Connect Cable TV through SV 8000 Receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Varius

Post Number: 35
Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible to connect my regular cable tv (coaxial) through my SV 8000 receiver? I tried sticking it in the RF IN but doesn't seem to be any way to watch it.

Any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Shenanigans

Post Number: 90
connect it to 'antenna in'. then connect 'tv out' to your tv set. it will work then.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9931
Like Shenanigans says hook your coaxial out from receiver in TV coaxial, the receiver doesn' t convert RF signal to Video signal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Shenanigans:

By antenna in, do you mean UHF in? On my receiver all I have is RF in, UHF in and LNB in.

Basically, here is my situation:

I have a HD Projector setup. I also have a HDMI switch with multiple HDMI inputs. My satellite receiver, PS3 and DVD are all connected to it by HDMI, everything works great.

I have cable tv I'd also like to be able to watch when needed; all I have is the cable, no cable box. Regardless, my cable company doesn't have HD boxes with HDMI output yet so wouldn't matter.

I'm trying to put the cable in to my SV 8000 HD so it will be output to the HDMI switch and thus, the Projector.

Is this at all possible ?

Alternatively, could I get some kind of coaxial-to-hdmi switch/adaptor to use for my situation?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9935
Keith

You must use the input RF for the cable provider.
UHF/VHF is RF.

The receiver can't convert RF to HDMI

Put the cable in RF input of your HD projector(if available) or use a old VCR for selected channels and use S-Video or video out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Plymouth,

Yeah I guess I will need to pickup an old VCR - my projector doesn't have an RF input, only has HDMI, S-Video and Component inputs.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9936
Keith

I don't see any other solution, VCR or DVD recorder with built-in tuner sold in Walt-Mart store for 100$ or less.

Bronze Member
Username: Shenanigans

Post Number: 91
If you buy a dvd recorder with a QAM tuner it will pass through any unencrypted channels (including HD channels in HD) on your cable system. This possibly includes some channels you cannot even receive with the digital cable box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us