The biggest problem with the HD from sonicview is that it costs about 100 dollars more than the nfusion.
I hear that sonicview has been experiencing some freezing, which kbox doesn't do any freezing. They had some freezing on the 300 channels, but they removed those channels while they are working on improving them as well.

One thing I've noticed about pansat, viewsatt, and nfusion is that they have all given dates and some have been off big time. Kbox is so quiet it seems, but i'm new to kbox myself as I haven't had one too long.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10218
James

You have many good point but since N3 is on, NFusion still have the best support with faster files out, Bev is not available on KBox, that's why for me this box is not in the competition.

The futur will give us the winner.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 600
Thanks info Plymouth. Expensive however !

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10221
The Outer Limits

Yes expensive but Dn SD MPEG-4 ready, King says that many receiver will not work but, what I know today is: Viewsat, Captiveworks and NFusion are ready.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
kbox has bev, just not as many as nfusion. For a long time they weren't supporting bev, but they have some bev channels. I don't point to bev and don't keep up with bev, but kbox does get some bev.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15638
James Johnaenel: I am particularly interested in ZGUJ and/or TV9 Gujarati. Please check and let me know. Thanks.

Username: Turdblossom

Post Number: 2
The recently arrested Jung Kwak aka Ducklet is supposed to have an interest in SV & KB, so take this into consideration

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Nalin Nyda
Is it on 119 or 110, it's all I'm pointing to right now

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15641
ZGUJ was on 118.7. May have disappaered completely

TV9 is on 118.7
TP 11728 H
SR 20000 FEC 7/8
Channel 807

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10225
Nalin

ZGujarati is #623 NFusion down, KBox down and Sonicview down
TV9 #807 NFusion down, KBox down and Sonicview down

The receiver who give more Indian channels is NFusion if we add Bev and Dn.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15642
Thanks, Plymouth.

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 469
the only who can work on SD MPEG4 with Captiveworks, Sonicview doesn't have a receiver ready for it.
Upload

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10229
Cumley

Try to found MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 in Sonicview Spec.

Nothing at all!

All Sonicview are MPEG-2

SV-HD8000

* ATSC (VSB) Tuner (Samsung NIM)
* QPSK Tuner (Sharp NIM)
* RS232C, 3 RCA Output for CVBS Video, Audio L/R, 3 RCA Output for Composite
* (Y,Pb,Pr), S-VHS Output, SPDIF Digital Audio AC3 Bitstream Output, HDTV Output
* Fully Comply with ATSC HDTV (VSB) & DVB-S MPEG 2
* Decodes All ATSC HDTV Standard Video Formats Including 576i / 576p / 720p / 1080i
* Down - convert HDTV to SDTV
* Selectable Output Video Format : 1080i / 720p / 480p / 480i
* 2 Tuners : ATSC Tuner (Sharp,NIM Type) & QPSK (Samsung, NIM Type)
* USB 2.0 PVR Function Supported : 1 Channel Record & Play with an external HDD
* EPG Supported, Channel Naming Supported
* Full Colors & User Friendly GUI for Easy Control
* Highly Speedy Channel Changing Time : Less than 1 Sec.
* 6,000 Channels Memory Capacity for TV & Radio Programs
* 8 Favorite Channel List Group Programmable
* Channel Sorting by FTA, CAS, Satellite, Alphabetic Order & Network
* Zoom In-Out Function for Watching Screen
* Various Aspect Ratio with4:3, Letter Box, Full Screen & 16:9
* Background Graphic Display for Radio Program Channels
* Parental Lock Function using Master PIN Code
* Automatic NTSC / PAL Detection and Simple Video Converter (NTSC <-> PAL)
* Blue VFD Display : 9 Character 1 Line
* Real Time Clock
* Low Power Consumption Supported : Less Than 5 W in Stand-By Mode
* DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & USALS / 22KHz Switching Control Supported
* HDTV Output Connector
* S/PDIF for Digital Audio AC-3 Bitstream Output
* S-VHS Output Connector
* Component Output with 3 RCA Jacks : Y, Pb, Pr
* 3 RCA Jacks for CVBS Video & Audio L/R Output
* RS232C 9-PIN Connector : Twisted Cable
* PC to Set S/W Downloading using Window based Specific Program
* Set to Set S/W Downloading (Main Program & Channel List Data File)
* Useful Luminous Universal Remote Control Unit
* 2 Year Manufacture Warranty.
* Made in KOREA
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15643
Plymouth: You have to watch this Chumley. She posts and ridicules to try and make you post real answers to stuff she can't answer in other forums and then goes and posts this information there.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10232
Cumley

MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 is not like MPEG-4 standard but use 1 MPEG-4 channels for provide 2 SD channels

Learn!

Bronze Member
Username: Ragi48

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 44
Thanks Nalin: (Any body who can suggest!)
But still I am in dark. You did not suggest to me which receiver you would buy if you were in NYC. As I mentioned I have 110, 118.7 and 119 satellite dish for DN. Please suggest to me the receiver (Kbox, Nfusion or Sonicview) to watch both local and desi channels. Right now I do not have any on Viewsat and any I get is gravy.
thanks in advance

Gold Member

Post Number: 3171
Chumley don"t post Nalins info on other forums because it could cause a lot of damage to many receivers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15644
Mike: For you with your needs and location , as of today, kbox with khub is best. A few more reception problems compared to nfusion but on the whole that is your buy today. Thing could change soon ad Nfusion is catching up on DN chanels and and already has BEV channels.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15645
Chumley does not post Greg Ruffian's info and pictures on other forums because the Ruffian's trash is NOT allowed on other forums.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15647
Chumley: I have no clue why you should post your venom, 10 minutes after I have already replied to a query.

Bronze Member

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 45
Nalin:
Thanks for your quick and kind reply.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15652
Greg Ruffian, LK's perpetual sidekick had to post!!

Bronze Member

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 46
Gentlemen:
Could any one post the Website (s) where I can read about installing and downloading recent files for K- BOX (prodigy). I just bought a Kbox and wants to install it.
thanks in advance

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
ftabins.net for all files to download and "how to" guide. You can also check the following link here at ecoustics:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/577069.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15659
PROdigy and KHUB setup
Credit goes to Hedo2002:

Okay this guide is meant to address the setup of a KBox PROdigy along with the BLACK khub with the KHub logo on it. This guide is NOT applicable to the OLDER silver KHubs.

1. Connect the KBox to the coax, and power up;
2. Load the UNZIPPED bin 2.01, (or later as they are released), onto your USB;
3. Insert the USB into the port;
4. When the explorer screen appears use the remote arrow buttons to highlight the bin;
5. Press OK
6. When the bin is done loading the KBox will reboot itself;
7. Setup and scan your satellites in the menu
installation dish settings menu;
8. Go to menu installation options and change Stand alone to network;
9. Set ALL AU in the same screen to OFF.
10. Plug the ethernet cable into the port on the khub;
11. Plug the khub DIRECTLY into the KBox serial port
, (NO cables needed);
12. Load the UNZIPPED khub.rom file, (found in the khub activation v2.0 in the files forum), onto your USB;
13. Insert the USB into the KBox, highlight the KHUB file on the screen;
14. Push OK;
15. When the file has loaded remove the USB from KBox;
16. Using the switch on the rear of the KBOX, reboot the KBox.

Tune to an ACTIVE NAG 3 channel, (CNN 200), is a safe one. Then wait a couple of minutes and tv should begin to play.

Bronze Member

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 47
Nalin:
Thanks once again. You are an asset and it is no exaggeration.
Mike

Silver Member
Username: Mkvl1490

Post Number: 183
Football season is coming

A lot of games is on different cities local channels

Out of these 3, which is more reliable for local channels come football time

Lets say for instance, WGHP - I mainly focus on that channel

Bronze Member

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 48
Hello Nalin again:
I have just one simple question regarding internet connection to Kbox with ethernet. Can I use power line ethernet to connect since the router and computer is on the 3rd floor in the house and it is cumbersome to run an ethernet cable to the living room, hence I thought of power line connection. Do you think, if I did so, the connection would be bad or the signal quality is inferior. Kindly fill us on this.
again thanks in advance

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15664
Direct wired internet connection - Best.
Powerline adpators (plug into your home wiring at two place) - 2nd best.
Wireless connection - 3rd in efficiency and reliability.

Having a line of friends and children with hands locked - might work, I never tried it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Makaveli I don't know about nfusion or sonicview, since I don't have either hookedup, but local channels in my area are not working with kbox

Bronze Member

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 49
Rico:
Thank you very much for the advise. It is invaluable.
Thanks also to Nalin for his correct advise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us