Whats goin on?

Bronze Member
Username: Zenn

Post Number: 28
I haven't been payin much attention to the sat. fixes since I got rid of my clst 5000 and 6000 when support stopped for them. whats n3 and what works?

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1422

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/575066.html

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 294
Kelly, from what I have been able to find out, over the last several weeks, Dn has switched entirely over to the latest encryption method, N3. (nagra3)
As of now, no one has broken the encryption. There are rumours that it will be soon that the break will come. That is just rumour. There appears to be two approaches to getting Dn back without having to pay for it. One is to wait for the stand alone software fix, the bin file, while the other is to share a sub via internet. The first is not working at this time for anyone. The second is working for several different boxes whose support group decided to go the internet route. That is where the PTA community stands at this time.

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 295
I am still trying to find out, but I believe any bin file solution will require one of the newer boxes to work. That has been the general consensus from what I have read. That isn't set in stone, but most of the threads I have read lead one to believe that to be the case.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us