Viewsat to release cardless solution??

Bronze Member
Username: Hannity

REPUBLICAN, LOVE COUNTRY

Post Number: 19
This is a rumor that was posted under Sonicview IKS discussions at ftabins.

The rumor goes like this... VS will release some type of dingle/dongle whatever?? but it will be wireless meaning (no internet connection all the time) catch is no ppv or special events.

Sounds great by me!! Now everybody come and tare me a new one.

like I said its a rumor, but certainly VS has to come up with something.

Now come and tear me a new one.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 5061
rumor is rumor only.........
its not mentioned at any official site,
its more like rumors from members like "chumley"

Bronze Member

REPUBLICAN, LOVE COUNTRY

Post Number: 20
A guy named Bob at ftabins, said he was tight with the coders also said he was friends with plymouth so sounds VERY credible!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9456
Hi Tiger!

My friend Bob doesn't have the right to talk of it now, but yes Viewsat will come with a solution but I can say more for now.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9460
Hi Tiger!

My friend Bob doesn't have the right to talk of it now, but yes Viewsat will come with a solution but I can't say more for now.

Sorry my error!

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 2918
Here it is rush i can send you one. This particular one plugs right in.

Upload

Bronze Member

REPUBLICAN, LOVE COUNTRY

Post Number: 21
looks good (O- gregraf -O), I will take 2 if you can spare em

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9461
Greg

This is a very old Modem 4800bps.

What are you doing with it?
Put it in garbage.

Username: Joebooo

VISITING COUSIN

Post Number: 4
One mans garbage, is another mans treasure

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 465
The CMX469A chip is indeed an FSK modem chip. Looks like ham radio modem indeed. An old one at that.

Silver Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 115
I hope VS come with a solution soon, its been quite frustrating so far.
I don't want to go to IKS solution.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15249
Till Nagravision 2 was made available to FTA in 2006 we were in the dark for 2 months. The FTA industry has evolved since. Nigravision 3 will probably take as long or more to hack, but the innovative IKS solution might keep everybody happy for a while. So i expect that IKS or ihub or something similar will be available as a third party add on for the popular STBs, such as Pansat and Viewsat.

Bronze Member

REPUBLICAN, LOVE COUNTRY

Post Number: 28
the innovative IKS solution might keep everybody happy for a while

Except those of us on dial up

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15250
Perhaps satelite broadband will come down in price. As i see it, there is a small percentage of dial up users who do it because of the cost factor and a larger number of the dialup people who have no wired broadband availability and the satelite broadband is just a bit too costly.

The following is from Wiki.
"One-way receive, with terrestrial transmit

One-way terrestrial return satellite Internet systems are used with traditional dial-up access to the Internet, with outbound data traveling through a telephone modem, but downloads sent via satellite at a speed near that of broadband Internet access. In the U.S., an FCC license is required for the uplink station only; no license is required for the users.

Another type of 1-way satellite internet system involves the use of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) for the back-channel.[2] By utilizing a connection that is offered in standard GPRS or EDGE, the upload volume is very low and since this service is not per-time charged, but charged by volume uploaded, users are able to surf and download in broadband speeds. Another view of using GPRS as return would be the mobility when the service is provided by a satellite that transmits in the field of 50 to 53 dBW. Using a 33 cm wide satellite dish, a notebook and a normal GPRS equipped GSM phone, users can get mobile satellite broadband."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us