IHUB froeezing terminated. This is how you do it.

Silver Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 182
copy and paste from ftabins
http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?p=556912#post556912

k so far this has been working amazing, i went from a freeze every minute to none ....
its super easy to use too, you open it, put a checkmark in NO Proxy if you dont have access to one and put a check in Auto Start and then press SAVE settings and press START at the bottom you see what your ip address is that the router gives you so remember that .... go to your sv and in ipconfig menu, go down to Use DNS and go on NO and on ip address put your computer ip in there go down to Apply and then power down the sv and reach behind the stb and hard reboot it (OFF then ON) and that should be it ... if you have a proxy server you can use im sure you can figure out what line to add it in the Blackrock .... hopefully this works for you guys like it has for many that i konw so far

I don't got ihub but got a 360 sonicview. if this resolves the ihub freezing issue. I might give it a shot.

Silver Member
Username: Rescate

VENEZUELA, M...

Post Number: 378
thanks for the tip, I will try this on kbox

Regards

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 559
This sounds like eliminating any proxy server used to go directly to a server and then put an IP address for that the server in lieu of a named domain thus eliminating DNS service requests. That all saves time ! Makes sense !

Bronze Member
Username: Tj88

Post Number: 15
Blackrock works wonders. Almost no freezing.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15586
Outer Limits: How will it affect privacy, etc., issues that are uppermost in the minds of people?

Silver Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 183
So it works huh! crazy! I think I'll try the ihub now. but awaiting a few more responses.

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
Nalin I could not say ! Only IKS software developpers could answer that. But forcing software to ignore a PROXY site sure looks bad... Remains to be know if that checkbox really works or is only a fake !

There is also one disadvantage in not using a named domain. If they decide to change the server location or IP address, the DNS server would know about it. But if you have a fixed IP address plugged in, your IKS would stop working. Forcing you into researching the new IP address. Not a terrible drama however.

But it is very OK to plug in a fixed IP address. Works faster.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15592
DNS server and IP translation part of your reply would become troublesome if they are constantly changing servers, otherwise not - troublesome but manageable if the frequency of change is less than weekly.

I am very concerned about anybody trying to connect directly to server with its IP address; that lays him.her to attack by the big lords of the signals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
Yes true !

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10142
Guys

It seems that you just discovered how my NFusion is connected.
Proxy doesn't work well at all

Bronze Member
Username: Blue313

Post Number: 71
I agree, it's been working flawlessly today. No freezing, changing channels is immediate, all channels up and running. All this and we're still on a beta bin. I must say SV is doing a great job

Bronze Member
Username: Terebichan

Post Number: 56
For my part SV have never really frezzed because my net setup was good, but i was banned from dummy chat because they tell i'm lying about the stability of SV, now when they discover the right way to use i-hub i hope that somebody who reply to SS and sakefatcat about they are very friendly moron. ;-)

Gold Member
Username: Lol

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, , ADMIN TO BAN YOU

Post Number: 1597
new stb files Plus new ihub firmware

read the instructions very carefully

zero freeze

Bronze Member
Username: Grampabob

Post Number: 14
Is that SV receivers getting both B*V and DN channels? (minus PPV I realize) DO you need the ihub attachment to get them too?

Gold Member
Username: Lol

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, , ADMIN TO BAN YOU

Post Number: 1601
yes ihub needed
yes both providers working
hd on both 5300's on dn

since 7:30am this morning only had two micro freezes one each side of 1:00pm zero since

working beautifully

oh and

The purchase has been confirmed

UFC 100
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us