Irresponsible and naive statement by afridi

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 709
Karachi, June 24: The Indian team under Mahendra Singh Dhoni was reluctant to play against Pakistan in the Twenty20 World Cup and it showed in their attitude, alleged flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi.

Even though the arch-rivals did not meet in the main tournament, they featured in a sold-out warm up match and Afridi alleged Dhoni and his men did not look keen to play Pakistan even though they claimed so.

"I was a bit disappointed. It didn't appear to me by the attitude of the Indian players that they want to play against us," Afridi told after his arriving home this morning.

"On the face, they said they would like to see cricket between the two countries but I think in their hearts they thought otherwise. Their attitude and behaviour while playing against us showed this," Afridi said.

Pakistan and India have froze bilateral cricket ties since the Mumbai terror attacks last November with the Indians cancelling a scheduled Test tour earlier this year.

Afridi said he still believed that cricket could heal relations between the two nations and bring people together.

"I always say use sports to foster good relations and remove misunderstandings," said Afridi who starred in the tournament both with the bat and ball.

He said Pakistan had proved critics wrong by winning the World Cup when everyone had tipped India and South Africa as favourites.

"I think our performance is a lesson for other teams. We are world champions and I hope teams will now come to Pakistan."

Bureau Report

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1516
Can somebody ask Ecoustics to start a Cricket forum?
And then a NFL Forum
NBA
MLB
?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5583
devin i watched the whole match and i didn't see anything like that...
well different people have different opinion..

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5584
Rico , i did asked admin..
but no answers from admin..
nba mlb are not supported on ecoustics

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 710
LOL...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »