Need Help - No signal on 2 satellites

Bronze Member
Username: Desi_bhai

Post Number: 13
Guys,

I have basic subscription to DN and when I go to check System Status I see that two satellites are not showing no connections. I did the test connections and onyl 110 shows Positive.

I am afraid I have screwed the switch when I disconnected the cable from my VS Ultra with power on.

Instead of calling DN and pay $100+ to them, I want to see if I can fix it myself.

Please help me to suggest what I can do. Do you think it's problem with the switch or the cable?

Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15415
You probably ruined the switch. Try and get a new switch and reconnect with receiver power off

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3159
if dn installed the switch,it will most likely not blow
because they use a dp34
and if you have a dispro lnb then the switch is built in the lnb, which is equally hard to blow

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1524
DN should not charge you anything. They will come between 11am and 4pm. Sometime next week.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks Guys. The switch is indeed DP34. I have another switch that came with VS Ultra I can try it to see if that helps. But the switch that came with VS Ultra is a 2x2 switch and I have 3 cables coming from my Super Dish.

Based on your experience can you guys think of anything else that may be causing this to happen?

Bronze Member
Username: Macra12

California USA

Post Number: 61
what kind of dish do you have?

if its a dish 500 with 2 LNB's , you have a built in switch in the LNB....

make sure your port settings are set correctly in your set-up menu on the receiver....

port 1 is echo 119

port 2 should be echo 110

Bronze Member
Username: Macra12

California USA

Post Number: 62
oops, my bad I didnt see the superdish statement..

but Im sure its most likely port configurations... looks like your aimed at 3 dishes...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15422
As Africanbrit said, you have a DP34 designed for three satellite inputs and four outputs. You have have indicated that you have three cables coming down for three receivers. We do not know yet whether the output(s) from the LNB or LNBs on the Dish are 1 or 2 and whther there is another sat or a local antenna attached to one of the inputs of DP34.. That info could through more light on the matter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Hi Guys,

I have attached the images for the dish and Switch.

I have played around with the ports with no luck at all. I only get 110.

When I didn the System Status process on DN receiver it detected problem with 2 satellites.

I have a Super Dish, 2 LNBs, and 1 Switch (DP34). Please see if the images can provide more details.

As you can see I have 3 cables coming from Dish and 2 cables going towards two receivers. Please note that I only use 1 receiver but if you want me to try I can hook 2 receivers (My VS Ultra and DN HD Recevier) and see if the problem is with the cable going to the main receiver that I use every day.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15425
3x4 Multiswitch

Dish Network DishPRO DP34 switch

3 Orbital Locations, 4 Tuner Outputs DP34 Switch Features

* The first switch in the new DISH Pro Technology series of LNBFs and switches.
* Three inputs for use with up to three orbital locations.
* Four outputs for connections up to four tuner inputs.
* Three "trunk" connections, to "trunk" to another DP34 Switch.
* Does not require power insertion.
* Can be used indoors or outdoors.
* DishPro switches may be cascaded 3 switches deep and are DiSEqC Compatible.

Special Considerations

* Can only be used with DISH Pro LNBFs (DISH Pro Twin LNBF for two orbital locations (110A° and 119A°), DISH Pro Twin LNBF with a DISH Pro Single LNBF for three orbital locations or up to three DISH Pro Single LNBFs).
* When used with a DISH Pro Twin, the LNBF operates in its default state: one port provides 110A° and one port provides 119A°. Either port of the DISH Pro Twin can be connected to any two LNBF ports of the DP34 Switch.
* Tuner Outputs: DISH 301 and DISH 501 have one tuner, and would use one DP34 tuner output; DISH 721 has two tuners, and would use two DP34 tuner outputs.
* Up to three DP34 Switches can be "trunked" together, for connections up to twelve tuner inputs (12 single-tuner receivers (DISH 301 or DISH 501), or a combination of single-tuner receivers and two-tuner receivers (DishPVR 721).
* There must be at least one DISH Pro receiver (or a legacy receiver with a DISH Pro Adapter) connected to the switch at all times to provide power. The receiver can be connected to any receiver port on the DP34 Switch.
* DISH Pro Installations can support up to 200' RG-6 cable lengths, from the LNBFs to the furthest receiver. DP34 Switches can be placed anywhere in the installation, but placement closer to the receivers is recommended.
i· Two styles of DP34 Switches will be sold. Both switches provide identical features and functionality, but have different exterior cosmetics.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks again Guys. I checked the port but still not signal on satellite except 110.

Please help me on solving this problem.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9913
Desi

Hook it directly with a coupler ans see if it work.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us