Dish size for 118.8

Bronze Member
Username: Blue313

Post Number: 47
Can someone tell me the dish size I need for the 118.8 Anik F3 sat, also the LNB type. Much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1304
A 24" dish with a circular low freq LNB will work depending on your location. As always bigger is better. a dual LNB to receive 110, 119, and 118.8 is avalable. check Ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Thanks rico
I'm in Michigan, I currently have a Direct tv HD dish with dual LNB, its eliptical about 18" i use it to get 110 and 119. if I add a low freq LNB to it, would I be able to get 118.8, or should I buy a separate dish for it?

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1306
fkf
What receiver do you have? Right now it would not be worth trying to get 110, 119, or 118.8 because most of the channels have new N3 encryption. I am afraid more will come soon. It is possible that there will be a fix soon but I would wait to see if it entails new hardware.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15288
While a smaller Dish will take in afew channels, you must use Dish plus dish (30") or a 33" dish for Anik F3. There are NO SHORTCUTS to LNB. Ithas to be a special LNB, such as a CB2008A. Look at the following URL for info. Buy from there or from any online sat store, but make sure you get the right thing.

http://transatelectronics.com/store/33inch-dish-w-1187w-dual-lnb_P390?zenid=440b 9c18059251eead18e81461597668

Please note that there are fewer and fewer channels coming through now because of Nagra 3 encryption. You may want to defer purchase of new equipment of any kind, unless you have KBOX or Sonicview 360 with ihub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Thank you Rico and Nalin,
I'm using a SV Elite 360 PVR with the Ihub attached. My main reason behind getting the 118.8 is the loss of all the Arabic channels on 61.5, I read somewhere they moved them to 118.8 and they are up with the Ihub.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15299
It is a bit confusing.
kbox has DN Nagra 3 channels including many internationals, but no BEV.
nfusion has most of the BEV nagra 3 channels, but no DN channles yet.
ihub (for SV 360) has both BEV and DN nagra 3 channels but no Internationals.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15308
fkf: You may be in luck.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/574899.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Thanks Nalin, I'm heading out to buy a 33" dish now. I can't wait for one to be shipped. I'm to restless. It's gonna cost me about $150 with the LNB from a local store, but to me it's worth it if it works. I'll be back here to post the results tomorrow if the weather permits, it's storming where I am now.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5349
nalin its more likely due to server and how much it can keep up with the channels, and how many servers are required..
thats what i am thinking off,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us