Panasonic DMR-E50 problems

Username: Deadkeen

Post Number: 1
I have owned a number of examples of this model for some years, and keep buying more as mine give up working!

It seems there is an inherent problem with the actual model. . . . . can anyone tell the cure, please?

I always record on Panasonic RAM disks and have purchased new ones to try those, but I finish up with the same problem each time in due course, and when it starts giving me the problem, I know that the "end is near" for the machine!

It is set up in the normal way each time to time shift, but I come back to it to find it has locked out, and has not recorded at all. I am very familiar with the recording procedure after all this time, so I know it is not my fault.

Is there a firmware upgrade at all? I was given this link, but it does not work! http://redirectingat.com/?id=49X85&url=http%3A//www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/st ores/servlet/vDownloads%3FstoreId%3D15001%26langId%3D-1%26page%3DDVDFirmware

I use three identical DMR-E50 machines continually to monitor programmes, and cannot afford dropouts!

Can anyone help please?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4131
The Panasonic recorders are famous for discs slipping because the spindles need cleaned. Open the recorders and clean the rubber on the spindle the disc sits on with a q-tip wet with alcohol. I always clean the upper part that sits on the top of the disc too.

Username: Rolliebella

WORCESTERUNITED KINGDOM

does anyone have the code for the panasonic dmr e 50 recorder?

Username: Rolliebella

WORCESTERUNITED KINGDOM

Post Number: 2
does anyone have the code for the panasonic dmr e 50 recorder?the multi regions code please to play reg 0 discs

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4199
Region 0 discs are all region, they will play on any player.

Username: Smittyd

Jackson, New Jersey United States

Panasonic DMR-E50 took a dump. Removed cover, cleaned lens and spindle with alcohol and it worked fine for one day. Back to "Cannot Read"or "Error-Check Disk. Many unfinalized DVD's. I read somewhere that any newer Panasonic can work to finalize but Panasonic told me no, andsaid all my unfinalized disks are garbageTrue or false??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us