KBox question

Bronze Member
Username: Loverboyz

Post Number: 52
For any Kbox product do you need to connect the receiver to pc all the time? I know you need internet connection which i am fine with that. I already have nova right now. i am thinking of buying a new receiver. I was reading on K-Hub but don't understand how exactly it supposed to work. Do you really need a dongle to use kbox? Can u you just use router to connect kbox to internet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Found what i needed:
· From your router or Internet modem, run a network cable to your K-HUB and plug it in. The network cable should "click"
into the port of the K-HUB.
· Connect the serial cable3 from your K-HUB to the back of your KBOX receiver. Make sure that both ends are firmly
plugged in.
· Plug the AC adapter to an electrical wall outlet or power bar and connect it to the K-HUB for power.
· Turn on your KBOX receiver.

I wish these receivers had ethernet cards :-(

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5747
john its same as how nova works,
nothing different about it
only difference is
that nova has ethernet port in back
while k1plus don't which is why there is khub which has serial port and ethernet adapter , so from kbox there is null modem cable that goes to ur khub and khub as plug for etherrnet plug..
so both are same..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Thnx sada for the explaination, do all kbox receivers need khub. Which one do you recommend to buy? Should I wait few more days before i make a move, do you think nfusion will come with some news on nova

Gold Member

Post Number: 5748
john k1pro or plus both are same
both needs hub
i own nova and so far very dissapointed with shi*tty support and tired of ss bullshi*t...

if u are looking for internationals i don't think nfusion team is interesting in getting those,
nfusion killed their own reputation,

i will recommend u to buy k1plus ,
or if u would wanna wait,...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Thnx again, I am looking for internationals that why i have decided to make a move. How old is k1plus? Do u think i should be good for atleast 1 yr with this receiver? I don't won't make the same mistake i made with nova.

Username: Bububu

Post Number: 1
Hi! SADA or anybody. I see you guys help lots of people. I just receive my Kbox Pro . And I am trying for couple hours already to conect this receiver to the network . And I try everything and still have message MODULE IS NOT CONNECTED.
Please help..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5749
good until nagra 4 lol

Username: Bububu

Post Number: 2
very funny...

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 428
Victor, read the following

Nalin NydaPlatinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15483
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:39 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"K-Hub Troubleshooting (updated)
C&P from hedo2002..........Updated version.......

Here is a comprehensive HELP guide if your experiencing issues with connecting via your HUB.

First let's make things CLEAR. The HUB is NOT produced nor "sanctioned" by K-Box. K-Box simply produces FTA units, the HUB is a THIRD PARTY device with THIRD PARTY software.

Okay let's first distinguish there are THREE versions of HUBS. Each has their own version number.

If you look at the hub you will see a series of numbers which begin with:

09006, THIS IS a NEW version and does NOT ship with a power adapter, Power is supplied via the BLACK CABLE, It comes with ONE BLACK cable, which is used to activate AND to run IKS.

They are all basically identical, the PRIMARY difference is 08003/09001 do NOT arrive pre activated.

So if YOUR hub came with BOTH a BLACK as well as white/grey/cream Serial cable
then it is NOT pre activated.

If you have the BLACK cable then the FIRST thing you MUST do is activate your hub by connecting it via the BLACK cable to your PC, you must then LOAD the (p) file, found in the files forum into your hub to activate it.

Now let's assume your hub IS activated. The following steps will help you rule out potential problems and eliminate them as the cause of no connection.

- Be sure to use the BLACK cable for activation and for connecting the hub to the K1 PROdigy, the white/grey/cream cable is for connecting the Hub to the K-Box K1PLUS.

- TEST your LAN cable, on a PC, (disconnect current cable and try the one you use with your K-Box).

- Ensure the settings in the MENU under Installation -> Options are set to MODE -> NETWORK, and BOTH autorolls are set to OFF

- IF you are using version 08001 or 08002 version hubs, these "tend" to connect better using the STATIC settings with the DNS servers settings as 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2. You may choose your OWN ip - the first THREE sets of digits MUST mirror those of your router IE 192.168.1.X. the X may be a number of your choosing within the range of your network. IE 16, (BUT it MUST NOT be the same as ANY other device on your network, so you should check to see what IP's are currently in use on your network.

- version 08003/09001 seems to work fine on the DHCP settings.

- You may ALSO, (especially if your using MTS or ALIANT as a ISP) change the DNS server settings IN your ROUTER to the public DNS Servers of 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2). These ISP's servers will NOT permit your K-Box to connect, if you use THEIR DNS servers.

- check that your serial cable is a RS232 STRAIGHT thru cable, for the K1 PLUS, and a NULL modem for the K1 PROdigy, and that it is good and functioning.

- check to ensure you are using the AC adapter that CAME WITH the hub, do NOT use any other adapter, this could render your HUB a door stop.

- There will soon be a NEW file released which will permit you to do a "factory reset" on the HUB. This file will simply return the hub to it's FACTORY settings but will NOT affect the "activation" status of the hub.

IF after doing all the above try the following:

Unplug Modem
Unplug Router
Unplug ANY wireless devices used with the K-Hub/K-Box
Unplug HUB
Turn k-Box off via the rear switch.

Wait at least 30 seconds then re plug each device IN the SAME order that you unplugged them IE modem first, router second.....

Then reboot, (turn on), the K-Box make sure the mode is set to NETWORK.

The above info IF followed correctly should correct 99% of ALL connection issues.

If you still can't connect, then ask in the forums for assistance."

Userna
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us