How to hack basic cable............(very simple)...

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5764
its good for people who don't have iks reciever and wanna watch something,
all u need is internet connection from same cable company that also provide internet connection

c&p
Drawing on old-school methods to splice cable TV lines for unauthorized use, hackers say they can buy a splitter at the local electronics store and easily run an additional line from the cable modem (news - web sites) line for the computer into the television. Without a set-top box, the result is free, basic, analog cable; with an illegal converter or set-top, hackers say they have access to premium channels such as HBO and Showtime.

"I only get (basic) cable. I don't subscribe; it just comes to my house along with the cable modem signal," said Noah, who wished to keep his last name anonymous. He saves roughly $40 a month on cable but spends about $42 a month on Internet access.

"Lots of people do this if all you want is analog cable," he said. "All cable services are run through the same line; they can't just cut power to analog cable and still give you a cable modem."

Cable operators have battled this form of piracy for years, but it's taking on new urgency in the race to build high-speed Internet service. Broadband providers are struggling with costs, with AT&T just last week instituting a price increase for cable modem customers.
}

Silver Member
Username: Picanha

East LA

Post Number: 544
That's old news you dumb f-u-k-e-r

Bronze Member
Username: Tabbas_view

Post Number: 24
Sada, can you explain more, do you know which splitter? how to do it exactly?

Silver Member

East LA

Post Number: 546
sada
Gold Member

Post Number: 5758

Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 12:31 pm: Edit Post
just fu*c*k of u fu(*cking moron...

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1652
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 3102
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5765
esvaldo, most newbees have no idea about it,
but u are thick head,
tab, its quite simple,
depends on who is ur internet provider and sat company , if its same company
example shaw internet also have shaw cable,
if u have internet service from shaw, just buy a splitter , it cost $ 2-3 at any dollar store,
just put a splitter from (internet cable that is comming out side and put one cable in to modem, the other one back of ur tv)..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5766
and rico that is extreme testing

Silver Member
Username: Greatful

Post Number: 150
i have at&t ethernet not cable internet can i still get basic cable

Silver Member

East LA

Post Number: 548
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5767
Upload

esvaldo is very easy to recognize in this pic,

Silver Member
Username: Applebees

Post Number: 179
sada's got the wrong guy....

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1657
greg
Silver Member
Username: Greatful

Post Number: 150

Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 09:27 pm:
i have at&t ethernet not cable internet can i still get basic cable

Greg you will need a Ethernet to RG6 adapter. Ask the girl at Radio Shack. Don't let her tell you that they do not have them. They keep them in the back because they are illegal.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10059
Here in Quebec city, the cable enter directly in home and the Modem cable is in home but the provider put a special gadget on the main cable who block the analogic cable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1658
Plymouth is right as usual. Don't waste your time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
what about US, is it the same?

Silver Member
Username: Dharm_ram

Post Number: 175
any idea if this works with Rogers in Ontario?

anyhow, I have two cables coming out from the socket, one is for internet and other may be for cable tv which is ofcourse not opened from rogers system, this is what was informed me by the technician who installed internet modem.

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 883
It is BS... Plymouth is right.. they block it.. i have tried it before and only got CBC and omni2 ... There is a filter which only Rogers has access too.. if u r lucky u might get it coz tech forgot to put a filter but usually rogers dont make mistakes like that...

Bronze Member
Username: Lokbongtom

Post Number: 55
cable provider use put the frequency filter in order to block analoge tv signal !

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 521
http://www.eaglecomtronics.com/Products/Cable_TV_Products/Traps_/Data___Modem_On ly_Filters/data___modem_only_filters.html

Username: Oh_cmon

Post Number: 1
I live in Ontario, and have Persona (Eastlink) Internet. I used to subscribe to thier cable, as well. I have canceled the cable portion and still use the Internet but I am still able to get cable channels 2-6 even though I don't subscribe.

Username: Pannui6

Post Number:...

Im sorry i really dont have a clue im just a stupid newbie who like to butt in where im not wanted. My dad still calls me trash.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1663
pannu LOL!

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2992
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qYhEp6mIjg

How to Build a Cable TV Descrambler

Silver Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 645
tab mak
Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 12:13 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what about US, is it the same? Yes

The number of channels you will receive
will depend on the type of Internet Service
you have.

With a standard Internet Service you will receive
a standard TV Service around (60) channels.

All you need is a 2-way splitter 5-900 MHz.
Try Radio Shack, Home Depot , Wal-mart,
K-mart or a Hardware store, they all sale
this splitter less then $5.00 watch TV.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10070
Doreen

I don't think this Descrambler work on Cable with a filter.

C/P from there:
http://www.cabledescrambler.us/cableFAQ2.htm

20. What kinds of channel filtering are there?

There are two types of filtering - positive and negative. Positive filtering is when a cable company injects cable noise or interference into a particular channel at the head end.

This interference will cause this channel to appear snowy, may have flashing lines, and usually has beeping type noises. Sometimes positive filtered channels are almost viewable, sometimes they are very bad and not viewable at all.

The solution to positive filtering is to get inline filters that screw into the cable. These filters remove the interference and clean the channel up so that it is viewable . Each channel that is being positively filtered requires a filter ( this means one filter per channel is required ).

Negative filtering is when a cable company broadcast a certain movie channel unscrambled ( just like all the basic channels ). If a customer does not order this movie channel, then a filter is put inline outside at the pole or in the lock descrambler.

This filter completely blocks out the channel from reaching the home. The only solution for negative filtering is to subscribe to channel (s) that are being filtered (or trapped out) and then the filter (s) will be removed-thus allowing the signal for these channels to reach the house. Negative filtered channels are usually completely snow -sometimes a very faint picture can be seen.

Here in Quebec city, it is a Negative filter

Gold Member

Post Number: 5776
don't even try descrambler

i bought one when i didn't know about fta,
after 2 months i got a bill of $ 200 for ppv's i ordered,
its waste of money ,

Bronze Member
Username: Babe_ruthless

Post Number: 61
Yes,as posted Rogers cable puts a filter on the line to block out channels.You would have to remove the filter at the cable box to get any channels.I had a friend that did this and it only lasted 6 months because Rogers returned and put on another filter(routine check up I guess).He just received a reminder at his door that he needed to contact Rogers to resume his cable viewing(No accussation of it being tampered with).That's the low down folks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1671
FTA TESTER you are WRONG again.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3191
first u cant get cable tv with an at&t dsl internet connection. no ethernet to rg6 adaptor will help u. lol
its not stealing cable. When u pay fo a cable internet connection, u are also paying for basic cable, it is just a hidden cost. 42 bucks a month is an awful lot for just internet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5784
danten yep true .............

Username: Artfuldodger

Can a cable company detect if a filter has been tampered with?

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
Yes they regularly roam in neighbourhoods and visually look at the splitter boxes in the posts. If you removed a trap and their sheet says you are not a subscriber, you are stealing telecommunications and go to jail.

Some operators affix colored tags to cables to signal who gets what. Do not move tags around. You are dead otherwise !!!!

You need a special tool to unscrew the filter.

If neighbours see you playing around in a ladder near cables, they will call either the Police, the Cable Company, Electric Utilities or the Fire Department thinking you are about to commit suicide electrocuting yourself.

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
I meant "and visually look at the splitter boxes up the poles"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1680
Thank God you didn't mean that you "visually look up splitters at poles".

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
LOL

Amazing the fact that once posted, even if you re-read your text many times before posting, you notice so many errors....

If it is not your syntax, then the semantics is wrong and if both are correct, then someone find a double meaning or an overseen cultural note....

Well, that is the price to pay for not being a born English speaking person.

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton_on

Post Number: 53
The Outer LimitsSilver Member

Post Number: 540
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 05:09 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes they regularly roam in neighbourhoods and visually look at the splitter boxes in the posts. If you removed a trap and their sheet says you are not a subscriber, you are stealing telecommunications and go to jail.

Some operators affix colored tags to cables to signal who gets what. Do not move tags around. You are dead otherwise !!!!

You need a special tool to unscrew the filter.

If neighbours see you playing around in a ladder near cables, they will call either the Police, the Cable Company, Electric Utilities or the Fire Department thinking you are about to commit suicide electrocuting yourself.

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3194
u can unscrew them with pliers, its not a big deal. the thing u need to do is find a cable tv installer thats off work, get him to come to ur house and connect ur cable wire to the splitter on thepole. he would do this for a 1 time fee of around 50 bucks and he would put a green/ yellow tag on the wire at the pole saying it is legit. this is all they look fr when "roaming" the neighborhoods. or u can climb the pole urself and connect it. u wouldnt have the green tag, but it would last a long time if u live i a rural area.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15549
What you are suggesting is downright illegal and probably criminal.
You are talking about the actual wiring illigelly!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3198
oh, I never said it wasnt! Its as legal as PTA tho...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5801
agree with danten,
definately lots of installer who lost their jobs from cable provider's,
know all about that stuff and will do the job properly..

Username: Artfuldodger

Post Number: 2
Let me add something to my question.
Does the filter (trap) send a pulse to the cable company to indicate what signal is getting through and what's not?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3199
no

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
The trap is passive. No signal is sent back upstream.

Cable companies have and will sue you if you get caught for theft of telecommunications. That is a $15,000 fine. Cable companies have done it frequently in the past.

Think FTA (pure FTA) if you want to watch free TV for now. And rabbit ears (or an external decent Yagi antenna). You can't get caught using those.

And all ON-THE-AIR stations will be broadcasting in digital mode (not necessarily HDTV) by 2011.

A bright future lies ahead for rabbit ears and Yagi antenna manufacturers.

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 430
Unauthorized reception of cable service

(a) Unauthorized interception or receipt or assistance in intercepting or receiving service; "assist in intercepting or receiving" defined

1. No person shall intercept or receive or assist in intercepting or receiving any communications service offered over a cable system, unless specifically authorized to do so by a cable operator or as may otherwise be specifically authorized by law.
2. For the purpose of this section, the term "assist in intercepting or receiving" shall include the manufacture or distribution of equipment intended by the manufacturer or distributor (as the case may be) for unauthorized reception of any communications service offered over a cable system in violation of subparagraph 1.

(b) Penalties for willful violation

1. Any person who willfully violates subsection (a)1 of this section shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned for not more than 6 months, or both.
2. Any person who violates subsection (a)1 of this section willfully and for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain shall be fined not more than $50,000 or imprisoned for not more than 2 years, or both, for the first such offense and shall be fined not more than $100,000 or imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both, for any subsequent offense.
3. For purposes of all penalties and remedies established for violations of subsection (a)1 of this section, the prohibited activity established herein as it applies to each such device shall be deemed a separate violation.
-------------------------------------------------------
Police blotter: Wedneday, July 1, 2009

James Pi****, 49, of **** Townline Rd., Bergen, was charged with theft of services for allegedly stealing two months of cable service from Time Warner Cable, the Genesee County Sheriff's Department said.

The time frame involved was between April 21 and June 24 of this year, the Sheriff's Department said.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15554
Yes. The penalties for obvious theft are well defined and the decisions are also well defined and repeated all the time.
Long drawn out cases are all related to ill-defined areas of theft and issues bordering on theft and in conflict with basic rights.

Bronze Member
Username: Shredd3r

TORONTO

Post Number: 64
What does this splitter filter look like? I'll give it a shot.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10103
The Outer Limits
Silver Member

Post Number: 521

Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 08:39 am: Edit Post
http://www.eaglecomtronics.com/Products/Cable_TV_Products/Traps_/Data___Modem_On ly_Filters/data___modem_only_filters.html

Look this site posted by Outer Limits

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10104

Gold Member

Post Number: 1687
Genesee County Don't fock around.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1688
I have heard that they made one cable pirate wash all the county's sheriff cruisers for a month,

Gold Member

Post Number: 3200
this one time... at band camp... they made a cable pirate stick a flute up his pu55y. lol

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1193
american pie ftw!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us