Kbox on dp34

Bronze Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 91
I am trying to setup kbox on DP34 switch. I wonder is it possible, or I have to replace DP34 with DiseqC.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5750
from african...
, i would like you try out dp44 switch, it should work perfectly well because it has a power supply to it,the problem lies with dp34,which does not have an external power supply

Gold Member

Post Number: 5751
but diseqc shouldn't have any problem
are u not getting signals?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15530
The choice of switch is dependent on the LNBs.
Some LNBs don't like DP34 and some don't like DiseqC.
The choice of switch has nothing to do with the receiver you are using.
If you do not have a switch and you are sure DP34 will work, then better to use DP44 as it has a power supply.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
I am now getting signals and got 65 channels on 118w, but still scramble channels. i was unable to to install kbox.rom file through usb. My kbox detect usb, but does not show .rom file. The file is on usb though as i can see it when I attach it with computer. khub is also attached and the light is static orange. Do i need to download the factory file first

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Sada,
I have downloaded dot Rom using RS232 cable, still static orange light on hub with scramble channels

Gold Member

Post Number: 5754
pegg which model it is ?
pro use black cable so make sure u are using it,
go to menu, network and press ok,
what it says there,
make sure ur usb is formatted,
try to put usb , turn on the rec again,
may be this way it will work,
how is ur setup? are u connected through router?

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 429
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KBox now has a NEW hub, There is NO reason to get one if you already have one as it does NOTHING different than the previous versions this one is slightly more refined and sports a KBox logo.

For the PLUS model you WILL still require a POWER adapter and the SERIAL cable as well as a female to MALE serial adapter.

For the PROdigy model it will plug DIRECTLY into the serial port, NO power adapter, NO NULL cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Sada,
I've kbox plus, I've downloaded the khub.rom using serial cable (black wire) from my desktop. The internet is coming through ethernet cable: one end is in the internet router and the other one is in the khub. The khub light is static orange. When i scan, I get all channels, but all are scramble

Gold Member

Post Number: 5757
did u change the mode to network from option ,
did u downloaded the 201 file>

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3162
hey if you are getting some channels, then it is not a switch problem but more like a settings problem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
yes, i did download 201 file. I do not see "option". I only see "installation", "configuration", "network" etc but no "option" or "mode."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Thanks Sada and Africanbrit for your help.

It's all figured out by reloading 201 and khub.rom and using the white cable to connect khub with kbox plus.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5769
u are welcome pegg,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us