Khub 09002.... Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Topy

Post Number: 42
Question for sada & other who knows the Kboxplus

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I am convenced by other geeks here specially SADA to buy Kboxplus, but I am stuck at first step, this Khub is really tricky to activate, I downloaded the FT 1.25p file & I downloaded bunch of loaders all are belong to kbox, I run Khub activator loader & choosen the FT 1.25p file & choosen appropriate com port, I am using usb to serial port cable & black cable connected in between usb to serial port cable & khub, msg I am seeing only Connecting.... ,, nothing changes I waited 5 minutes & so on.... ,,, red light was blinking continously ,,, no change,,,, I don't know why khub didn't preactivated through manufacturer..... anyway anybody have any, advise pls... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5155
Rk first of all tune in to any dn international any indo pak channel or nagra 2 channels because what i am hearing is that people are tune in to nagra 3 channels that are not up and they are not getting the rec to make work because those channels are not up.
tell me ur setup how u are connected using wireline / wireless ?
the reason why khub is not preactivated because they have to "sell" the product legal way..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5156
Lightbulb K-Hub Troubleshooting
Here is a comprehensive HELP guide if your experiencing issues with connecting via your HUB.

First let's make things CLEAR. The HUB is NOT produced nor "sanctioned" by K-Box. K-Box simply produces FTA units, the HUB is a THIRD PARTY device with THIRD PARTY software.

Okay let's first distinguish there are THREE versions of HUBS. Each has their own version number.

If you look at the hub you will see a series of numbers which begin with:

08002 or

They are all basically identical, the PRIMARY difference is 08003 do NOT arrive pre activated.

So if YOUR hub came with BOTH a BLACK as well as white/grey/cream Serial cable then it is NOT pre activated.

If you have the BLACK cable then the FIRST thing you MUST do is activate your hub by connecting it via the BLACK cable to your PC, you must then LOAD the (p) file, found in the files forum into your hub to activate it.

Now let's assume your hub IS activated. The following steps will help you rule out potential problems and eliminate them as the cause of no connection.

- Be sure to use the BLACK cable for ACTIVATION ONLY, the white/grey/cream cable is for connecting the Hub to the K-Box.

- TEST your LAN cable, on a PC, (disconnect current cable and try the one you use with your K-Box).

- Ensure the settings in the MENU under Installation -> Options are set to MODE -> NETWORK, and BOTH autorolls are set to OFF

- IF you are using version 08001 or 08002 version hubs, these "tend" to connect better using the STATIC settings with the DNS servers settings as 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2. You may choose your OWN ip the first THREE sets of digits MUST mirror those of your router IE 192.168.1.X. the X may be a number of your choosing within the range of your network. IE 16, (BUT it MUST NOT be the same as ANY other device on your network, so you should check to see what IP's are currently in use on your network.

- version 08003 seems to work fine on the DHCP settings.

- You may ALSO, (especially if your using MTS or ALIANT as a ISP) change the DNS server settings IN your ROUTER to the public DNS Servers of 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2). These ISP's servers will NOT permit your K-Box to connect, if you use THEIR DNS servers.

- check that your serial cable is a RS232 STRAIGHT thru cable and that it is good and functioning.

- check to ensure you are using the AC adapter that CAME WITH the hub, do NOT use any other adapter, this could render your HUB a door stop.

- There will soon be a NEW file released which will permit you to do a "factory reset" on the HUB. This file will simply return the hub to it's FACTORY settings but will NOT affect the "activation" status of the hub.

IF after doing all the above try the following:

Unplug Modem
Unplug Router
Unplug ANY wireless devices used with the K-Hub/K-Box
Unplug HUB
Turn k-Box off via the rear switch.

Wait at least 30 seconds then re plug each device IN the SAME order that you unplugged them IE modem first, router second.....

Then reboot, (turn on), the K-Box make sure the mode is set to NETWORK.

The above info IF followed correctly should correct 99% of ALL connection issues.

If you still can't connect, then ask in the forums for assistance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Sada Please don't laugh,,, I actually didn't connected my receiver yet to the hub, I am just activating khub first without connecting with receiver. Downloaded file from net & uploading to Khub,,, Am I doing wrong ? Once khub activated then I will connect to the receiver & do the receiver setup later,,, Is it wrong ? please dont laugh ,,,

Gold Member

Post Number: 5162
first try the khub and plug it in using network cable , see if u get the greenlight,
make sure under option ur mode is change to network and au (autorolls ) are off
then tune in to any nagra 2 channels or dn internationals and see if u have green light.
may be ur hub is already activated,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Ok let me finish my meal ,,, than I will post

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Sada I am back,,, I connected hub to receiver,,, set to 118.8,,, scaned just for testing all channels list I can see,,, mode is network,,, autoroll echo,, autoroll bev off,,, network DHCP ,,, underneath IP address is highlighted can't access,,, BUT NOTICE I AM SEEING CONNECTING PLEASE WAIT.....

what next....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
sada sorry just to mention one more thing,,, hub has red light,,,

Gold Member

Post Number: 5166
what is the light on hub?
which channel are u tune in to which sat?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
earlier I mentioned Red light, star one, 118.8

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
When I am on network screen , at the bottom of screen showing Module is not connected,, it means mudule means hub,,, & showing four options at the bottom save ,,,factoryset ,,, download
,,,, view list,,,, do i need to do something here ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I think hub needs to be activated,,, what u think,,?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
hello sada where r u ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5169
try factory reset see if that solves problem if not then u need to acticate the hub..

do the above as i mentioned to activate it...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
this must be activation problem,,, & activation is not going through earlier I mentioned I did all the neccessory things as u mentioned but problem still there,,, I want to see green light on HUB ,,, let me try one more time to activate this stupid so called KHUB,,, then I will write an email to kbox people & ask why they allowed third party module without activation to use there product.,,, I will post later,,, dont think I gave up,,, I am gonna post later,,, if u have any other suggetion post here,,, thanks for your continue support & help SADA khush raho...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5176
Rk try to download khub activation file again may be that will solve the problem just download the activation file and then download latest file,

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/k1-plus-files/84849-k-hub-activation-file.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
I tried to activate hub again & failed,, then I tried to eleminate the usb to seriel cable & hookup on diff computer which has seriel port on board,,, bingo ,,, its gone through in first attempt,,, so people who is trying to use usb to seriel adaptor,,, pls try to avoid using that adaptor & try to connect through on board seriel port just for the sake of avoid doubts.
Thanks,,, to Sada for support ,,, all channels are back except zee tv,,, if possible pls post pid vid aid & tp for manual input,,, Thanks again

Username: Saibaba

Calgary, ALBERTA CANADA

Post Number: 1
Please SADA help me also, I sent you a PM, I am home now, can you help please please please ...... no sound in the house ... man its really not a nice feeling.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
Its really strange, sai baba is asking for help ?

Calgary, ALBERTA CANADA

Post Number: 2
yes my dear
every one has tough days
mine r on and off in form of no green light ,,,,,,, but the good part is, asking for help fond me a new friend.....

Calgary, ALBERTA CANADA

Post Number: 3
and needless to say MY SAI has his ways to get things done

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Sai baba what is the problem, can u explain to the world ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5316
RK sai baba got special treatment , home service and problem was fixed

Bronze Member
Username: Waqarkhan1971

Post Number: 59
can anyone pls tell me what it is the tp for GEO NEWS on KI PRO DIGY. as I am not getting it ?

How can I manually scan on it and also lot of freezind on pak/indian channels

Gold Member

Post Number: 5319
http://www.lyngsat*com/packages/dish119.html

remove* with dot
this is good info i found,
otherwise adding mannual channel is really easy,
what kind of insturctions do u need?

Default KBox Plus with 118.7W TP & missing channels
I just would like to share my experence with problem I found with 118W. The Fac Sat infor only put a total of 9 TPs on the Sat TP list. If you try to scan by using Red button at Sat set-up . you will have only half the channels, If you using auto scan to scan you will pick-up more TPs = total of 13 TPs and still missing about 40 channels. If you using Blind scan, you will pick-up together with 119W TPs and all channels but you still missing 4 TPs from 118W.
What I did is I went back and do a factory reset. ( It went back to original 9 TPs ) . Than go to manual scan menu to manually add in the other 8 TPs. Just follow the guide on the bottom by using Green button for add, and yellow for delete TP. there is no need <enter> or OK after you enter each information for each TP, just continue by Green button for add or exit and confirm.
There also no need for TP/FEC like 7/8 or 3/4 or 5/6
Here is the missing 8 TPs ( not include the HD Tps as will not need) in case you would like to add in:
*** 12002 - 20000 - H
*** 12033 - 20000 - H
*** 12050 - 20000 - V
*** 12094 - 20000 - H
*** 12111 - 20000 - V
*** 12124 - 20000 - H
*** 12142 - 20000 - V
*** 12155 - 20000 - H
If it was correct set up you will have a total of 154 channels for 118W by auto scan.
and a total of 417 channels for both 118W+119W.
If you able to get 417 or more by only scan 118W do not went in and try to scan 119W alone or you will have many double channels.
Hope the SAT Infor file will be fixed in future FAC files so we don't need to go through this if we need to reset to FAC for some reason.
Hope this help or if some one did not have the same issue with my please share your experence.

Bronze Member
Username: Waqarkhan1971

Post Number: 60
thanks sada, i will try

but the link you gave me does not have TP for GEO NEWS

Gold Member

Post Number: 5322
11806 R
tp 7

SR 20000
FEC 7/8

it is there..

Username: Firangibowler121

Post Number: 9
Hello sada

This is kapoor, yesterday i got the kbox digy pro with wire less bridgs for one of my friend i have programmed the khub with the activation file and then put the new file in. also i have done everything which i have read in all the threads like reboot everything, factory default the khub so many times but everytihng seems to be invain. I need ur help to get this Khb green light.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us