Need Help Connecting IKS KHUB wirelessly with the network

Username: Dj_prince

Post Number: 5
hello i need help to connect my khub wirelesslly with the router, i have got two wireless routers one of them is connected to the internet modem and i was just wondering if its possible for me to connect the other router that iam not using directly to the khub and then connect both of the routers together , my tv and reciever is on the first floor and internet router is 2nd floor.

is it possible to create a static ip then then connect them together , ? please help

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1379
DJ
That is not the way to go. You need a network bridge. From what I read the simplest option is
- SLINKLINK POWERLINE ETHERNET BRIDGE.
Using your AC wiring to make the bridge.

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1466
DD-WRT if your router model supports it

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5384
yep rico is right
u need powerline ethernet adapter...

Post Number: 6
thanks Rico , paul, sada.,

Paul i have the lynksis with DD-WRT firmware, can i connect with khub? and how the other router is from my isp which is connected to the internet

Silver Member
Username: Frobi

Post Number: 362
Wont work. Best to get powerline ethernet adaptors. Google it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1467
copy paste

Here's how to configure your DD-WRT to work with the iHub.

1 - Make sure you have a working WiFi connection available.

2 - Take your DD-WRT box and set it for "Repeater-Bridge" in the wireless - basic settings.

3 - plug your iHub into the DD-WRT port (1-4), the repeater-bridge setting disables your WAN interface.

4 - make sure your DD-WRT router is configured with same wireless SSID, Channel and WEP security key as your main unit at your site.

Post Number: 8
thanks alot paul i will try to do that, if successfull i will update the results

Post Number: 9
Hi paul i tried to do what ever you said but ihub has a orange stable light on it any advice?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5413
Dj first of all u need to see that if u see if u have wireless internet connection using that router on ur latptop etc?

Post Number: 10
ok how can i check that? should i connect the router that is connected to the ihub to the laptop?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
thanks sada now i have connected to the internet, what should i do next?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
it has green light on and channels is promting connecting.......please wait , how would i add geo news

Gold Member

Post Number: 1491
make sure ports 80 and 1920 are open or set hub ip for DMZ

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15350
In all setups of this kind, i.e. whether you are setting up for Internet telephoney or Internet gaming or ihub with wide open ports, you have conflicting needs.
On the one hand, you need absolute security and a proper firewall for the real internet traffic. On the other hand, for the internet telephone or ihub to work properly they must sit in a "DeMilitarized Zone" i.e. have DMZ enabled for the device and not enabled for the real internet browsing. Some of the more recently made Wireless modems have this setting availability through simple idiot-proof embedded software.
Make sure though that you DO NOT set up the system such that the whole system is open to attack from outside.
You may also need to do some setups in the browsers allowing certain sites more access to your computer than others. As newer "software ihubs" come into the picture this will become increasingly important.
When in doubt, consult a Guru, because the last thing you want is an outside site gaining access to your computer through inadvertently putting your computer in DMZ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
HI my wireless is wide open there are no security encryption, so should i just go to dmz and disable it ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Nadin and sada or paul thanks for your advices , i am getting STAR ONE , doest that means everything is setted up accordingly?, besides that iam not getting any other channels , is this becuase they have moved to 118W? iam currently pointed towards 61.5 .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1494
oh you only have 61.5 ?

nalin b i t c h b u g g e r o f f

this is just for a test

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15353
"make sure your router is configured with same wireless SSID, Channel and WEP security key as your main unit at your site"
In other words if you also make sure about this level of security, you will be OK. Consider the following analogy:

A whole army is encamped is a demilitaried zone. will they go to sleep without some protection? No, they will still have sentries, and other security in place to make sure that only authorized "intruders" are allowed in. Your SSID, WEP and other measures ensures this extra. security.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yes i have normal size of dish not the 33inch Dish, so right now iam just getting StarOne a single indian channel i beleive its still on 61.5, i have setted up DMZ too and triggerd the ports Nalin ,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1496
so if you take the hub ip out of the DMZ does it still work ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
i took out the ihub and it stopped working, plugged it in back it started working

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
between is Bev up with kbox?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15356
DJ: You have a right sized dish for 118W. You can buy a $20-25 special LNB e.g. CB2008A. Make sure you get a LNB designed for Linear/Circular, and specifically for 118/119. Then move the dish to line up with 119 and hopefully you will get more channels with the hub.

Mostly you have to set up DMZ only for the devices you want to be in DMZ.
The other alternative is to put the whole system under DMZ and then protect your computer with a firewall.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15363
Sorry DJ - I misread - You do NOT have a 33" inch dish, so you cannot have 118 till you get one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
hi nalin is nimiq 82 W which is bev up on kbox and khub?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15364
kbox till two days ago, had only Dish channels. Bev channels are up on Nfusion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
hi nalin if i get 33" dish how many bird can i pick with single circular lnb for example if iwanted to get 118 and 110 at the same time can i do that? or do i need dual lnb

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 5417
DJ with 33 inch and circular lnb u will be able to pic 118.8 and 119 west
118.8 is all international channels all + the ones u are missing from 61.5
and 119 dish is for english channel u will recieve those channels only with one lnb and 33 inch dish..
k1plus is not up on bev

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thanks alot sada i will let you know iam going to get the dish , just last question the lnb that i have right now, can i use it with 33 inch dish to get 118? i i specially need to buy the circular lnb? if yes how would i recognize if the lnb iam getting is circular , i mean how to make sure that iam buying the right thing

Gold Member

Post Number: 5418
yes u need specially to buy circular lnb , ask any sattelite delaer they know what kind of lnb are u talking about, ur 61.5 lnb won't work because its linear.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5419
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1494480#POST1494480

dj look at this post by king , there is some good info and pictures in it..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15367
To get 118.7W you need the special LNB. The LNB you have is designed for Freq 11250, and the one that is meant for 118W is to be set for 9750-10250.
The LNB is available for under $20, and has two outlets for two receivers.
http://transatelectronics.com/store/lnbs-1187-lnb_CA151_66_100

The above is a Canadian URL, but there are many on line stores in the USA selling similar products.

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1802
can someon provide like pictures on how to setup a IKS KHUB to a receiver? plz thall help soo much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
next msge with pic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Hi nalin iam uploading some pictures of the lnb that i have right now if has the following spec it says on it

G - Star
CIRCULAR LNBF
Model no. GU-532-02
Frequency Range: 12.2.12.7 Ghz
LO Frequency: 11.25 Ghz

Upload
Upload

please let me know if this is compatible if not then i'll get the one that ur refering to thanks

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1426
looks like you are throwing out the window.
That will not work for 118.

http://transatelectronics.com/store/lnbs-1187-lnb_CA151_66_100

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15368
No DJ. That will not work. What you need is

# Polarization: Circular
# Input Frequency: 11.70 - 12.75 GHz
# LO Frequency: 10.750 GHz or less

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
hi people yes i got 33 inch dish and the right LNB and installed it , and it worked !!!!!! everything is working fine, but some times KHUB light goes yellow and then come back green so is it normal? or its just me ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5450
dj its awesome that u got it working
now with light thing, do u loose channel when light goes yellow, as long as it doesn't effect ur channels its ok..
but if u are exp any freezing etc, then let me know,

one way to check internet connection is go to menu, option, network and click ok if it says network connection "ok" on bottom , its all good,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15375
DJ: Congratulations. Now please try and help others. You may not realize it, but you have a lot of info that you can use to help others in the forum.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15376
sada: I am looking for ZGUJ and/or TV9 Gujarati programmes. If either of these channels become available anywhere, please alert me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5454
yep DJ we all learn and teach to each other...
if every one can contribute , no wonder no one will have any problems
yes nalin i will let u know for sure

Gold Member

Post Number: 5455
nalin the problem is that amount of member request for the channels , but if u asked for it home site they called it bin begging,/chanenl begging..

i wish sat forum create a thread for channel that they wanna see..
but i know lots also see this website too...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
thanks nalin and sada i will for sure share what ever i know from my part, and yes iam not experiencing freezing its just that some times green light goes orange and it goes away but it comes back when green light becomes solid, and yes connections says ok.

it was some adventure to set up all the things, i would like to thank all of you who helped me , all people who have shared their knowledge :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Papiro

Post Number: 44
Please, post pics on how to setup IKS KHUB to a receiver. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
@ Papiro

You need KBOX, i have prodigy
and A KHUB

First you would need to
activate the KHub
go to this website
http://currentbins dot com/k-box/

download K-Hub Activation 2.0 Loader and How-to

its a zip file with loader and couple of other files

unzip > open FT Loader> Open Com 1>select file and then upload file it will activate the KHUB

select FT_a1.25_up(p)

Plug in your receiver and connect the KHUB to the KBOX together with the black serial cable provided.

and then scan as usual

you would need to connect the ethernet cable coming from your home router to the Khub directly and make sure green light is solid and on that means the KHUB is connected to the internet

You would need to have 33inch Dish and a special LNB mentioned above

also from the link download the latest firmware depending upon your kbox model

put it on the usb drive and then insert it to the reciever and update it

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us