Nalin Plymouth help please

Username: Nicegirl

USA

Post Number: 1
nalin or plymouth i need your help with direct tv dish pointing.am using 2 old single lnb probably legacy, same old dish i used in fta days.i use 2 separate dish, i am in small town ohio very rural, my father farmer. i used these dish and lnb on dn dtv and fta over years.

i used to point dishes some years ago at 119 and 110 dtv to get all i wanted. now i point and only able to get one sat so far. is this 101 sat something new? i used to only point at 119 and 110 any help pointing dish please.

also do not remember if i can use sw21 switch with direct tv, i believe i did? sw21 can be used with dtv on legact lnb right?

thank you all

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3209
search the forums here for poor mans dish. it will tell you everything u need to do.
use only a disecq switch, one cable from each lnb to ports 1 and 2 on the switch, then set up the ant settings the same way. there arent any channels on these sats unless u are using an IKS receiver

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15618
The DTV LNBs are only good for one Dish Network Sat. You said you have two dishes and if you have two LNBs, you could try using a $5 diseqC switch to see if you can get them pointing to 119 and 110 and process though the switch. But first try and get the two dishes lined up for 119 and 110 separately and test each directly into your receiver.
Note that all of DN is gone over to nagra 3 encryption.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10185
Country Girl

You not mentionned your receiver and how many?

You can buy 2 single LNB's and use a Diseq switch if you use one receiver, 2 diseq switch if you use 2 receiver and your LNB have 2 output, for more receiver you use a DP-34 or DP-44

Use this utility to aimed your dish:

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Good link for choose and set the switch:

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Installation.htm

Good luck!

USA

Post Number: 2
thank you kind sirs,this not for fta but for legit sub with direct tv. live in isolated area hook dishes up myself.have done it many times. i do not want to buy anything because i have it all ready. used same dish lnb in past for direct tv. i have many dishes and i only able to grab on to one satellite. i can get preview channels good. but i am only on one sat i need the 2nd.

how close is dtv 110 and 119 to dn 110 and 119, i can get both dn on 119 and 110 yes i know fta dead this is for legit dtv sub.

if i can get 119 and 110 on dn, should i not be close to dtv 119 and 110. my memory not so good. now i have one sat in like said with dtv preview channels.

yes nalin i try just dish to receiver to find sats. this 101 sat is new to me, it may be that i am on it. the sat i am on is about between where you get bev and where you get 110 dn.

from where i am standing behind the dish, dn 110 is right on 12 oclock. dn 119 is at about 1:00

the direct tv sat that i am on is at about 11 oclock

can anybody tell me what dtv sat i am on at 11 oclock it may be 101? I may have tree issues since last had it hooked up for direct tv been years.

but like i said i have had bev and dn 110 and dn 119 for about 3 years at least, should i not be able to still get direct tv on 110 and 119? the trees where never a issue before.

so i do not even have to worry about what switch to use until i find both sats.

help

isnt sat 101 quite new ?

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton_on

Post Number: 68
http://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-tv-dish-pointing-canada.htm

this is google map supported site
zoom it to your home and choose the
sat of your choice
you can even see which corner of your yard you should point your dish to.

i find this site easier to use than the others.

USA

Post Number: 3
I THINK MAYBE I FIGURED IT OUT ?

it has been so long since i had direct tv that i no longer need 2 dishes to get the stations? is this right? i went to lyngsatdotcom and it seems the stations that used to be on 110 and 119 are now on 101 satellite? i spent hours trying to bring in the other satelites and just kept hitting the one. i believe i am on sat 101 and it has all the english stations i once got on 110 and 119, can anybody confirm that this is the case.

so i only need the one small dish right?

USA

Post Number: 4
I THINK MAYBE I FIGURED IT OUT ?

it has been so long since i had direct tv that i no longer need 2 dishes to get the stations? is this right? i went to lyngsatdotcom and it seems the stations that used to be on 110 and 119 are now on 101 satellite? i spent hours trying to bring in the other satelites and just kept hitting the one. i believe i am on sat 101 and it has all the english stations i once got on 110 and 119, can anybody confirm that this is the case.

so i only need the one small dish right?

USA

Post Number: 5
I think i found my answer

The 18" dish had a Dual LNB that looks at one satellite. The satellite is positioned at 101 degrees and sends all the main programming that is offered in the DirectTV packages. The 18x24" dish has TWO Dual LNBs and is set up to see two satellites... the 101 degree and the 119. The 119 degree satellite sends additional programming such as the NASA channel, ParaTodos Spanish programming, other foreign language programming and HDTV channels.

only need one dish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us